Advice for a new boy...

Hey, it's going to be my first time to LFCC, so i was wondering if there's any rights of passage, rituals or things everyone feels you've got to do to really be a part of it?

I kind of get the convention itself it's more the other things around it, best bars everyone goes to, partys, things like that....

There isn't really a right and wrong thing to do!!

Good thing to do it (which I have found helped us!)...get to know people first, (us lot, not the guests!), if you have never been to these things before (like me last year!), you don't know anyone, so I would say get on Facebook, find me alison blake (alisonloub) and add me then keeping adding away, your get to know some faces and then when you get to LFCC you will have some faces to reconize!.

Also, someone once said to me, look on IMDB for guests you want to meet, so you can get some idea what they are up to now and you will have something to say when you meet them.

Have plenty of money!

Cosplay if you wish!! (hopefully we will be cosplaying at LFCC 12!)

Most of all

Enjoy!

Welcome!

Ali xx

i would say have a blast, everyone is friendly, a bit mad and dont worry if you go a bit fangirl/boy when you see your fave guest we all do it!! eddie mcclintock gave me a hug so i would calm down enough to speak properly, but hey it happens.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I would certainly discourage anyone from going up to guests and asking for free photos. I know it's nice if you can't afford to meet everyone, but I certainly wouldn't want anyone getting the wrong idea that this is possible a lot. It's not.

• 2 weeks later...

Save up plenty of money, there will be loads of great guests that you want to meet, photo shoots are fantastic and there are always loads of great items on the dealer tables.

You can never have to much money for these shows.

Most important is just have fun.

Fon

• 3 weeks later...
with asking for photos from guests if it says you can do it (so no post behind them), it is always ok to ask and if they say alright then go for it . also if you see other people doing it you know it should be ok to ask.
Not always. See the reply from DavidB six posts above yours.

• 4 weeks later...