Advice needed! | How should I get my autographs?

twiga

Thanks everyone, all of your advice has been very helpful. I guess it is going to depend on each guest.

But I have now picked out an awesome poster to start my Game of Thrones collection on!! :dance:I guess I'll just have to awkwardly wrestle with it whilst trying to get out of the way of everyone else!

And I'll be getting John Ratzenberger on a book I have :smile:

For now everyone else can go on 8x10s. Does anyone have advice for how best to store 8x10s? I currently only have a filing box and it doesn't really do them justice. But I don't have enough wall space for them either! Dilemma! Does anyone know where I can get a nice display book that doesn't have the words "self-adhesive" in the description?

Thanks again!

I get 8x10's. they are much easier to carry around and store than posters plus they are easy to get framed if you have an uber special person you meet. plus 8x10's are easy to store. i use a company that are almost always at showmaster that make lignen, acid free wallets for your autographs and photoes. plus you can still get a few autographs on 1 picture with an 8x10 if you want a group bit it looks good with just 1 auto on it too. but for authors i prefer a book to be signed. its all down to preferance.

I usually collect 8x10s for actor specific autographs, but recently I collected many of the Hunger Games cast autographs on a magazine cover. I reproduced it today so the original could be safely stored. The reproduction has been framed and looks great hanging in my room!

Multiple autographs on one image can look really great! Especially A3 sized, which can easily be transported back and forth in an acid free sleeve carried in an A3 folder, which you could also store your 8x10s in from that day. It's made me decide to collect as many autographs as possible now on a Game of Thrones image! :D

Hope that's inspired you a little, hehe :D

• Like 1

Personally I much prefer the visual aesthetic of multiple signatures on a nice poster. I even go to the effort to use paint pens which don't fade and look so much more vibrant. Yes, it can be a bit of a headache managing multiple posters (even worse with paint pens) at a con, but ultimately it's just a small bit of extra effort for a few hours to get something that looks so much nicer, in my opinion.

• Showmasters Admin

Next year will be the time if you want to start collecting BTTF guests to get it on one item. I'd be tempted to go for a poster, mostly because of space. A 10x8 or DVD /Blu Ray Cover doesn't take much to get filled up quickly.

Normally I tend to stick with 10x8s, but I have just started a Doctor Who poster for Doctors only and have a few multiple signed DVD covers, e.g. Halloween signed by Scout, Danielle and Tyler.

Have to admit with such a huge BTTF a line up I'm debating getting a poster for the occasion as well as 8x10s, would also quite like Lloyd on the bluray set as well

I did this and i had my Hover board signed by everyone from the film and i have to say it just looks amazing ands its on my wall and everyone say how cool it is , as many of you know i collect also , i have 8"x10" and i also have started some posters , and i have to say after a little wile the ports when they start to fill up this to look just incredible and they are things that after a wile you just cannot by or do again is some of the care are that rare ? at the ned of the day its all down to yourself if you collect 8"x 10"s then thats your thing and that cool and i to go for some 8" 10"s as they do look cool :-)

jason

• Like 4

• Moderators

Next year will be the time if you want to start collecting BTTF guests to get it on one item. I'd be tempted to go for a poster, mostly because of space. A 10x8 or DVD /Blu Ray Cover doesn't take much to get filled up quickly.

Normally I tend to stick with 10x8s, but I have just started a Doctor Who poster for Doctors only and have a few multiple signed DVD covers, e.g. Halloween signed by Scout, Danielle and Tyler.

Have to admit with such a huge BTTF a line up I'm debating getting a poster for the occasion as well as 8x10s, would also quite like Lloyd on the bluray set as well

I did this and i had my Hover board signed by everyone from the film and i have to say it just looks amazing ands its on my wall and everyone say how cool it is , as many of you know i collect also , i have 8"x10" and i also have started some posters , and i have to say after a little wile the ports when they start to fill up this to look just incredible and they are things that after a wile you just cannot by or do again is some of the care are that rare ? at the ned of the day its all down to yourself if you collect 8"x 10"s then thats your thing and that cool and i to go for some 8" 10"s as they do look cool :-)

jason

w

Very jealous of the signed hover board!!!! Who have you got on it Jason??

Regarding storage of the 8x10's, at the shows I have a small rigid carry case I pop them into when the sig is dry and they are then nice and safe. When I get home I store them in the UltraPro pages which go in a trading card folder but any A4 folder would do. I always stick a post it note on the back as well with the signers name (Just in case in the coming years I forget who the person was, especially if the sig is unreadable or the person is heavily made up), the date I got it and at what event.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey,

I like to collect 8x10's because I can still get them framed as one large piece. So say for example a show has 9 main cast members, I eventually have the option to get them framed like this: (I hope the picture shows)

110kqqb.jpg

I also prefer 8x10s because at the event it's much easier to look after a folder with pictures in then it is a large poster. Not to mention when you leave the guests table and have a rolled out poster in your hand, it can be a pain to get rolled up and into it's tube without space and help... at least from what I can tell from observing others at the shows.

Plus there's always fading to worry about. I keep my autographs in a proper storage box with polyester pockets. I scan them in and get frame able duplicates printed. I can't tell the difference once it's on the wall and it's nice to know I not only have a original stored away safe, but also saved online in case there's a fire and it can be printed again. I don't know how I'd be able to do the same with a large poster.

I've personally never seen the point of getting DVDs signed. I moved to Blu-ray for a bit a few years back but then onto a digitally stored collection of TV shows and Movies. When ever I see someone getting a DVD signed it's the same as seeing a VHS getting signed...it just looks a bit..I dunno..dated. But my other love is technology, so I guess this wouldn't matter as much to other people. I can also see merit to having the physical item reflect the age that the show/movie was released.

Signed props or statues on the other hand.. they can be cool. I have a couple of them, but I also got 8x10s done from those guests as well.

Good foryou dude. I always get DVDs signed - they will be worth much more than photos in the future. Plus I have no intention of moving to Blu Ray......and comparing DVD with VHS is the most ridiculous comment Blu Ray, seems old hat now anyways, seeing as streaming is the future.

Edited by memorabilia

Hi.

I only go for signatures for my blu-ray movies/series.

For example i have 3 signatures on star wars episode 4-6, and 6 signatures on star wars episode 1-3. then i have 6 signatures on game of thrones season 1-3 (2 on each) :P (all blu-rays, just too be clear)

Have a few signs for LOTR to, and the hobbit, even other movies/series. Looks great too display in the movie shelfs. :D

• Like 1

What is the most number of autographs you have got from one guest?

I want a signed 10x8,poster and blu ray!! Wondering if that would be too much and annoy the guest?

You can get up to 5 items signed at a time. If you want more then you have to get another VQ ticket and queue again (note that you can only get 1 ticket for each guest at a time). Two items will be no problem but be aware that the price is PER autograph so say an auto is £20, you'll pay £40 for 2 autos. Edited by Wrong Name

I want a signed 10x8,poster and blu ray!! Wondering if that would be too much and annoy the guest?

You can get up to 5 items signed at a time. If you want more then you have to get another VQ ticket and queue again (note that you can only get 1 ticket for each guest at a time). Two items will be no problem but be aware that the price is PER autograph so say an auto is £20, you'll pay £40 for 2 autos.

Many thanks for helping me! I didn't know it was 5 per person.

I am currently planning on 3 from Robert Englund. Oooppss!!

You can get up to 5 items signed at a time. If you want more then you have to get another VQ ticket and queue again (note that you can only get 1 ticket for each guest at a time). Two items will be no problem but be aware that the price is PER autograph so say an auto is £20, you'll pay £40 for 2 autos.

If you get a VQ ticket for Robert, you should be able to get 5 items signed from him, pay per autograph. I supposed there might be occasions where this is restricted, but I honestly can't recall any previously.

If you get a VQ ticket for Robert, you should be able to get 5 items signed from him, pay per autograph. I supposed there might be occasions where this is restricted, but I honestly can't recall any previously.
On all the VQ tickets I've had there has been an option for more than five... Hope not to confuse anyone but just thought I'd point it out