What time to arrive?!?

Guys,

This is my first con and am not sure what time to arrive. We only have tickets to the Saturday.

We want to be one of the first people in in the morning and want to get a Virtual Queue ticket for Stan Lee autograph (Really can't bear the thought of missing out on this)

We were thinking of arriving at around 6am - 6:30am. Is this a good time to get there. Will the queue already be huge or will we be standing there mega lonely for hours?

Thanks in advance.

JJ

• Like 1

Saturday tends to be the busiest day of the weekend and this year looks particularly busy with Stan Lee being there so it is quite hard to judge, but based on previous years I would say, that arrival time would be fine and there will be other people arriving around that time. Last year, we arrived around 8.00 a.m. with pre-paid early bird on Saturday. Doors opened at 9 and will were in just after 9.30 a.m.

Stan is going to be particularly busy as well, so as soon as you get into the Hall, go straight to the area where Stan is signing and get your virtual queue tickets for his autograph line.

Edited by GoldenGreen

I'd like to know if there are plans for there to be a seperate queue for Stan outside at all. As someone who doesn't need his autograph, but would like quite low numbers for other guests, I wouldnt like to think I'm going to have to turn up at a stupid time to be in a queue that most people will have started hours beforehand just to get low Stan tickets. I think it would be much wiser if he was in the second building or something like that, and it's stipulated before the event that if you want to meet Stan, you must queue outside the relevant building.

• Like 2

I'd like to know if there are plans for there to be a seperate queue for Stan outside at all. As someone who doesn't need his autograph, but would like quite low numbers for other guests, I wouldnt like to think I'm going to have to turn up at a stupid time to be in a queue that most people will have started hours beforehand just to get low Stan tickets. I think it would be much wiser if he was in the second building or something like that, and it's stipulated before the event that if you want to meet Stan, you must queue outside the relevant building.

There is history for this, for example at the Summer Collectormania last year there were three queues to get in, one for Jenna Coleman, one for Gillian Anderson and one general entry one. However, I guess it all depends on the logistics for the building, it was probably easier to do it in the football stadium as you have a larger area outside and can direct people in through a wider range of entrances. Earls Court 2 tends to get pretty busier just having the two main queues (pre-paid and pay on the day) and one for Gold passes, so if you started to have a Stan Lee queue , a John Hurt queue etc how would this work, would you have a pre-paid Stan queue and a pay on the day Stan queue (the mind boggles !), in my head I can see that would be quite chaotic. On the other hand, even if the queue is big and you are not interested in getting Stan , once you are in, you won't have to join Stan's Virtual Autograph Queue which I would imagine would be pretty big as well so that's where you can benefit.

Edited by GoldenGreen

There is history for this, for example at the Summer Collectormania last year there were three queues to get in, one for Jenna Coleman, one for Gillian Anderson and one general entry one. However, I guess it all depends on the logistics for the building, it was probably easier to do it in the football stadium as you have a larger area outside and can direct people in through a wider range of entrances. Earls Court 2 tends to get pretty busier just having the two main queues (pre-paid and pay on the day) and one for Gold passes, so if you started to have a Stan Lee queue , a John Hurt queue etc how would this work, would you have a pre-paid Stan queue and a pay on the day Stan queue (the mind boggles !), in my head I can see that would be quite chaotic. On the other hand, even if the queue is big and you are not interested in getting Stan , once you are in, you won't have to join Stan's Virtual Autograph Queue which I would imagine would be pretty big as well so that's where you can benefit.

My cunning plan is everyone gets stuck in the VQ line for stan lee which leaves all the other queues quiet. ;) mawhahahahahaha!

• Like 2

True, and it did work well at Collectormania, however as you say the Stadium with its several doors made that easy. That's why I thought the simplest things for LFCC would be if Stan was in the other venue. As you say, the 2 queues usually cause enough of a crowd outside EC2, so one way of filtering it down a little (and being a little fairer I think) would be if Stan was in the other venue. As much as John Hurt, Jenna Coleman etc may be busy at this event, I'm pretty sure no one will be half as busy as Stan

I think this would be quite unfair. What if you want to meet Stan Lee but other busy guests as well? By the time you got in for Stan Lee, you might have a very high number for guests like Dormer or Hurt. I can understand that it must be frustrating for those who don't want to meet him though. I know it'll probably never happen, but I'd like the idea of someone going down the early bird queue, handing out tickets for such a busy guest. It would calm down a lot of people, there wouldn't be such a rush and it'd still be first come first serve.

Well I have a goldpass and will try to be there at 8. but If you can get there at 6 - 6.30 and can take standing in que for that amount of time. JUST DO IT! :)

I mean you will be able to get good VTs most likely with that. You might have to w8 half the day even so cause its Stan Lee and there are sold perhaps 600-700 goldpasses now... (I really donno how many are sold cause no one has answered... I just know there are more than 300 regular goldpasses sold atleast). But if there are more guests you wanna see then you should have no problem I think getting them if you arrive that early :)

If there was only 1 queue to get it could work to hand out tickets down the line. But the problem is that there are different ticket types, there is no way to know who arrived before who (in terms of pre-paid and pay on the day entry).

• Like 1

The handing out tickets while walking down the line will not happen. Then the first 100 people in line get tickets 1 to 100 by default. Some attendees might decide to get tickets although they have no intention of even seeing the guests, causing others to miss out. I collect Disney pins - at some releases people actually just get in line to get low numbered tickets and sell these tickets on. There've been tickets sold for 100 dollars and more.

I agree that in principle the idea sounds nice, but you'd have to work by everyone being 100 percent honest. Somehow I doubt that this will happen. ;)

• Like 1

I think this would be quite unfair. What if you want to meet Stan Lee but other busy guests as well? By the time you got in for Stan Lee, you might have a very high number for guests like Dormer or Hurt. I can understand that it must be frustrating for those who don't want to meet him though. I know it'll probably never happen, but I'd like the idea of someone going down the early bird queue, handing out tickets for such a busy guest. It would calm down a lot of people, there wouldn't be such a rush and it'd still be first come first serve.

It would be no different to previous events where the busiest guests have seperate queues outside the venue at the likes of Collectormania, except for this show it's absolutely guaranteed that Stan is going to be one of the busiest guests at a SM show, so I think it would be extremely fair (and i AM thinking about it from the point of view of someone who would want to meet Stan as well)

You say it wouldnt be fair if you wanted Stan as well as a lot of the other guests, but that's the choice there is. The chances are if you were there early anyway to see Stan, you'd be in an even smaller queue (if the queue was for Stan only) and you'd get in quick, get his ticket quick and get to your other important guests before a lot of the 'other' queue would be in anyway.

To me if you have the two venues that the event is taking place in, and you only have queues going into one of them, and both queues are insanely massive, it seems bizarre to not split them between the two venues and at least say which one Stan will be in so that it can be managed a lot better

Edited by JacknDaniel

I think on balance , it should be the normal queues, otherwise you do start to open up a whole new cans of worms. After every event already some of those who have pre-paid early birds aren't happy that they get in after those buying early bird on the day for example.

Lets just keep it with the normal three queues first thing :

- Gold Pass

- Early Bird pre-paid

- Early Bird on the door

Once people are in they can then decide which queue to join, which is always the case, the queue for the photo ops, or queues to pick up virtual autograph tickets, it's always a bit hectic but not sure how else you could do it to make it fairer. We certainly don't want to get into the situation that Queen Sindel mentions where people who have no intention of getting Stan, get virtual queue tickets just to sell them on to others arriving late !

• Like 1

I think on balance , it should be the normal queues, otherwise you do start to open up a whole new cans of worms. After every event already some of those who have pre-paid early birds aren't happy that they get in after those buying early bird on the day for example.

- Gold Pass

- Early Bird pre-paid

- Early Bird on the door

Once people are in they can then decide which queue to join, which is always the case, the queue for the photo ops, or queues to pick up virtual autograph tickets, it's always a bit hectic but not sure how else you could do it to make it fairer. We certainly don't want to get into the situation that Queen Sindel mentions where people who have no intention of getting Stan, get virtual queue tickets just to sell them on to others arriving late !

+ Silver Pass

I think thats the forth queue. (But Im not sure)

- Gold Pass

- Early Bird pre-paid

- Early Bird on the door

Well to me that makes no sense but I guess we'll just have to see what they decide.

Personally, the LFCC queue is always ridiculously enormous enough as it is (as in near impossible to managed in terms of how it needs to snake round the building etc. I believe there will be enough people going to meet Stan Lee ONLY that could circle the building 2 or 3 times over, it makes no sense to me to keep everyone in one huge queue, especially when there are two buildings that the event is spread across. You could have everyone inside the venue in almost half the time

Last year I got there at 12noon,it was my 1st LFCC event & I wished I could have got there earlier,but this year,me & my brother & his girlfriend have all agreed that we want to get there for 9AM ish :thumbup:

We each have Early Bird Entry Tickets for the Saturday & I have photo shoots booked with Slavitza Jovan & Terry Farrell,I hope they take place around mid morning to early afternoon,then I will have time to look around,buy some merch,have photos with cosplayers & photos with the Transformers & Batmobiles,photoshoots,then autographs,that would be perfect :dance:

But we all want things our way & you do'nt always get it,so I will cross my fingers & see what happens,roll on Photo shoot schedule,not long now :smile:

Edited by TomW1983

I would have thought 6.30 is a bit too early :P 8am would be fine I think

Besides won't the gates to the complex still be closed then? Don't know what time they open but I think anyone getting there that early will have to wait out by the road and then go and queue up outside the actual hall once the gates open.

The way my trains work out with the underground too, I can either get to the venue at 8, 8:30 or 9. I have an early bird ticket and I'm a bit concerned about not getting Stan Lee or Carrie Fisher autos if I turn up at 9 and then join the back of the queue and don't get in until 9:30-10.

May bite the bullet and get there for 8.

I would have thought 6.30 is a bit too early :P 8am would be fine I think

Besides won't the gates to the complex still be closed then? Don't know what time they open but I think anyone getting there that early will have to wait out by the road and then go and queue up outside the actual hall once the gates open.

The gates open around 7 if memory serves me correct.