Autograph Packs

Ok, so I got in early Saturday morning to get my Gold Pass, only 3 crew trying to sort it out (good on them for working hard) a few more would have been handy. I said I'd get my autograph pack at the end of the day.

At the end was told mine got mixed up or something, was offered either a mix pack, a Twilight pack or something else. I said I'd wait for my choice 'Joss Whedon', was told possibly 3 weeks to come by post. What I don't understand is how they had months to prep for this, if they didn't have enough or something then take the choice off the order site??

Seriously hope I get the pack I want.

How did everyone elses packs go? Any good? Who else didn't get one on the day due to this problem?

I picked mine up on Friday. I got my wristband first, got 4 of 6 autographs I wanted to get that weekend (thank nice try for the Friday preview) and queued to collect my pack. I too opted for the Joss Whedon (have to confessed, ordered this so long ago I had forgotten what I had ordered). But they offered the Buffy. To be honest, the packs are the least of the perks so I wasn't that bothered. To my surprise I got a Mercedes McNab (who was ill 2 years ago so missed her) and an Anthony Head (who I couldn't get last year because it was outside my budget). Overall, I'm pleased. But then again, it was because my expectations were low.

I mainly got the Gold Pass to aid me, being my first ever con (queuing was a breeze although was asked to wait 5mins sometimes, (I met Norman Reedus and Peter DInklage within 15-20mins or less Sat morning), the autographs were probably the only other perk I really looked forward too.

We both ordered Star Trek packs and got approximately 5 out of 16 Star Trek autos, although ones we are very happy with Gates McFadden, Alice Krige, JG Hertzler, Ethan Philips. I am unsure of the the other autos however, may need some quality time on IMDB.

We both ordered Star Trek packs and got approximately 5 out of 16 Star Trek autos, although ones we are very happy with Gates McFadden, Alice Krige, JG Hertzler, Ethan Philips. I am unsure of the the other autos however, may need some quality time on IMDB.

Scan them and post them up here for others to help.

I did not get my pack as I had forgotten to put my preference on my booking form when I ordered it adn in spite of emailing on three separate occasions (one of which was almost immediately after I made the booking and relaised my mistake) that infomration never got through. However I was told that if I wanted the pack of my choice it could be posted to me, so I took that option. One of my friends was more disappointed with the fact that her preference had been noted but when she went to collect her pack (as requested after 12 on Saturday) it had been given out to someone else. Apparently people who collected early and had not specified what they wanted were allowed to choose from the packs that were there. That doesn't seem completely fair.

I did not get my pack as I had forgotten to put my preference on my booking form when I ordered it adn in spite of emailing on three separate occasions (one of which was almost immediately after I made the booking and relaised my mistake) that infomration never got through. However I was told that if I wanted the pack of my choice it could be posted to me, so I took that option. One of my friends was more disappointed with the fact that her preference had been noted but when she went to collect her pack (as requested after 12 on Saturday) it had been given out to someone else. Apparently people who collected early and had not specified what they wanted were allowed to choose from the packs that were there. That doesn't seem completely fair.

Where is the common sense in that?! No wonder I couldn't get mine.

They'd run out of Buffy and Angel packs by the time I went to pick mine up on Saturday, which is what I had requested.

Made me wish I'd got it Friday before I left!!!

Seriously though, the crew member on the organisers desk was very apologetic and when I didn't want any of the packs left she said a Buffy and Angel pack would be posted out to me.

From other gold people I talked to, I get the impression a fair few if them didn't realise they were supposed to request their preference in the comments box when they originally ordered the gold package, which might have then caused problems this weekend as such people wouldn't have had specific packs allocated to them.

It might take a while, but I'm sure I'll get it. Something to remind me of a great weekend, autographs arriving in the post, in a few weeks time!

Well, I cant say yet cause I havent gotten mine yet, but I saw two others that had gotten Doctor Who New and, they werent very happy about them. I wasnt very impressed either tbh. So we will see what might come of it. :) But 10-12 of the maincast of new Dr Who has been to theese events so should be atleast 1-2 of the maincast in there I think. But there werent in thoose packs that they got so... we will see.

Picked mine up on friday as I Ieft but not really anything of interest in it and I've no idea who most of them are. There's only a couple I recognize and think I've had those before too. It's an extra and sometimes there's something in it but it's not why I get the gold pass when I do. I'd rather have some other kind of incentive to be honest like a free photoshoot or autograph of your choice or something. Would be much more value in that than a selection of autographs you don't recognize or are interested in.

worse autograph packs I've ever had. I know a chose a specific pack could have been Indiana Jones or James Bond but not sure...like many others I ordered my gold pass so long ago I couldn't actually remember but normally I forget and normally I say my name and they find the envelope with my name on it but this time it was just 'general mix' packs I was told. So that's what I was given...many of the same as inn previous packs-Adrian Pasdar, hattie Hayridge, and a load of people I haven't a clue who they are. Plus it seems to be all the rejects- poor quality photos, smudged signatures etc. While I don't purchase a Gold Pass purely for these packs they are an added bonus but they seem to be getting worse and worse. The 'Classic Doctor Who' pack I received at Collectormania was a good pack but this time it was just awful.

Ok, so I got in early Saturday morning to get my Gold Pass, only 3 crew trying to sort it out (good on them for working hard) a few more would have been handy. I said I'd get my autograph pack at the end of the day.

At the end was told mine got mixed up or something, was offered either a mix pack, a Twilight pack or something else. I said I'd wait for my choice 'Joss Whedon', was told possibly 3 weeks to come by post. What I don't understand is how they had months to prep for this, if they didn't have enough or something then take the choice off the order site??

Seriously hope I get the pack I want.

How did everyone elses packs go? Any good? Who else didn't get one on the day due to this problem?

We had the same problem on Saturday. We went back about lunchtime as asked and all the LotR packs which I had requested had gone. I was told it should be posted out within 2 weeks. My friend did get her Harry Potter pack but was very disappointed. We were newbies and were looking forward to our packs. It was a lot of money to us and the pack was one of the perks that swayed us to get the gold pass. It was a shame because the rest of our day was great.

Picked mine up on friday as I Ieft but not really anything of interest in it and I've no idea who most of them are. There's only a couple I recognize and think I've had those before too. It's an extra and sometimes there's something in it but it's not why I get the gold pass when I do. I'd rather have some other kind of incentive to be honest like a free photoshoot or autograph of your choice or something. Would be much more value in that than a selection of autographs you don't recognize or are interested in.

yeah i was the same, i wanted the Blakes 7 pack but they werent doing that, tbh i forgot to book the damn pack anyway but i opted for the stargate pack in it's place and there are 2 people in the whole pack i recognise.

I'm not really an autograph hunter and only get my photoshoots signed as to make them more special and personal to me... but with that being said I was happy with the 4 autos from the show I requested but there were only 5/7 randoms in my pack... 1 of which I havn't the foggiest about but it was a nice added treat...

• 2 weeks later...

What I was told is that they only had certain packs left at the event. And from what I've heard from others since, is that people didn't take the pack they had originally requested.

And I thought it said, people who didn't specify only get general auto pack, how can they be allowed to choose any pack.