Personalisations - Yes, No, Maybe!

I get that the big guests may not have the time to personalise all autographs but meeting Gillian Anderson who was busy and personalising I do wonder if something could be done.

I'd already got Jeri Ryan (Who wasn't) only to meet someone who had! Then getting Karl Urban (which said no so ok) the person in front of me got theirs personalised and I didn't!?!

How about for the big (and busy) guests you keep it at a maximum of 5 items you can get signed and that only 1 of these will be personalised?

Anyway, apart from that, it was great meeting them all!

Darryl.

Karl did handwritten sign by the opening were you went to see him that said 'Only personalises not quotes' and the lovely crew member taking the money asked 'do you want it personalised?'

I got mine early morning, around 10, so I dont know if that signed disappeared later on. I didn't go to Gillian or Jeri.

karl did his own thing, i was told he wasnt personalising but he did some people just not everyone's i have one without personalisation and i went bak later after i worked out if i had enough cash he did that one

There's all kind of factors to this. I was very surprised Gillian was personalising but she was writing very quickly. Not messy but just seemed able to do it quickly and still got through people with time to say a few things and left you with a great experience. Some people are slower so it makes sense not to do personalisation.

Unfortunately after Gillian I immediately went to Jeri Ryan who was absolutely lovely and as charming and beautiful in person as I'd hoped but wasn't personalising at that time, though I understand she was later in the day. It's usually the other way round and I was gutted I missed out by going so early in the morning but still have two lovely 10x8s from her and was thrilled to be able to say a few things to her.

I also picked up the print for Gillians' talk and went back to get that signed and again had a really nice encounter with her and I think she was up to around 750 on the VQ ticket numbers by mid-afternoon which was very impressive.

Karl I was pursuaded to see on Sunday by a friend as I hadn't really factored him in. Would have taken my Star Trek blu-ray if I'd thought about it a bit more but was again surprised he was personalising and taking time to chat to people and I was totally won over by him. Wish I'd asked for the character name on the 10x8 as well but actually very happy I did see him in the end and got some great answers to the couple of questions I had time to ask.

I think there is more of a realisation that you can still get through a lot of people but not have to madly rush them through like the old days. David Tennent at EMS was a bit of a rush but still had time to ask him a quick question and get a nice answer and he was at least trying to engage with people and acknowledge them rather than the heads down production line of old.

It can be allowed if organised properly but I always take personalisation as an added bonus. I'm not going to get too upset if it's not bein gone and certainly wouldn't miss a guest just for that reason which I know some people do.

I do understand that some of the bigger guests have no time to personalize, so was very happy to see that Gillian Anderson, Jeri Ryan, John Simm and Freema Agyeman all personalized theirs, despite me visiting them relatively late due to nearly nonstop photoshoots. I did miss Karl Urban's personalization, but he was so nice, so I don't mind, and as I said, I wasn't expecting personalization from guests like these, so feel lucky to have the ones I did get!

For me I love personalisation. That is what makes autograph for me well on a 10x8 anyway. I can deal with a DVD or poster with just a signature but on a 10x8 I need personalisation. I loved the fact I got a personalised Karl Urban 10x8 with 'I am the law!' (he spent a while customising the exclamation mark as well!) as I would not have bothered getting his auto without personalisation.

I love how everyone likes their auto in different ways though! Must keep the day interesting for the guests as well :-)

• Like 1

I don't really want to go into a really big thing here, but it was always my intention to want to have Gillian personalise (this for me was to inadvertently say "Hi, Gillian I want you to know that these will not be going anywhere except nesting proudly in my home." and not look like I was a dealer) but I knew that Gillian was going to be the biggest Guest at this event and I was surprised at how well it was all handled.

When I paid for the Autograph(S) I was surprised when the lady said "Personalisation?" I said "Yes please." and was glad of this.

All I can do is shake my head in disbelief as Gillian greeted me so nicely and with such respect, a smile and - I'm sure others have noted this eye to eye contact, actually looking at you, in some cases I've heard that people don't even look up and acknowledge you.

The vvery first thing Gillian signed was the (until then unsigned by anyone else boxset (it was my choice to not have her personalise that as I hope to make that quite a piece (later on I of course got Nicholas, Mitch and Adam to sign it - more on Nicholas in a bit) then was the Season Boxset which for me was possibly one of the most important pieces and it meant a lot to me that she personalised that, she then asked me if I wanted her to personalise X-Files 2 I Want To Believe, - the fact she asked me, was immense, and I can't remember what I said, in fact it was one of those encounters where I cannot remember what I said to a Guest, she also personalised a 10x8 too.

Everything she signed was beyond special for me and am very glad she personalised. :) X

When I met Nicholas and he signed the X-Files Boxset he asked my name. I thought "Uh oh, he's going to personalise the boxset." turned out he asked my name because he actually wanted to know my name as in "Hi, whats your name." :)

I had a lot of personalisations which was nice and was very suprised when John Simm was personalising . lovely guy true gent and still cannot believe i met him.

At the end of the day its your personal choice to have your photo with your name on it

In a perfect world get one of each but with guests prices rising thats not really an option now.

That leads me to my next point where you could buy a Gillian Anderson from a dealer for £30

I think my opinion will be in the minority but I never get personalisations, not because I don't want my poster to be personal. It's just that I believe when I frame them, they look better without my name scribbled 25 times on it.

Still it would be nice for people who do want them personalised, if they said yes to everyone who wanted one or no if they know it will be very time consuming with the number of signings they have to do. Then you don't have the "They got it personalised but I didn't" argument.

I know they concept of charging for a personalisation in advance has been thrown around. I think it might be best to have a free personalisation ticket when you're buying your autograph tickets, then they know the number of personalisation that they need to do and a time limit in which to do it.

Still it's a hard thing to workout a better system than the one is in place and how to do it. Heh.

King Richard, your photo with Gilian is absolutely brilliant! :coolthumb:

Thank you. I am really happy with it as well, and I'm sure like Coles84 and Murph we'll be getting our pictures enlarged and framed :)

It really is! What an awesome pic!!! :-)

I can't help but think how silly I was a few weeks back when I rethought the idea to cosplay, I am glad I did now and still made a very good impression with Gillian. :)

Sadly the only time i saw you all weekend was on the photo distribution table lol

I wish you'd have said something, it would have been nice to meet you, in fact on Saturday I was rushing around like - well, Mulder, especially for most of the morning, the Friends I came with hardly saw me (apart from inbetween the photoshoot with Zach and Mitch and Nicholas talk) it would have been cool :)

• Like 1

No i meant i saw your pic of you and Gillian on the table, i didn't actually see you. Carmen thinks we were standing next to each other at Bai Lings table on the friday too :(

No i meant i saw your pic of you and Gillian on the table, i didn't actually see you. Carmen thinks we were standing next to each other at Bai Lings table on the friday too :(

*Slaps own forehead*

Christ! I can be so dumb at times. Now I get it.

It was that weekend when we should have all met up in one way or another and unfortunately it didn't happen for any of us. A few times I did see other Friends who I've either met before or for the first time but on Saturday it was such a nut house, going one way and then another and seeing people I knew and iin some cases yelling from the queue or waving my hands ferociously to get the attention of someone. But then, Saturday was always going to be crazy :)

At EMS we all need to sort out a meeting :)

• Like 2

*Slaps own forehead*

Christ! I can be so dumb at times. Now I get it.

It was that weekend when we should have all met up in one way or another and unfortunately it didn't happen for any of us. A few times I did see other Friends who I've either met before or for the first time but on Saturday it was such a nut house, going one way and then another and seeing people I knew and iin some cases yelling from the queue or waving my hands ferociously to get the attention of someone. But then, Saturday was always going to be crazy :)

At EMS we all need to sort out a meeting :)

I was looking out for you guys, Murph did you have a white x on the back of your jacket, I thought I may have seen you in queue for Hayden photoshoot but wasn't sure? I was to far away to shout lol. Would be great to see you guys at future events but as you both mentioned Saturday was crazily busy, I was there til 7 and still had loads to do on the Sunday lol :-)

I managed to get all my signed items personalised.

After Gillian had authorised all my 5 items, Mrs Anderson asked me I wanted them personalised. I replied in the affirmative and the rest is history.

Jeri, Holly, Hayden, Danielle, Mitch, Nicholas and Alex all personalised without a problem.

I was looking out for you guys, Murph did you have a white x on the back of your jacket, I thought I may have seen you in queue for Hayden photoshoot but wasn't sure? I was to far away to shout lol. Would be great to see you guys at future events but as you both mentioned Saturday was crazily busy, I was there til 7 and still had loads to do on the Sunday lol :-)

Well you deffo didn't see me then, i was all in black ;) Black shirt and shorts on all 3 days. Hope things will be easier to meet up at EMS, should we a;; go :smile:

I think if you're paying money for an autograph you should be able to expect you're name on it.

No quotes fair enough but not the name..nah.

If i get a big poster signed I'll get no personlisations until I meet the main star of the thing related to the poster x

• Like 1