What time are people getting there

I was just curious as to what time people were aiming to get there each day (mainly the Saturday) I can see this being super busy with all the big named guests going this year (please no-one say they are camping over night, as I personally think that would be taking it a little to far, but each to there own)

• Moderators

Yes, before this all starts and people get silly, can I recommend no one getting into a panic!

For the busiest guests - if you're there from opening, be organised and get your VQ tickets AND you're able to stay all day then they'll get through the majority of people, if not all.

Obviously if you're going to turn up at 12 and need to leave at 3 then do expect things to be slightly trickier!

• Like 1

Yes, before this all starts and people get silly, can I recommend no one getting into a panic!

For the busiest guests - if you're there from opening, be organised and get your VQ tickets AND you're able to stay all day then they'll get through the majority of people, if not all.

Obviously if you're going to turn up at 12 and need to leave at 3 then do expect things to be slightly trickier!

Yeah I think my friends only missed seeing guests like twice, and they have been to loads of events, its true if you get there late in the day don't expect a miracle if you have 10 big named guests to see, but usually if you are not to far back in the queue to get in and get all the VQTs early then its fine.

I don't want anyone to panic just curious as all, the only time I have seen people go mental over guests was the first time SMs had the Heroes guest,and the one time I saw Scotty (James Doohan) from TOS, so twice in 8 years isn't bad...

Edited by zebredy

• Moderators

I never arrived more than an hour or so before opening, and usually found myself having met most or all of my guests by about lunchtime! (I arrive earlier now, but that's because crew shift starts early!)

• Like 1

I'll be there between 8.00 and 9.00, I've done enough of these events to know there's no point getting up at silly-o'clock, especially if you can be there all day. I've got so many photoshoots that I wont have time to get any autos til after the last photoshoot session anyway, at which point a lot of the guests I want to see are likely to be on open queues anyway.

I once attended an Ellie Goulding concert in London, got there at 11 in the morning, was the first to queue, got bored, went for a walk around london, got some ciders, sat back in the queue, consisting of just myself, at 5pm some people started to turn up (me still being the first) didn't get let in till 8.30, support band till 10 then Ellie playing until 11.... 12 long hours i waited for her, and i was like 8 ft away, best 1 hour i've ever spent!!!!! So now i always get to places early ;)

Seems like 7 should be fine for me, if I'm getting tickets on the day an all. Like to get there early as I like to mingle and see if there are any other people in the queue to chat with. Nice to make a few friends before I go into the actual event.

I just hope the staff outside the venue don't do what they did last time, and actually let us in. We saw other people coming from round the back of the building, going in to queue, but it wasn't till we pointed that out, then the staff let us in the gates (face, palm) d'oh

Edited by zebredy

Seems like 7 should be fine for me, if I'm getting tickets on the day an all. Like to get there early as I like to mingle and see if there are any other people in the queue to chat with. Nice to make a few friends before I go into the actual event.

I just hope the staff outside the venue don't do what they did last time, and actually let us in. We saw other people coming from round the back of the building, going in to queue, but it wasn't till we pointed that out, then the staff let us in the gates (face, palm) d'oh

Zebredy, it's not Earls Court, it's Olympia, there are no gates, just the main entrance.

I'm glad that moderators/crew members have answered in this thread so as to quash the ideas of any silly behaviour.

Someone on Twitter got very worried when she heard how people were considering getting there at stupid o.clock and I had to greatly reassure her that stupid o.clock wouldnt need to be an option.

How early would people recommend getting there on Saturday with my already bought standard entry tickets? I'm not in a particular rush, all I need to get is VQs ticket for the Doctor Who talk.

• Moderators

If you don't need VTs for any of the 'big' guests, turning up around opening should get you in fairly quickly (the pre-paid line moves very fast) and in plenty time for talks.