How was Carrie Fisher ?

Carrie and I got on really well! She was so chatty to me and I gave her a present (a framed photo of her dog that said "Keep Calm and Love Gary"). She got very excited about this and stopped signing, got up and came and gave me a kiss! Not every day you say you've kissed Princess Leia. And then she remembered me in the photoshoot, took my hand and told me she'd be taking the present home with her. Loveliest woman ever! God bless Carrie Fisher! :)

• Like 2

Carrie and I got on really well! She was so chatty to me and I gave her a present (a framed photo of her dog that said "Keep Calm and Love Gary"). She got very excited about this and stopped signing, got up and came and gave me a kiss! Not every day you say you've kissed Princess Leia. And then she remembered me in the photoshoot, took my hand and told me she'd be taking the present home with her. Loveliest woman ever! God bless Carrie Fisher! :)

You lucky sod! I saw the gift on the table and it looked great! She was lovely wasn't she :)
  • Like 1

I hadn't realised that there hadn't been a morning shoot , although I obviously did when I realised there were so many people ahead of my in the afternoon.

When we finally got into the photo area I was a bit miffed initially as I thought, I've paid £65 to have a photo with Carrie, not with her dog, but I guess it made the photoshoot a bit unique !

Carrie herself was fine though, very pleasant , put her arm around me , was chatting , good meet.

As have got autos from Carrie before, didn't go for auto this time, but wanted to get the proper photoshoot rather than the lean over the desk.

We were told in the queue that she wasnt personalising but when we got to the front we were told that she would if we wrote our names down quickly so i got lucky. She made the time to say hello and was also apologetic about how qwickly we were being moved through, she said 'there you go sweetie' as i left :smile: I didnt mind the dog being in the photoshoot i thouht it was quite funny.

I thought she was really rather rude. I politely asked her to put Leia a la what Dave Prowse and Kenny Baker do and she replied 'if you don't know who I am by now that's your problem'. She was eating while I met her, completely ignored me for a while and then talked while still eating spitting saliva and sesame seeds all over my expensive NM comic I had for her to sign. For £60 a smile might have been nice! (And her dog was ugly) lol. I was in the first 100 so it shouldn't have been down to lethargy especially as she turned up 30mins late. Stark contrast to Paul McGann who I met later in the afternoon, he shook my hand, asked about my day and politely enquired about the item I wanted signed! Truly nice chap.

God id pay triple that to have carrie fisher spit saliva at me take it as a bonus lol

Edited by Goonie_marky
  • Like 1

You lucky sod! I saw the gift on the table and it looked great! She was lovely wasn't she :)

She really really was and the kiss off her (and letting me kiss her back) was just the icing on the cake! Wonderful woman and the highlight of my weekend.

I Met Carrie Fisher... :blush: Ohhhhh.... I Met Carrier Fisher.... :blush: One of my Highlights, Thought it was funny that the dog was sitting with her and would of loved to hear the conversation that the dog stays and gets a seat... The Dog was not in my photo.. I Met Carrie Fisher :blush::smile: Thanks SM for making this happen :smile:

I was a bit disappointed the morning photo session was cancelled, especially as it meant we had to stay later just to get her photo. Was dreading the shoot after hearing various stories about why she was late etc. I needn't have worried though as I thoroughly enjoyed having my photo taken with her...and her lovely dog. As I walked away from her she said "Nice dress" in her slow American drawl...made my day :dance:. Carrie Fisher said I had a nice dress!! I was one HAPPY girly :clap:

She really really was and the kiss off her (and letting me kiss her back) was just the icing on the cake! Wonderful woman and the highlight of my weekend.

You kissed her back? Wasn't in the lumbar region was it?

I met Carrie around 2pm after cheekily asking a member of SM crew if I could jump the VQ a little and was pleasantly surprised when they agreed.

Carrie was nice enough exchanging a few words, but no personilsation which doesnt bother me much. Tried to get a sneaky pic while waiting in the auto queue too.

My only gripe was the fact she let the wonan in front have an over the table photo with her child; this was annoying as we were all being stared at waitibg in the queue to prevent photos being taken.

Still on the plus side got her auto which was no disappointment; and Gary looked great too.

Wasn't sure what to expect with Carrie...

Waited an hour in her auto booth on Sunday for her to appear in the morning and after Saturday expected it to be no personalisations to try and ensure more people got to see her.

True enough just before Carrie arrived the crew member went through the queue saying "no personalisations". Disappointing (given she likes personalising) but understandable given her popularity.

It came to my turn and I gave her my own pen for a small item to sign, she said she already had blue but I remarked this was a 'fine' pen, she said it "yes it's fiiiiiiine". Then my 8x10 landed in front of her and she said "would you like a name?"

I gave her my name and asked if she's put "Galactically Yours" like she used to do many years ago. She said, "I won't write that but I'll write something else"....

"Love to the other Luke

See you later - same time

Usual place

Carrie Fisher"

Was chuffed to bits, better than my suggestion and took up half the picture!

I thanked her sincerely for her effort, said it was nice to meet her and Garry too which she liked.

Two minutes later I realised I'd left my pen with her so I went back and her crew member got it off the desk for me. Carrie saw what was happening, stopped signing and shouted "I thought you were going to let me keep that!"

I was not going to bother with a signed photo originally but was so glad I changed my mind at the last minute - truly one of the best personalisations I've ever had, and after I was td no personalisations, and I didn't even ask!

She seems a bit demanding and somewhat I'm her own world (in an endearing way) but she was a good sport and game for her fans.

• Like 2

on sunday i realised that there was no way i was gonna get a Stan Lee autograph after seeing the queue for it in the underground car park so my partner and i headed up to the main doors at about 8;30. I think it was jason himself that opened the door that i and my partner went through.

anyway we jogged down to the carrier fisher bunker, or what ever you want to call those little kiosk things she was doing signings in and were about third in the queue, there was a short man infront of us call Wilf (hello if you are reading this!) who regaled us with his story of him being told by terry farrel to place his head on her chest during the photo shoot.

so there we were expecting carrie to be there for 9am; at about 9;30ish a blue shirt came out and told us that carrie wasn't going to be there until 10:30am. no problem, its only an hour i can use this time to grab some other signing whilst my partner holds our place.

we were allowed into the bunker and i purchased my picture and autograph ticket and enquired about personalisation and the lovely young girl in the blue shirt said she wasn't sure but it was most likely.

being a gold pass (dont you just hate those gold pass people) and we peaked round the corner to see Ian Mcdairmid in full swing doing the autograph thing. 10:30 came and went and still no carrie, alot of people had now slumped to the floor including myself and my partner.

at 11:00am we heard an almighty crash from Ian's signing bunker, apparently someone had dropped their darth vader statue and it had broken after he had gotten it signed...no luck mate, we were all gutted for you in carrier's bunker i can tell you.

now my partner, god bless her is a patient woman but when she referred to carrie as "Princess Later" rather than Leia i knew things weren't sitting well with her...especially after being in a queue on friday for 3 hours for our gold wristband!

at 11:21 "Princess Later" arrived!.... so only a two hour wait :whistling:

now i dont know who is to blame for that, in the past if there has been time issues for guests then there has usually been some information on the main site but there was none for both days which makes me feel its more at carrie fisher's end of the deal rather than showmasters. at least this time there was some communication going even if it was still wrong or incorrect.

it was here that the signing took a small twist; i dont know who the american man was that was with her wearing the black t-shirt and glasses but carrie fisher was sitting next to him as he stood looking our choice of pictures but he simply said "she wont be doing personalisation".

she...? she...? who is she, the cat's mother? if that was her manager or assistant he certainly didnt have much respect for Ms fisher to talk about his employer in the third person in such a rude manner.

Thankfully "Princess Later" did personalise my picture and i decided rather than stay and chat with her, (i always wanted to know if she got to keep that slave girl outfit or if she had to hand it back at the end of the film) i would quickly vacate the bunker and allow other people to get in and get an autograph...that and my partner was threatening to give her a lesson in time keeping that she wasn't likely to forget.... LOL

all said and done it was nice meeting her and i was offered a free autograph from garry but i politely decline

I had a photo with Carrie on Sunday. I saw her quite quickly (Once the queue started moving) as I was number 59 :D I was surprised when I saw her dog but he's adorable and I had no problem with the dog being in the picture. Carrie was really friendly and the top she was wearing was just awesome. Well worth all those pennies :dance:

• Like 1