football fan or movie geek?

is it one of those strange anomalies of life,that you either love movies OR you love football but not both? i know there are exceptions,but do most film fans feel that way?

i am a movie fan as far back as i can remember,but never had any interest in football,despite having brothers and my dad who were mad on it.to this day i have never been to a football match and have no desire to.each to their own i suppose,but its funny that these two interests seem rarely to mix.i know lots of footie fans...none like sci-fi......and vice versa.

i wonder if the sportsmania fans only go to cons to meet the sports stars and give the actors a miss? i must say,i have given the sports lot a wide berth,but did get a couple of autographs for friends/family; sir stirling moss,lester piggot(for my dad!) and on one occasion,i did meet the late henry cooper...because i like boxing.

come to think of it,i dont recall ever seeing someone wearing a football shirt at a convention....lol

I agree with David (for once :P) - I'm a huge fan of both movies and football (I'm a Wolves fan ;) ), and I know quite a few people who are also into both :uhoh:

Edited by Laurenx

I am an Arsenal fan (red level member) and I love Sci-fi movies.

I will be @ both LFCC & Sportsmaina

I have also seen quite a few people wearing football tops.

Same here and my mate is a season ticket holder too and watches more films than I do. Often have chats with the people around him about films. More interesting than some of the games we've been to last season :)

To be fair I'm yet to convince anyone to join me at LFCC or CM etc and consider me more of the geek for going on my own. My brother has joined me in MK a few times and enjoyed it but he supports Liverpool so has always been a bit weird anyway.

I dont see there's any divide. Why can't you enjoy both?

Edited by Rockstar6662

Same here and my mate is a season ticket holder too and watches more films than I do. Often have chats with the people around him about films. More interesting than some of the games we've been to last season :)

Some people only relate football to yobs :uhoh: - I am far from that

As a Liverpool fan, I have to say I love both. Though I've never been to a match (coz of money), and movies are cheaper, I see more movies, and watch the Liverpool boys on tv. :uhoh:

Exactly the same as you! I'm also a Liverpool fan. Not been able to get to see them yet as I don't live too near really. Have been to plenty of other matches and even seen England at Wembley. Also LOVE my movies so I don't think there is any segrigation between the two interests really and this is the first I've heard it suggested.

Some people only relate football to yobs :uhoh: - I am far from that

I've seen more obnoxious and yobbish people in a cinema on occasion than at a football game. There were a few interesting exchanges last season when we started throwing away games though Arsenal are not exactly a focus for problems. Some visiting fans did cause problems but I've always felt perfectly safe.

As a Liverpool fan, I have to say I love both. Though I've never been to a match (coz of money), and movies are cheaper, I see more movies, and watch the Liverpool boys on tv. ;)

Exactly the same as you! I'm also a Liverpool fan. Not been able to get to see them yet as I don't live too near really. Have been to plenty of other matches and even seen England at Wembley. Also LOVE my movies so I don't think there is any segrigation between the two interests really and this is the first I've heard it suggested.

You've got great taste ;):D

I'm into both ... at the fear of being mocked here, I am a Bristol Rovers Supporter, gotta support the locals ;)

But I love both *ponders wearing my kick at the convention*

Nothing wrong with Bristol Rovers, they're good ;) Though I will stick with my love for Liverpool :D

our family haves a bit of all flavours:

dad loves football

brother and me love film

other brother loves both

mom and sister not too bothered about both

One thing we all have in common though, we ALL LOVE BOOKS! :D

I'm into both ... at the fear of being mocked here, I am a Bristol Rovers Supporter, gotta support the locals :lol:

Nothing wrong with Bristol Rovers, they're good :lol: Though I will stick with my love for Liverpool ;)

The sheer mocking I have gotten over the last 20 odd years over it... it's quite shocking ;):D

I'm into both ... at the fear of being mocked here, I am a Bristol Rovers Supporter, gotta support the locals :lol:

Nothing wrong with Bristol Rovers, they're good ;) Though I will stick with my love for Liverpool :lol:

The sheer mocking I have gotten over the last 20 odd years over it... it's quite shocking ;):D

:D;)

As a Liverpool fan, I have to say I love both. Though I've never been to a match (coz of money), and movies are cheaper, I see more movies, and watch the Liverpool boys on tv. :D

liverpool rules!!!!! there is only bout 3 footballers id pay for and thats fowler, mcmanaman and redknapp... i dont like paying for there autographes at these event when is so easy to get there autographes for free at games!!!!!

also i love both lol

I'm into both ... at the fear of being mocked here, I am a Bristol Rovers Supporter, gotta support the locals :D

I would never mock anyone who supports their local team. Fair play to you. :unsure: