C18 Layout information and gates updated on 1st June

Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin

update by jason

we are using gates 4 and 5 of the stadium and the main entrance of the hotel to enter the show

as to guest lines we are only going to have two on saturday and thats John Barrowman and karen Gillan and johns will be at gate 4 and Karens will be at gate 5 and these will be walked in to there location when the doors open at 9 am after that time any door is good to get into the event and meet these guests .

the venue is now 80% covered in now making it much better :-)

this year there is some building work in the car park so if you park outside the hotel then its best to not try to walk around but go into the hotel entrance and walk up the up stairs one floor or go into the lift for on floor if you need to use them

the show is looking very full this year and we are all very excited so we shall see you all there

jason

LAYOUT:

I will NOT be saying specifically where any single guest will be sitting (apart from the exception below), because things can and do change over the weekend, so please don't ask!

DONSmap.jpg

The guests with virtual queues will be in the bays (1-16).

On Friday only bays 1-12 and the signing area around gate 3 will be uses.

On Saturday most of you will want to come in and turn right to get the VTs for the big guests. The only exception to this is, currently Karen Gillan will be in Bay 13.

Cheers,

Stuart.

Edited by Queen_Sindel
  • Like 1

Question.

How can I become a volunteer helper at one of your events.?

I am currently unemployed and wanting to do various volunteer work to enhance my experience in various fields for my CV.

Any Help you can me would be appreciated.

• Showmasters Admin

Question.

How can I become a volunteer helper at one of your events.?

I am currently unemployed and wanting to do various volunteer work to enhance my experience in various fields for my CV.

Any Help you can me would be appreciated.

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25858

• Showmasters Admin

my first time at CM - looks simple. just wondered where is the hotel 'entrance' for the talks?

The hotel is over by the dealers area. I don't know the specific route to be taken, because currently I don't know which room we're using. Please ask at the org booth on the day.

Will the guests ever get to go inside at the stadium? I only ask as the weather has never been brilliant when I've attended and the wind whips round like nobody's business and it gets rather cold.

Looking forward to it though.

darryl.

If using only 1 door to get in that is going to cause a bit of a bottle neck as Sat you have both Karen and John there. I know karen is to the left but you will have everyone rush there then rushing back past door 4 stopping anyone else getting in I can see a health and safety risk here. And to everyone else people will be queueing mega early and all those who have already met these will have to stand in a massive queue for no reason

I too can see there be problems going in through one door on Saturday! I remember the queue for John in the shpping centre! Also the organisers booth is by gate 4 so people will be queueing for photoshoot tickets as well. It may take a few hours just to get into the stadium!

I know it is free and everyone gets in ok just saying if it is anything like last year the organisers booth takes up half the walkway and with karen just inside you will have queues gathering all round one area and will cause a bit of trouble.

there will be crew and pitbosses to queue manage, it will have been considered before deciding to place Karen there.

It is probably to avoid the congestion that could happen if all the busy signers were in one small place.

Also, there isn't usually a signer directly opposite the organisers booth as it is directly opposite gate 4

It will be busy (who would want a dead quiet show!) but there are crew to organise where people queue

Edited by Rhianydd

• Showmasters Admin

They may look close on the map, but Bay 13 is actually 60-80 feet away from GATE 4.

There will be plenty of room for this queue and the org booth. If they were right next to each other we'd not have done it.

Hi, My first time so i have no idea where anything is. Where do we get the VT from? And it is deffo gate 4 we need to come through?

You get a VT ticket from a crew member who will be handing them out at the entrance to where the guest is sitting. Take your ticket, check the numbers that are being signed and then check back regularly until your number comes up. And if Too Tall says it's gate 4 you've to go in, then it's gate 4 you go in :)