John Hurt

lollewis247

Returned from EMS and was very happy with my meeting with John Hurt. What a nice guy he was, kept chatting to me while signing asking me questions, very chatty and a pleasure to meet! :lol:

Also he was doing personalisations which I wasn't expecting and, even better, he allowed posed photographs!

I also met Edward Furlong who was very nice and also posed and dedicated autographs.

I went to John Hurt's Q and A.

I was the guy who asked him about his experience working with Ridley Scott and filming the scene where the Alien bursts out of his chest.

Cool, I was going to ask something about that too but his very detailed answer to your question kinda stole my thunder but in a good way.

There were some interesting questions though so little time to cover such an amazing body of work he's been involved in.

Thoroughly enjoyable to meet, very understated and humble... it really struck me when he said it was a pleasure to sign the "making of" book for Alien that I'd asked him to sign for my brother.

A class act. Thanks Showmasters!

yes,i will definitely second those comments.

john hurt was the highlight of the event for me,a real pleasure.

he was busy all day,but made time for everyone and was very friendly.and i thought the talk he gave was one of the best i have ever been to at a con.he was extremely articulate,and gave lots of interesting and informative anecdotes about his films and his life as an actor,so unlike many who give talks at events,but always give the impression they would rather be somewhere else,and give pat answers to questions and make no effort.he was very relaxed and not atall starry.

i also liked the fact,that he seemed to really enjoy being there and meeting the fans.

so pleased to have met him.

nice one john....come back again!! :YAHOO:

He called me sweetheart...twice. {swoon}

But seriously... after being a John Hurt fan for over 35 years (I first saw him in a 1972 film called Mr Forbush and Penguins) he was the reason I came to the show. He's an icon, a legend... and he had a queue for autos all day long (I think his price very very reasonable considering his stature!) and deservedly so.

He was also a gentlemen all day... nice chats at table & during photos, great personalisations and table photos too... until later in the day (fair enough as he is over 70!). His talk was wonderful and the fact that he said thanks to everyone, that he had really enjoyed his day, showed what a pro (and nice man!) he is.

Love him... always have... always will.

I was working at the show all day and managed to get my John Hurt auto first thing and he was very pleasant and chatty, he shook my hand and allowed a picture to be taken. A true gentleman.

He seemed genuinely pleased to be there and put me in a good mood for what was going to a hard day of work.

As the day progressed his queue didnt let up at all and whenever I looked over he was still happily signing away and chatting despite it being a bit of a warm and sticky day. Every single person I spoke to during the day about John Hurt said the same positive things.

In a nutshell, John showed how it should be done. No ego, no stroppiness, no "looking like he didnt want to be there" , he was a true professional and an example to all.

Thanks to Showmasters for getting such a top guest along. And also can I say a big thanks to the very helpful crew who were with John Hurt.

In a nutshell, John showed how it should be done. No ego, no stroppiness, no "looking like he didnt want to be there" , he was a true professional and an example to all.

Agree totally with this, and everyones comments on here.

A true legend who was so wonderful to meet.

I think we'd all like him to be at every show lol.

Let's hope he can be back again very soon.

I'd certainly meet him at every future show he was at, and I hope he can do a talk again next time. One of the best talks I've ever been at.