important message from Showmasters

showmasters

• Moderators

Guests are already being re-announced for other events, so you'll just have to keep an eye on them there.

Refunds will be done as soon as possible.

Hi

Jason

I know you probably heard this a 1000 times but when will we be refunded for our entrey fees and could you please confirm if David Warner and Lisa Marie will be at collectormania or LFCC if their contracts have been sorted out, I want to know about this incase they have droped out, if so how do I get a refund for my photo shoots. Also if they are at collectormania I can only make the sunday so hoping that my photo shoot tickets will be alllowed on that day because they were originally meant for saturday as the London convention is easier for me to get to on both days, thanks.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutted this event has had to be cancelled but if it was looking like the show was going to be of poor quality then it was probably best to cancel it now rather then closer to the date.

Just a small suggestion to any sports fans who where going to London for the show and have already booked non-refundable trains/flights/hotels etc… The NBA are playing 2 games at the O2 Arena over the weekend the show was planned for and there are still some tickets left.

Now I know its not what you had booked your travel and accommodation for but it does show that there are other things to do/see in London so it doesn’t have to be a complete waste of a trip.

Hope SM has better luck with future events.

Edited by 18blue78

Im shocked to here that Jasons injuries were still giving him some issues untill recently. (if its from the incident im thinking of). It looked terrible, i had no idea it was THAT bad :WINCE:

Hope everything gets sorted for you soon Jason. :)

Shame about this, but I trust you all that this is best for the year's events as a whole. Like Rhianydd, it just con withdrawal I'm suffering with. :lol:

Hope everything settles down for Jason and the team soon, sorry to hear about that awful October incident. :D

Right..im home, so its my turn now!

Have read through this thread, all I seem to see is three 'sides/factions':

The ones who are all "oh never mind, there will be more events" who funnily dont seem to have lost large amounts of money yet again.

The understandibly angry people, and then the moderators going on the defensive..

Personally, im annoyed that the events been cancelled. When I heard on the weekend, I was furious. :chair:

To attempt to make the weekend as cost effective as possible as was planning to spend so much on autos and photos, after discussing with friends about hotels, we agreed to book the hilton as it seemed the best option AND you could use tesco vouchers to pay for it..so, I used a years worth of vouchers to book a room. Only thing is, once you exchange them for hilton vouchers, their non-refundable. So it was a case of do I book the hotel for the EMS, or C17..I chose EMS as finances would be worse off for that one. £330 the room costs, and while the room itself can be cancelled, the vouchers used cannot and are now 'used', so its not like I could use them for C17 now instead. Also, myself and the people staying with me all booked transport early, again to get the best prices. Now its all a waste of time.

Oh we're still going to london for the weekend dont get me wrong, but only because everything except food has now been paid, and time off work booked for, otherwise we would not be paying out for just a random weekend in London with nothing (free) to do 'just because'! There are just too many weekends needed away that need fitting in all over the place, without random weekends away getting in the way also. :unsure:

This waste of money/a weekend however though means we're in less of a position to book for future events as early, but as this is PERSONALLY the second time in THREE MONTHS that ive lost money on a cancelled/postponed event because of non refundable hotels and transport (not to mention the events ive not been attending -almost commited to autographica just before that was cancelled!), I now no longer have the confidence too book up front again for fear of this repeating itself yet again, once bitten twice shy and all that. This means im going to have to pay more for each event, meaning less money available, meaning spending less at the events themselves! And I know im not the only one who has this opinion at the moment. :WINCE:

So three of the bigger guests could no longer attend..so? What happened to one persons big guest is another persons 'minnow' guest etc? There were still loads of others.

Sorry to hear Jason was attacked and hurt badly, but does this mean only he is responsible for guests and the like, and while he was ill/having to take time out, no-one else could have worked on things?

It just seems stupid to cancel everything and everyone with only a matter of weeks remaningm hitting the early bookers again.

One of the things ive heard is venue problems. Is there no-where else? (THough yes I will admit, probably not this close to the dates).

But anyway, all thats been moaned to death already, no-ones going to get anywhere with any of it, people probably arent going to change their opinions either way, and I expect things will continue for a while longer yet. Lets just leave it at personally, im annoyed at the cancellation of an entire event.:jason:

Anyway, Im just hoping ALL, or at least the vast majority of guests can be rebooked for the other events, but EMS had how many people announced? I know there was quite a lot, but with lfcc and c17 having probably comparable numbers, it seems unless no-one new is announced for them, if everyone else is spread out, I feel some will possibly have to miss out.

Take Miranda Raison and Shauna McDonald for example, two guests I was really hoping to meet and spend a fortune on. I cant help but think we possibly wont see them announced again as I just get that feeling, and considering how rarely spooks guests (as an example) seem to show up on the circuit for whatever reason.

So thats another thing that annoys me a bit is the thought that some guests may not get reannounced now.

Think thats what I have to say on that, now I shall quote :poki: :

Can't ya'll that booked non-refundable hotels just go have a weekend in it anyway?

At least you'd be doing something lmao.

Yes people can, but unless your loaded with cash, why would people be happy to have paid out for hotel/transport etc just to have a 'random weekend' away.

Such as myself personally, ive already had to pay out for things, and while I will still be going 'just for the hell of it', it'll prob cost me another £50-100 after food, london transport, doing whatever during the day and evening etc. Personally, id have rather saved that money to spend at C17 or something a few months later. Others will feel the same. It still costs more to 'just go anyway' but people such as yourself dont seem to think about that.

Do you not think for a second that the majority of us actually pay to attend the events etc too?

I don't mean that in a rude way, but seriously, no matter how much we may moderate on here we do have personal opinions based on the fact that we are paying out our hard-earned money just like everyone else here.

We don't get everything for free! :smile:

But if you crew, and I know you do on occasions :poki: , you get paid for it..so technically its not costing you as much, if anything, as you'll be getting money back!

I know someone who crews just so they dont have to pay for hotels, and can use the money they earn crewing to pay for their autos, effectivly getting things free or very dirt cheap! :poki:

I'm not including the ME events. For me they are a completely different tv/film specific convention and I don't think can be included with the more general signing events in this discussion about number of events.

But the ME shows are completely different, so in that respect, I think you have to think of SM and ME as two different companies. Thats how I see it. I absolutely love the big signing shows, but the weekend cons are fab too.

I personally include them in 'the list' of events..Jason and the SM heirarchy have such a part in organising the ME cons (with others of course), that I include them as while the head people are arranging the cons, then surely they have to be diverting at least a little attention from the signings, especially when you consider that every time a ME con is on, and someone has any queries about the signings, we get told theres no-one around as their all dealing with the cons, wait until after the weekend!

If you've read this far..have a cookie! ;)

And Jason, hope your feeling better :)

Edited by showmasters

All entry tickets are going to be refunded automatically. Less complicated that way.

David can I just say - I love your signature!! Team Linus till the end and would DIE if I met the beautiful Mr Emerson! God *siiiighs* maybe one day....

Your signature has made me smile :unsure:

:chair: we can die together .. I don't hold much hope but who knows :WINCE:

Hope is all we have, for destiny is a fickle b*tch.

If we get him one day, I'll share a mango with you in elation.

• Moderators

But if you crew, and I know you do on occasions :unsure: , you get paid for it..so technically its not costing you as much, if anything, as you'll be getting money back!

I know someone who crews just so they dont have to pay for hotels, and can use the money they earn crewing to pay for their autos, effectivly getting things free or very dirt cheap! :chair:

I haven't crewed since my father passed away, so around early 2009, and that was only ever signing events. I've never once crewed a Massive Events convention. And really I don't see what that's got to do with anything.

But if you crew, and I know you do on occasions :unsure: , you get paid for it..so technically its not costing you as much, if anything, as you'll be getting money back!

I know someone who crews just so they dont have to pay for hotels, and can use the money they earn crewing to pay for their autos, effectivly getting things free or very dirt cheap! :chair:

I haven't crewed since my father passed away, so around early 2009, and that was only ever signing events. I've never once crewed a Massive Events convention. And really I don't see what that's got to do with anything.

I was just using you as an example as ive seen you crew in the past, after you implying crew and the like are all as hard up as everyone else at events, despite what people who do crew get, at least thats the impression that I got from the post I quoted.

Apologies for any offence caused.

Edited by crippsy_99

Just an idea..... But would travel insurance cover things like this? Maybe that would solve some people problems if they book non refundable travel and rooms..... When I got mine I paid £54 years insurance when I went ny, including uk breaks..... Maybe that's worth it?

NOT A ATTACK is just a question.......

Just an idea..... But would travel insurance cover things like this? Maybe that would solve some people problems if they book non refundable travel and rooms..... When I got mine I paid £54 years insurance when I went ny, including uk breaks..... Maybe that's worth it?

Generally no..most of those travel insurance and things only tend to cover things like natural disasters/strikes/illness/alien invasions and the type.

Simply changing your mind and not wanting to go (which this would class as) would not count, as its your choice so tough basically. You booked trains and hotel etc for whatever reason..as far as their concerned, so what if the event your attending gets cancelled, they wont pay out just because you change your mind.

Also, this is often why the cheaper options are non-refundable, as its part of the catch for paying that price.

The crewing comment is a tricky one Crippsy, for me, what we get back from crewing doesnt usually cover our petrol and the extra hotel we have to book the night before the show cos it is too far to travel on the morning of the show. Thats not why we crew though. But thats a by the by, you already apologised to David, I just thought I would explain.

Have read through this thread, all I seem to see is three 'sides/factions':

The ones who are all "oh never mind, there will be more events" who funnily dont seem to have lost large amounts of money yet again.

The understandibly angry people, and then the moderators going on the defensive..

I have lost considerable money attempting to come to this show. If we have to compare, firstly because this was my first venture to London I lost out on a third party trusted recommendation for an inadequate hotel costing several hundreds of pounds then transferring to a more adequate one that took quite few hundred more. Then my air travel down and taking into account the excursion to this second hotel all in all slightly over a thousand pounds. I am obviously in the category of the 'oh never mind' group unless we can make a new category of ' disappointed but trying to be positive as negativity just makes you feel more miserable'

The vouchers you are referring to I'm not entirely sure of, but assume it is those clubcard points that you can transfer and exchange to vouchers? It's such a shame if thats the case, a year is a long time to save up and then be disappointed.

I'm sure you will have a great time in London, just like me and make the most of a disappointment.... Just like me.

But to state thats the ones who say 'oh never mind' are the ones who have not lost a considerable amount is simply untrue.

• Showmasters Admin

ok i have gone though all the posts on here and really feel this thread has been hijacked by the to many events guys , so i am going to start up a thread for you guys to make your point and if you want to argue it out in there till you all feel that you have said what you want to say .

i am going to clean up this thread so people wanting to understand why this event has been cancelled can with out having to go though all this stuff .

i think then we will call it a day on this point hijacking other threads in the future :chair:

jason :unsure:

• Showmasters Admin

Hi Jason I was just wondering if we could keep the entrance tickets for this event for LFCC as Collectormania is free still, or if its not free could we have the entrance tickets for this event.

Collectormania is a free event and stays that way

we are working thought all the entrance tickets and will be refunded as soon as posable , there is quite a few of them but we are getting though them , photo ops tickets will have to be posted back if they are not wanted at the event were the guest has been rescheduled to , most guests are going to be able to attend one or the other of the up and coming events most will be coming in May or July and we will have the info on this over the next few days, we have some going up tonight as well :WAVE:

hope this is of help

jason :WINCE:

Take Miranda Raison and Shauna McDonald for example, two guests I was really hoping to meet and spend a fortune on. I cant help but think we possibly wont see them announced again as I just get that feeling, and considering how rarely spooks guests (as an example) seem to show up on the circuit for whatever reason.

Shauna's already been reannounced as a CM:MK guest :D But I can't go :WAVE::WAVE:

Just caught up on the posts since I was last in this thread and wanted to say that I'm sorry to hear about your assault, Jason and hope you make a full recovery soon. Not that I didn't understand about personal issues being important before (and some things, like illness, can be unavoidable), but that was just shocking and unnecessary. Hope the police can prosecute the person(s) who did this.