London Film & Comic Con Tickets - Temporarily Down

It seems to be working for me, much clearer interface as i don't have to search every name one by one.

About the fee, is it £2.50 for each ticket or each order (group) placed ?

As stated a number of times already the admin fee is per order. One order with 20 tickets means still one admin fee.

Is there problems at the moment?

The site isn't loading for me.

Hope it works tonight so I can get the RDA ticket?

There seem to be regional problems with accessing the site. I've mentioned this to the office, but as it's not the server I really don't know how much can be done.

But again, please don't panic about RDA. The second batch lasted longer than the first one even for Stan Lee.

"1. How will tickets be called up for the photo shoots as they aren't numbered anymore?"

StuartG2198 raises a good point.

Also how will you plan on running the photo shoot queues if there is gonna be a mix of people with numbered tickets and people with these printouts?? I predict chaos.

Okay, this is confirmed by TooTall in reply to your question:

For the mixed events where both regular and e-tickets exist the order is: Old tickets pre-ordered first, then e-tickets, then tickets sold on the day.

The exact procdure how e-tickets and sold on the day tickets will be called will be confirmed as soon as possible.

could have atleast waited till afterthe 2nd lot of RDA tickets had sold. or day after they went on sale. There will be a LOT ff people trying to get their RDA photo shoots tonight. hope there are no hickups. Also £2.50 seems rather steep. i could have stomached £1-£2 without any thought but £2.50 is rather a lot of money for something we pint off on out own.

Edited by stargate geek emily

could have atleast waited till afterthe 2nd lot of RDA tickets had sold. or day after they went on sale. There will be a LOT ff people trying to get their RDA photo shoots tonight. hope there are no hickups. Also £2.50 seems rather steep. i could have stomached £1-£2 without any thought but £2.50 is rather a lot of money for something we pint off on out own.

I agree with you they should have waited till the winter 1 because it would have been a lot less busy

Also £2.50 seems rather steep. i could have stomached £1-£2 without any thought but £2.50 is rather a lot of money for something we pint off on out own.

That's exactly what my main problem is with all of this. It's a huge cash grab.
It's no different than any other company using e-tickets. In fact it's cheaper than most I've used!

Also £2.50 seems rather steep. i could have stomached £1-£2 without any thought but £2.50 is rather a lot of money for something we pint off on out own.

It's no different than any other company using e-tickets. In fact it's cheaper than most I've used!

Personally, every e-ticket I've had to buy has had no extra "admin" charges. I don't understand how they can say it's an administration fee when the actual physical tickets didn't have an administration fee.

Personally, every e-ticket I've had to buy has had no extra "admin" charges. I don't understand how they can say it's an administration fee when the actual physical tickets didn't have an administration fee.
Everyone I've ever bought has had a 'booking' fee which is the same thing but you end up paying £2.50 or more PER TICKET not per order.

Everyone I've ever bought has had a 'booking' fee which is the same thing but you end up paying £2.50 or more PER TICKET not per order.

That's the thing, if the old physical tickets had a booking fee as well as a delivery charge then I wouldn't care. But it just seems as if they've introduced this admin/booking fee (whatever it's called) for no particular reason other than greed.

Even if an admin or somebody from Showmasters would like to explain in detail what this £2.50 is for, I'd be more than happy to read it :smile: I'm just having a tough time figuring it out myself.

Edited by TrinityKiller24

My only concern about new system is that the etickets aren't numbered. This won't be an issue for those with gold passes but as someone who tends to buy photo tickets as soon as they are available online to try to get a low number to get through the line quickly in case of clashes I must admit the prospect of no numbers concerns me. This is fine for guests who are not as busy but I do think shoots could become chaotic for big guests who have 400-800 shoots in a day (especially all the potential big names who havent been announced yet so there's no paper tickets for them at all) At least if numbers are called e.g. 1-50 there can be some organization and people are less likely to block the walkways. I think that it should be a perk of buying tickets early. Also it could make people buy at the last minute if there's no advantage to buying tickets months before the show meaning SM have less money upfront to spend on guests. I love the ideas of etickets and understand the admin charge but I do think that tickets need to be numbered in order for the brilliant crew who work the photo shoot queues to the kind of efficient job they have done so far and not have the extra stress of 400+ people wanting to queue at once.

• Like 1

My only concern about new system is that the etickets aren't numbered. This won't be an issue for those with gold passes but as someone who tends to buy photo tickets as soon as they are available online to try to get a low number to get through the line quickly in case of clashes I must admit the prospect of no numbers concerns me. This is fine for guests who are not as busy but I do think shoots could become chaotic for big guests who have 400-800 shoots in a day (especially all the potential big names who havent been announced yet so there's no paper tickets for them at all) At least if numbers are called e.g. 1-50 there can be some organization and people are less likely to block the walkways. I think that it should be a perk of buying tickets early. Also it could make people buy at the last minute if there's no advantage to buying tickets months before the show meaning SM have less money upfront to spend on guests. I love the ideas of etickets and understand the admin charge but I do think that tickets need to be numbered in order for the brilliant crew who work the photo shoot queues to the kind of efficient job they have done so far and not have the extra stress of 400+ people wanting to queue at once.

• Like 1

That's the thing, if the old physical tickets had a booking fee as well as a delivery charge then I wouldn't care. But it just seems as if they've introduced this admin/booking fee (whatever it's called) for no particular reason other than greed.

Even if an admin or somebody from Showmasters would like to explain in detail what this £2.50 is for, I'd be more than happy to read it :smile: I'm just having a tough time figuring it out myself.

Don't forget that they are a business! They need to make money too and if you have a look at how much other cons can charge for the same guests (there was an american guy who commented in the Neve Campbell thread about how much cheaper she is here than in the states) then I'm happy to tag £2.50 on an order so that the SM guys can have a well earned extra bit of cash in their pockets! But saying that, from what I've seen I'm sure they have a good reason for the charge and that in the long run it will benefit the cons and ultimately us as customers. At least they're not charing us £6 fees per ticket like I've seen in other places.

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Like 1

I love the idea of etickets -no more trips to postoffice, more efficient, can buy tickets for late announcements on line, etc but I am concerned about no numbers on photo tickets. The numbers help to keep things organised especially for big guests who may sell 400-800 tickets per day. This will be difficult for the amazing crew to oversee as they will find it harder to organise. At least if people are allowed to join queue in small batches like 1-50 there can be organization and people are less likely to block walkways by hanging around for shoots way in advance. I also think the numbering system is a nice perk for those of us who don't have a gold pass but buy photo tickets as soon as they're announced to get low numbers in order to lower the chances of clashes. Also,if there's not a number system people will be less likely to buy tickets for photos way in advance meaning less money for SM in advance. If there is a way to add numbers or colours to the etickets to group people that would be much better Imo.

• Like 1