Latest Guest Announcement - JENNA COLEMAN

She´s a good guest, but for me not such a big one as to need the fanfares before, also 35 quid is a lot (wasn´t she cheaper last time?). I´ll think about meeting her though.

It was £35 last time. I remember because I got her to sign 2 things and I still haven't recovered.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Can we please not use the announcement topic for arguing? It's much better to have it for people actually interested in meeting the guest as they can read the forum!

In the end, the current companion of arguably the most successful show we're currently exporting worldwide is certainly 'great'..!

Anyway let's leave it for people to look forward to meeting her :)

• Like 7

woop i'm going to cardiff con just for her i met her at the 50th convention where her auto was only £15 missed out on a photo so i will pay for the photo with her thats worth the money but not the autograph thats a rip off

I'd say on face value a autograph is worth more than a photograph - you can at least sell the autograph if you absolutely had to.

oh, forum's been fixed - the return button works!!

I suppose we don't know yet if she'll insist on dedicating - she wasn't in November. £35's probably to rich for me, but at least she's keen to keep doing them.

Can we please not use the announcement topic for arguing? It's much better to have it for people actually interested in meeting the guest as they can read the forum!

In the end, the current companion of arguably the most successful show we're currently exporting worldwide is certainly 'great'..!

Anyway let's leave it for people to look forward to meeting her :)

Chill out! Surely one of the purposes of internet forums such as this is to generate discussions, opinions and talking points. I myself don't see the point in having a thread with 50 posts by people saying "cool, defo meeting this guest etc etc". I agree that negative or insulting remarks are not appropriate, but 'most successful show we're currently exporting worldwide"? Really? Once again, John Ratzenberger for example, has been in a bunch of films that has made serious amounts of money worldwide as well as a massively famous classic sitcom. I would certainly class him as 'great'.

Maybe in future they should just announce guests without all the pre-announcement fanfare malarkey if they want to keep these threads 'positive' and "hey cool man, defo meeting this guest, he/she was great last year etc etc"

:sleep:

• Like 6

• Moderators

I am chilled thanks, but the mod team are here to look after the place so please let us do that :)

In the end we KNOW guests read the forum, and they have done in the past and been put off from attending events, so we're going to do everything we can to avoid that. So please respect what we're trying to do. It's not to be heavy handed - we have experience and know what can happen, so we're just doing our best. Thanks for understanding.

• Like 3

Good announcement if you're a Doctor Who fan, but just as I stated in another thread, absolutely does not justify a special 'pre-announcement' announcement! What makes the announcement of this guest more special than, say, John Ratzenberger who is an actual Hollywood name!

Completely agree with ya. I enjoy her as Clara in doctor who, but when they say "another huge guest" or whatever it was called, you'd expect it to be on the level of Jason David Frank or Peter Capaldi or David Tennant and that is a rip off for an autograph/photoshoot. I can understand Stan Lee since it's his final appearance in Europe, but for gods sake, this is almost as bad as Ian McDiarmid.

Sorry for the rant.

• Like 2

I am chilled thanks, but the mod team are here to look after the place so please let us do that :)

In the end we KNOW guests read the forum, and they have done in the past and been put off from attending events, so we're going to do everything we can to avoid that. So please respect what we're trying to do. It's not to be heavy handed - we have experience and know what can happen, so we're just doing our best. Thanks for understanding.

I think I'm going to call it a day with this forum completely. I really don't understand why a guest reading this forum should affect what WE- the fans and paying members of the public - should say and opiniate on. I'm pretty sure any guest can type their name into google and find comments about themselves. I don't have any issues about who any of the guests are, what shows they're from, the quality of the guests, etc. My issue is with the way they're announced and the mod's dislike of people commenting on such announcements.

:sleep:

• Like 3

Ok as David explained earlier, and was ignored by a number of people - If you have no interest in a guest then please do not post in a guest announcement thread. Any negative posts will simply be removed as per forum rules.

• Like 1