No Early Bird tickets this year?

I'm assuming you've also not spotted that it's pre-bought only tickets on Saturday and potentially the other days too? Therefore you don't have a ticket you're not getting in so don't bother queuing as simple as. Given there's also three halls in operation they may repeat Sheffield's arrangements and split the queues between the three doors.

Edited by Knitty Fred

I can actually see this being a bit of a problem. Charging more for this one ticket type is going to encourage more people to turn up for the time that doors open. Where as previously you could choose to pay extra bad come early, which in the long run made the queues shorter than they would be if there was just one time for entry. Might not make sense to some but it does to me.... Not sure if I've worded it right

• Like 2

I can actually see this being a bit of a problem. Charging more for this one ticket type is going to encourage more people to turn up for the time that doors open. Where as previously you could choose to pay extra bad come early, which in the long run made the queues shorter than they would be if there was just one time for entry. Might not make sense to some but it does to me.... Not sure if I've worded it right

I don't see this as being a problem - the people in the know, know to come early to get a decent place in the queue where as the people who think they can just turn up at 5mins to and get in will be in for a shock and learn for next year. If they had done their homework beforehand and popped on here to read some threads then they would know and be in the know, you know? Everyone should be in by the time the Photoshoots start though as there will be multiple staff with handhelds and only one queue.

I don't see this as being a problem - the people in the know, know to come early to get a decent place in the queue where as the people who think they can just turn up at 5mins to and get in will be in for a shock and learn for next year. If they had done their homework beforehand and popped on here to read some threads then they would know and be in the know, you know? Everyone should be in by the time the Photoshoots start though as there will be multiple staff with handhelds and only one queue.

They don't know we know they know we know. :P

• Like 2

They don't know we know they know we know. :P

But we know, so that's all that matters.... you know!!

• Like 1

Except in the past people without the prepaid ticket also queued early and a lot of them got in earlier than people in the prepaid queue. These queues are combined now.

I think I've misspoken. What I meant was that now instead of having 35000 people turn up at staggered times because they have paid less money or more money depending on the ticket type that they choose. You now have only one ticket at £3 more expensive than the previous early bird entry and £6 more that standard, this increased cost will surely make those 35000 people want to all turn up at doors open, because they have spent the extra money without having a choice. I'm not personally effected by this as I always used early bird in the past I just think others will see it as " I've paid the extra money without choice I'm going early"

• Like 2

• Moderators

There were always people even with early bird tickets who didn't show up until near lunchtime, people will still likely only show up particularly early if they feel that the things they want to do that day require an early start.

And on the Saturday definitely and potentially Sunday no on the day sales means the entire front door crew will be working to get people in efficiently.

I think they should do it by region like having a que for Scottish people and one for English and since the Scottish will be outnumbered we should be allowed in first to get what we want and then when we leave let everyone else in.

I think they should do it by region like having a que for Scottish people and one for English and since the Scottish will be outnumbered we should be allowed in first to get what we want and then when we leave let everyone else in.

Yes, and as a Dutch person I should be let in even sooner, as the Scots will surely outnumber the Dutch...

Yes, and as a Dutch person I should be let in even sooner, as the Scots will surely outnumber the Dutch...

And I am the only Camel attending.... Then I should go in first before everyone Thank you. :coolthumb:

• Like 1

The system looks promising because, as I take it, everyone will be granted access as soon as the doors open. There should not be anyone waiting outside "for safety reasons" because there are are too many people inside, as it happened in the past. Therefore, I suppose that the maximum amount of pre-sold tickets must be within the limits of safety regarding the presence of people inside the building.

Think of it this way.

There is only one queue now, which will make it easier for everyone to understand.

All of the Showmasters staff can focus on getting the people in this queue in through the doors as quick as possible.

Gone is the disgruntlement of those that bought pre-paid early bird getting in later than those who are doing pay on the door, always upset quite a few people this way.

Yes, there will be a very big queue, but in reality there has been for quite a few years for those with early bird tickets anyway, I would still think everyone will be in within the first 30 minutes, hopefully quicker.