important message from Showmasters

showmasters

Just a thought. Some of the guests are already being re-scheduled ( :YAHOO: ). They are currently being announced for LFCC and CM17. Now imagine if we had less events, i.e. either LFCC or CM17 not both of them as they are failry close to each other on the calendar. Chances are that some of these guests would not be able to make the remaining event. It could be a much longer wait until we see them.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

i feel that i do need to say something to the people trying to understand why this has happened

on important issues that came up back in October was that i was seriously assaulted , it was an unprovoked attack where i sustained nose broken in four place and facial injuries for 5 weeks i was unable to think or work properly and up till the end of Dec early Jan i still had some issues with my health , i have had to pop into hospital from time to time , i am much better now but still suffering a bit still , but i am now able to get on with the work load that is involved in putting together the guest list , so now you know and now you will see this is one major reason i have not been able to make this event happen , so i do not for see this happening again in a hurry , and to fix it i need some catch up time , so as we can all get the offers that need to go out and start to book the next lot of guests for all the shows , and as you can see they are all coming in now , but it was a little late for this event .

so i do not see us failing again and i do see great things ahead of us , i hope you do trust up to be up front with you all , as you only have to look at our record in the past , we have had more big guests than any other shows in the world and that will continue for many years to come .

things happen and we fix them and move on , we keep improving what we do and we keep learning how to make your time with us better , no one here thought i would be out of play for so long or that it would take me so long to recover , but i am there now ready to get on with what we love doing .

in the past we have looked after you and cared for you and put on some great events , we feel the next few shows will show you all we are back 100% .

we thank you for understanding and all the kind words some of you have said , and we look forward to showing you what we have installed for the first big show we have in 2011 in May at MK

sincerely

Jason :YAHOO:

Edited by showmasters

Jason

I got quite vocal earlier I admit, but it is only because I was disappointed in not having an event to go to. I hope I got it across that I will continue to attend the events , as I know what SM are capable of.

I can be a bit too blunt and was recently told at my yearly review at work, that even my emails I send to management can be a bit too confrontational and can/have annoyed people.

This was not my intention, and will still visit London that weekend as everything is paid for anyway.It's just that Friends and I have so much on this year, between events / cons etc, that by the time you factor in hotel costs/ train tickets/ entry ticket / con tickets/ autograph money/ photoshoot money as well as other commitments. We are planning so far ahead, that every penny counts. So given this cancellation, we just felt we could have saved money for a future event or whatever. But we are making the best of it by going to London anyway.

Indeed, I've actually already booked non refundable hotel rooms for CM Glasgow !!

Hope that you're on the mend now ( he says not really knowing what to say after previous posts in this thread )

Edited by gebes

i feel that i do need to say something to the people saying there are too many events a year

now i did not want to go into all this but it seems i have to explain everything till everyone knows everything to be able to understand why things happen so one of the issues i have had were i have not had the time to work on guests is this

back in October i was seriously assaulted , it was an unprovoked attack where i sustained nose broken in four place and facial injuries for 5 weeks i was unable to think or work properly and up till the end of Dec early Jan i still had some issues with my health , i have had to pop into hospital from time to time , i am much better now but still suffering a bit still , but i am now able to get on with the work load that is involved in putting together the guest list , so now you know and now you will see this is one major reason i have not been able to make this event happen , so i do not for see this happening again in a hurry , and to fix it i need some catch up time , so as we can all get the offers that need to go out and start to book the next lot of guests for all the shows , and as you can see they are all coming in now , but it was a little late for this event .

so i do not see us failing again and i do see great things ahead of us , i hope you do trust up to be up front with you all , as you only have to look at our record in the past , we have had more big guests than any other shows in the world and that will continue for many years to come .

things happen and we fix them and move on , we keep improving what we do and we keep learning how to make your time with us better , no one here thought i would be out of play for so long or that it would take me so long to recover , but i am there now ready to get on with what we love doing .

in the past we have looked after you and cared for you and put on some great events , we feel the next few shows will show you all we are back 100% .

we thank you for understanding and all the kind words some of you have said , and we look forward to showing you what we have installed for the first big show we have in 2011 in May at MK

sincerely

Jason :YAHOO:

Awful to hear those circumstances Jason; I hope you're on the mend, as that is more important than organising these weekends. Looking forward to the shows in the summer.

when you look back over the guest list for older shows, isnt it also true that some of the bigger headline guests were possibly only fledgling actors then and are now the A-listers?

I love that you get to meet actors and actresses at the start of their careers and in five years time, we will be looking back and saying, wow, 2011,cant believe SM got those, those were the days.

I think we all look back on "times gone by" fondly (Blimey I sound old! lol) :YAHOO:

I do believe that the number of attendees for the shows is larger now than then, (not that i know actual attendee numbers or anything), I cant see how SM could go back to fewer events. However, It feels more spacious at the cons due to the increased venue size, but give it a year or so and I imagine that those cons in the new larger venues will also feel packed again.

Edited by Rhianydd

back in October i was seriously assaulted , it was an unprovoked attack where i sustained nose broken in four place and facial injuries

That's quite shocking, especially the prolonged effects. I wish you a full recovery and no lasting problems. I also wish that the perpetrator gets a nice long stay at Her Majesty's pleasure, but I fear that may be too much to wish for.

I know I've missed Peter Weller, who apparently has said actors should do at least one signing event, and has declined other invites. Sean Astin hasn't been back. Joe Pantialano (sp) from the matrix. There's 3 all before I knew of the events. I could prob name more.

oh no!! say it aint so!! :D

here we were getting all excited at the prospect of the years first event with all those great guests..........

this is a real bummer....i had so many i wanted to meet at that event.

please tell me walter koenig will now be at the milton keynes event?? i am looking for a silver lining to this cloud! :YAHOO:

I wish you a speedy recovery and give you my best wishes.

There is no excuse for such thuggery and brutal aggression. I hope that the Law is fully persuing this person who thinks that violence is in any way justifiable. I am most shocked that anyone could even think of doing this to another person so savagely. It really does display this person's character when the only way they can communicate is through violence. :thumbup:

Words cannot even begin to describe my disgust for this person capable of subjecting another person to this ordeal.

I hope as others have stated that this person gets their due and is held accountable.

First of all I'm sorry to hear of your assault the state of this country disgusts me sometimes with the feral yobs creating havoc and getting away with it. I truly hope they feel the full extent of the law but know 1st hand how often they walk away with a slap on the wrist.

My point I'd like to raise though is if Jason is not able to commit to a show again nearer the time for whatever reason could this happen again?

Again I am totally with showmasters, I have a better understanding of the reasons now but still disappointed.

• Moderators

My point I'd like to raise though is if Jason is not able to commit to a show again nearer the time for whatever reason could this happen again?

I don't really think anyone wants to think that what has happened to Jason recently will happen again, so I don't think that's something that needs to be discussed.

I don't really think anyone wants to think that what has happened to Jason recently will happen again, so I don't think that's something that needs to be discussed.

I'm sure he means guests pulling out without replacements lined up or the side effects, rather than a repeat of the crime itself. Some people get years to over things - anxieties, depression, are all too common. Still as Jason is (whilst not comfortable about it) prepared to talk about it on an open forum, means he must have passed that corner.

Such things can take longer to linger and manifest than visible scars. After all this become more of an issue in December, and Jason's incident was in October.

• Moderators

I'm sure he means guests pulling out without replacements lined up or the side effects, rather than a repeat of the crime itself. Some people get years to over things - anxieties, depression, are all too common. Still as Jason is (whilst not comfortable about it) prepared to talk about it on an open forum, means he must have passed that corner.

Such things can take longer to linger and manifest than visible scars. After all this become more of an issue in December, and Jason's incident was in October.

The point is that it isn't just about guests pulling out. Everything needs to be taken in context, and as such, everyone no doubt hopes that any personal issues would not be repeated in the future.

• Showmasters Admin

Thepurplehoodedwarrior and Terrahawk,

I understand what you’re saying and this cancellation has brought to light some issues that are going to be addressed internally so that they don’t affect shows if they should occur again in the future.

This is an internal conversation being had within SM and not something that is going to be discussed on a public forum.

Thanks,

Stuart.

I understand what you’re saying and this cancellation has brought to light some issues that are going to be addressed internally so that they don’t affect shows if they should occur again in the future.

This is an internal conversation being had within SM and not something that is going to be discussed on a public forum.

Thanks,

Stuart.

I have only crewed one event, but attended many and enjoyed myself every single time so would just like to add that if there is anything I can do to help, say website stuff, to take the strain off another person while things are being sorted out, then I am more than happy to do so, all you have to do is ask :).

I wish Jason a speedy recovery, I don't know how these people can live with themselves knowing what they have done!

I will still continue to attend as many events as I can, I am fortunate enough that I like driving so the non refundable stuff does not bother me with Milton Keynes, Northampton and Birmingham all being under a 2 hour drive away.

I understand what you’re saying

I don't think you - or what I was meaning to say at least. I was merely saying I don't think the other poster was expecting a repeat of the incident, just voicing that the other consequences could get in the way again.

I was not saying I considered it a concern myself.

I understand what you’re saying

I don't think you - or what I was meaning to say at least. I was merely saying I don't think the other poster was expecting a repeat of the incident, just voicing that the other consequences could get in the way again.

I was not saying I considered it a concern myself.

Yeah what I meant was obviously Jason is incredibly important to the running of these shows as this incident arised it affected this show and hopefully doesn't have to go through anything like this again. I meant other incidents like accidents or bereavements nearer a show could this happen again( hopefully they wont). My point Being it's another example of biting of more than you can chew with no back up plan. Hopefully lessons are learnt and I'll be looking forward to LFCC.

John Barrowman (no idea about worldwide but huge in the UK currently)

Pin Trading in Disneyland, Anaheim, California.

One of my friends asks me "Who was at your last conventions again?"

I start running down the names. Reach John Barrowman. Four women within earshot start squealing at the same time: "OMG YOU'VE MET JOHN BARROWMAN?!"

So much for worldwide. :WINCE:

good list 1of2

and

Carl Weathers

Cary Elwes

Nigel Planer

Miriam Margoyles

Kate Mulgrew

Robert Englund (I only met him for the first time in 09)

Tom Baker

Misha Collins

Michael Shanks

Chris Judge

David Hewlett

and for me, the Stargate/Star Wars/Red Dwarf guests are just awesome!

just depends who the big guests were for you personally.

Before I found SM/ME, I would never have dreamt of meeting people from my favourite films/TV shows :WINCE:

and for me, the Stargate/Star Wars/Red Dwarf guests are just awesome!
I had to stope myself from listing everyone I have met from those shows.

Of course a special mention for Jewel Staite :WINCE:

Also to consider are the likes of Stephen Hendry, Ray Reardon, Eric Bristow, members of the England '66 team. Probably not the busiest of guests but all champions of their respective professions.

Hi

Jason

I know you probably heard this a 1000 times but when will we be refunded for our entrey fees and could you please confirm if David Warner and Lisa Marie will be at collectormania or LFCC if their contracts have been sorted out, I want to know about this incase they have droped out, if so how do I get a refund for my photo shoots. Also if they are at collectormania I can only make the sunday so hoping that my photo shoot tickets will be alllowed on that day because they were originally meant for saturday as the London convention is easier for me to get to on both days, thanks.