Photo collection shambles

You are right, Firecracker, but you have also to consider that people hang around because they are actally browsing through the 1000s photos to find theirs and that takes time.
Sorry but this is wrong. People aren't "hanging" around to browse through the 1000's of photos looking for theirs. Firstly there isn't room in one little section of the table where people seem to stand and remain for 1000 photos to be put down. Also from the majority of people I saw standing at the tables they weren't doing a very good job browsing for the their photos by looking up and around and talking to each other.

The only people I saw trying to browse for their photos were all the poor people trying to see past the ones taking up space waiting for their photos to come out.

• Like 1

Having certain tables for different guests would be handy, sometimes photos are put out only showing us not the celebrity and u can see if it's the one you want or not. I didn't have any issues waiting for photos today it is annoying when people stay and wait at the tables so others can't have a look.

Yep...I had only 3 photo ops...had to wait well over 4+ hrs for 2 morning ones and leave my name and address for the other 2 pm one as I just could not physically stand and wait any longer... :(....I'm getting too old and too tired for all this now...it's too big and much more unmanageable...think LFCC is now a back burner over other priorities...... :(

I much preferred the older, quieter, with less guest days.... :(

Did you manage to find your Ben Browder one eventually DiscoDiva????

I have to admit myself and the wife were appalled at the way we were sent from pillar to post, and then some of the crew saying the photos were there at the other collecection table then going over to the table and then saying no there not here...

To be honest 4 and half hours to get a photo back was pretty poor in my book...... Yes there were a lot of photoshoots, but as some people above have pointed out there were too many photos sold in the first place to get them back to the public in time....

I was told by a crew member at MK18 when I waited over 4 hours for my Carl Weathers photo that they were going to have a shake up and the same problem wouldnt happen at this con.. Unfortunately it has...

You would think that with most of the printing being done at the con itself it would be returned to the collection tables pretty quickly..

Apart from this fiasco the rest of the con, in our eyes, was absolutely brilliant.... All the guests were fab and the friendliest bunch by far at a single con we have attended... Not one miserable face on any of them (And we met 15 or probably even more)

Will we be attending the next one in October???? Yes 100%, but hopefully something will be sorted out with the photo problems......

Yes, I got him at last....staring me right in front he was.....I shot out of that place like a bat out of hell and got home about 2 hrs later...my feet still haven't forgiven me and I'm heading to bed in a moment...

I just hope my Charles Dance one arrives over the course of the next couple of weeks....a lot of aches and pains for 3 photo ops....not sure if I can do the same again next year if it remains the same size....:(

• Like 1

Maybe the balcony should have been used for photo distrubution and each guest having photos have their own table with a sign above so we know who is on what table. All Showmasters need is a bit of organisational thinking.

Actually that would have been a good idea there was tons of room up in the balcony area..... They could have spread a load of tables around the area and fitted every photo on them...

too many photoshoots, too little time.

agreed . the system couldn't cope with the numbers. 4 photoshoots and i only got one back before i left at 5.45. all my shoots were done by the photographer by 1.30. I won't buy them again. Rest of the convention was fun though, just the photoshoot problems were a let down.

Have to agree I think there were too many photoshoots running which is why Adam Baldwin who was basically the last one ended up being an hour or more late. (I know the people on the queue got us through as quickly as they could - none of the blame goes to you people). I think when you have FORTY photoshoots in one day (count them up) the chances are that not all forty are going to run smoothly the way things run currently.

I want to say that I don't put any blame on any of this with the people who were covering the photos or the distribution - I think they were all doing best they could but it just ended up disorganised. Let's face it, no-one there wants things to become disorganised, but i think all the constructive ideas are hopefully useful to them to get it improved in the future.

I was able to stay till virtually 7pm and I did get all of my photos back so I am lucky in that respect compared with others.

Personally, I like to have my physical photo but if the only way to deal with the issue is to have them emailed or whatever, then i can understand. I also have 2 overexposed photos out of 5 (Nicholas Lea and Adam Baldwin being the last 2 which were printed out on site) but have nothing to add on that point that isn't already on that thread.

Still, for everything that happened, had an incredible day. Meeting Gillian will always stick in the memory and her photo looks great (well apart from my messy hair from having just run in from the rain and gone straight to the shoot :blush: )

Sorry I just remembered something else I wanted to add about photo collection. Behind one of the tables, it was the one that had the grey walls behind it, the wall had two large pieces of paper pinned up on it with all the guests names on who were having photoshoots. Next to each name was a big box.

There was only one guest that had a tick next to their name indicating their photos were out ready for collection, yet there were at least 6 or 7 guests photos out on the tables. I can only assume these two pieces of paper were to indicate which guests photos had been developed and put out on the tables for people to collect. If I am wrong then I don't understand what those two sheets of paper were for. If I am right can you get the staff to use these because what is the point in having it if after you tick the first guest that gets displayed you don't bother updating the sheet anymore. A simple tick in the box and you can't even do that. Organisation!

I do have to agree with whats being said. I had to try peering over peoples shoulders just to try and look for mine, hardly any people at the tables were moving apart from people who had actually found there photos. Also not good to have tables too close as i found it a problem getting through as there were also people walking through. And everytime i tried to move on there would be someone there as i go to turn round to move. I ended up getting my holly marie combs photo first then i eventually got my chris judge one. I didn't really have time to stay to find the other two photos ( brian krause and adam baldwin) so i filled in my details, address and all that and left.

Edited by maegurwen

Sorry I just remembered something else I wanted to add about photo collection. Behind one of the tables, it was the one that had the grey walls behind it, the wall had two large pieces of paper pinned up on it with all the guests names on who were having photoshoots. Next to each name was a big box.

There was only one guest that had a tick next to their name indicating their photos were out ready for collection, yet there were at least 6 or 7 guests photos out on the tables. I can only assume these two pieces of paper were to indicate which guests photos had been developed and put out on the tables for people to collect. If I am wrong then I don't understand what those two sheets of paper were for. If I am right can you get the staff to use these because what is the point in having it if after you tick the first guest that gets displayed you don't bother updating the sheet anymore. A simple tick in the box and you can't even do that. Organisation!

yes good point about the ticked boxes on the 2 pieces of paper. The Rose leslie photos were on the table but no ticked box to say they were out and on which table , rather than confront the crowds i took it as given that i had to wait even longer until a friend came up to me later and told me my photo was ready ages ago .Who knows how long i could have saved if the info had been updated properly.Too many people doing it instead of one person sticking to that particular job.Saw 4 different people scribbling on the sheets with 'biros' !!! No wonder things get overlooked. Anyway my last comment is cut down the number of photoshoots, if a Gillian Anderson or hayden patteniere shoot is really popular then the smaller ones should be axed. 40 different shoots is too much. I know its a good moneyspinner but it causes too much hassle. Less is more. (just my opinion) or have a cut off point with the bigger stars (300 maximum)and stick to it.

Edited by loveamyadams

I didn't have a problem waiting for photos to be displayed. The problem i have was with the selfish customers that stood in front of the entire table setup because their photo was not there and so they would wait until it was put out. Looking around they see other people trying to see if their photo was out yet they ignore this and continue to stand in front blocking everyone's view until their photo is out.

This is the biggest problem with photo distribution, it is not the staff or the process it is the selfish people that don't give a toss about anyone else besides themselves.

YES. If a table is maxed out with photos and you don't see yours, then don't stand there hogging space. Do you think if you keep watching the table it will miraculously appear?

If you move away and let people have a look and collect theirs, it makes space for yours. You spend less time waiting, I spend less time waiting. Staff and volunteers have less harrassment.

Everyone wins! :clap:

You are right, Firecracker, but you have also to consider that people hang around because they are actally browsing through the 1000s photos to find theirs and that takes time.

Oh I know it takes a little time to look - but it's when people are standing there absolutely still and looking head up, on the phone, staring into space, that I'm talking about. Definitely not looking at photos.

I know a lot of people were in white or black which takes a little longer to skim for than say bright green or purple, but even so there were a lot of people who weren't looking - for Antony Stewart Head, I had to look for my photo upside down from the other (empty) side of the table, so I could see exactly who was looking and who wasn't :no:.

It was better this time than last year though - I definitely think more people were looking and then backing away (or at leasy trying to, if the crowd behind them permitted).

I did see several people just standing there, looking blankly into space or whatever if their photo wasnt out, as if they were hoping it would magically appear in front of them if they waited?!

When I looked, I did a quick walk around, if I didnt see my photo out then I went off and did something else for half hour or so rather than waste time just standing there.

As it happens though, I got pretty lucky and despite having 10 photoshoots over the weekend, all mine were back pretty fast bar one or two which I did the walking off to do something else I mentioned above. My Hayden shoot from sunday morning was back in about 30-40 mins!! I was in the queue for John Simm (straight after Hayden in the same section), when my friends came up to me with my freshly put out photo!

Though my friend had problems with her Ben Mansfield photo.We went through the shoot together, I offered to let her go first but she insisted no, I could go first. My shoot came back fine, hers nowhere to be seen! Her train home was at 4:30, while mine wasnt until 8:30, but ended up she missed hers and had to wait around until about 5:30 when they printed off another copy for her! Ouch.

Yes the balcony would have been a good idea for photo collections, now that the damage has been done what's going to happen in Earls Court next year SM must rethink a better system as it is the public who are paying good money to have their photo's taken by the guests and dont want their photos being lost.

I agree with the people just standing around...I saw a lot of it happening, especially around the bigger guests' photos. It was quite bad around the Iron Throne pics too. I couldn't get anywhere near them, and only got a hold of my photo because some lovely gentleman spotted it and me and passed it out to me (whoever you were, thank you!). I think maybe it could have been better to have the Iron Throne photos out somewhere else? I'm sure a LOT of people must have gotten these and it would have left more space for the guests' photos and lessened a bit of the crowding.

I heard that the Iron Throne shoot area closed after 3pm? There were tables outside of this that perhaps would have been better to display the photos on after this time.

A certain guest on the Saturday too...their photos were marked as being out, but they weren't and the crew on table B (where they were marked as being out) didn't know where they were or when they would be getting them. I did hear quite a few questions about this...surely it would have been much easier on the crew if this guest hadn't been marked off until the photos were actually there? Same with crowding...people thought that the photos were out, so must have crowded round to find them.

It was a good half an hour later before I saw the photos (I think those photos have the most to do with my legs hurting so much now! I was running between various areas of the hall and the photo tables for the better part of the afternoon).

I never did get my John Bradley shot back on on the day either, which is a shame because I had wanted to get that signed (I thought with the shoot starting at 2pm it was a safe bet since last year I got a shoot that started later back well before the end of the day). I don't know if they ended up getting put out, but I had just rejoined my friends after checking the table a little after six o'clock (and filling in a form) when we were shooed out of the hall, so I couldn't go back and check again.

Strangely, I did see Karl Urban photos out, and his shoot was after John's (granted, I remember John's starting quite late).

Edited by Quinzel

I would like to make a suggestion. I understand why pictures are overlapped on the tables, to fit more in, but if you overlap them all with the guests hidden and just the attendee showing, how are we to know which photoshoot they are? I stood for ages looking for myself in a batch until I realised that I wasn't even in that photoshoot, but I couldn't tell until someone else took theirs, because I couldn't see which guest they were with.

Edited by jael001
  • Like 1

I wish there was a way for the photos to be at the area they were taken. Would make it so much easier to find them! Perhaps on a table behind the bag tables at the photoshoot areas?

That would make the whole area even more of a mess, plus the photoshoot areas are used for numerous guests.

It's really simple, find a big space for photo collection, place clear signage as to which table is for which guest and tell the ignorant lot to go away if their photo is not there yet.