next guest coming soon

showmasters

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a big guest is announced then I am sure the rest of the tickets will sell.

I'm sure they've not thought of getting a big guest :blush:

I think you may have misunderstood me

I think it's more like David has "old-timer/mod fatigue". Once you have read these forums for several years, you realise that every time there's some anxiety about ticket sales, and even quite frequently not, but just in general discussion, somebody will say "they would sell a lot more tickets if they got a really big guest." And in some cases (but not this, I would hasten to add) it's conveyed in a way that makes it look like the poster believes they're revealing the secret to eternal youth or the gateway to Atlantis (or at the very least, a gem of business acumen so impressive and unknown as to guarantee they'll win next series of The Apprentice and have all five money-wallahs on Dragon's Den throwing money at them hand over fist).

There is of course more to it than just "getting a really big guest" - financial considerations aside, getting a huge guest is probably usually somewhat of a complex deal, whereas some people make it sound as simple as the weekly shopping.

So, after seeing that for the umpteenth time in his life, I think David's usual straight-batted approach crumbled slightly and he allowed himself a mildly sarcastic remark, albeit in good humour.

Maybe there should be something in every event forum FAQ.

"Yes, having a really big guest is very likely to sell more tickets. We know. Really.

But there is more to it than that. Believe us. Please.

Without even going into the whole financial aspects, it's not just a case of pulling 'Guest, Large' off the shelf, or getting a four-pint container of milk from the supermarket.

But thanks for thinking of us."

Of course, getting people to read the FAQ...

Like others have suggested, I think lots of people have been put off by the stream of cancellations for ET4, particularly Peter's, albeit Massive Events didn't have any control over the cancellations and it was just bad luck that there were so many.

I do try and spread the word on the events, people seem interested but always say they won't pay the money for a ticket unless there is a big guest.

I am worried that all of us who are supporting the event won't get a big guest (if they are available) due to lack of funds resulting from lower than expected ticket sales. Massive Events did say that the conventions were going to get bigger and better and that they would really try and get us a big guest, I kinda feel like we are being told that we won't get a bigger guest if we don't get the word out to sell tickets.

Is it worth thinking about moving these events back to The Park Inn in the future, given the ticket sales? That said, if a Cullen was announced I for one feel the tickets would sell out but it's not that simple unfortunately.

I am grateful that you guys run these cons but I feel like our chances of getting a Cullen are quite small now. I for one would prefer a con with 4 guests if it included 1 bigger guest, not sure how everyone else feels?

Given the current economic climate, it may just be that people can't afford to attend. I feel the ticket prices are very reasonable and represent good value for money but travel and hotel costs add up and that puts people off also. If I win the lottery tomorrow, I will buy all of the remaining tickets then can we have a Cullen please? :blush:

I am worried that all of us who are supporting the event won't get a big guest (if they are available) due to lack of funds resulting from lower than expected ticket sales. Massive Events did say that the conventions were going to get bigger and better and that they would really try and get us a big guest, I kinda feel like we are being told that we won't get a bigger guest if we don't get the word out to sell tickets.

Yeah i feel the same way this will be my 4th ET and so i try hard to save up for these events coz i love them! but i'm just worried that if this is the case then we won't get a big guest so it seems a little unfair for those of us that have supported these events.

I don't mean to sound whiney it's just that i really don't want this to be the case and hope that more tickets get sold so that we have a good chance of getting a big guest! :P

Please please dont think of it as ME saying

If you dont help us sell, we wont go booking bigger guests,

They are just being honest with us (yes us, I started with ME by going to LFCC 09 and ET Proms), which to be honest, I am glad.

Rather than not keeping us informed of the lower ticket sales, they are letting us know. Its not bribery or blackmail, just information.

This means that we can shamelessly plug on facebook/other websites/forums etc to help get the word out. :D

We have in the past, remember emailing all those websites?

They already pay for the magazine adverts etc but we can reach people that might not see that stuff.

I hope that they are able to continue ET for a long time, as there are fantastic attendees that go and each time you meet someone else and get chatting. :D

Have to admit after being disappointed with the cancellations last time I've been waiting until the last possible moment to get my ticket but get paid next week so will buy then x

yes, cancellations can be disappointing :( But they try to bring them to a future con instead. Always difficult if people have bought tickets for specific guests (not implying you have or anything), because if they get another acting job at the same time, then yes, people do miss out, but then its good because you see them on the TV/films for something else too :D

I'm glad they were able to re-book Alex and Jodelle for this one. Alex was really entertaining at LFCC, and Jodelle is a very talented actresses. Likewise with Daniel actually, it would be great to see him at a bigger crowd and now that more filming has been done, he was such a nice guy at Proms. Plus, Mike has been in Stargate :D and since we have Richard Dean Anderson for Chevron :P:D that will be awesome :D

I haven't been to any ET event but having attended a lot of the other ME events I will say that the guest status (i.e. being part of the main, supporting, or guest cast) has repeatedly proven to be irrelevant for me. They have all provided me with great entertainment.

Whatever the final lineup I am sure a good time will be had by most if not all :P

Edited by 1of2

TBF if I cared about Twilight this would be the best line up for a while, "big" guests aren't the bee all and end all imo lol the smaller one's always end up being the best

IMO

The only sure fire way of getting me there would be if CB was there (obv) that ain't happening but I do hope the event sells some more tickets!

Edited by Talie

But it's fine cos we all know ME are going to announce Billy Burke to keep me from crying :)

<-------- THIS! Yes PLEASE!

(I would also be VERY happy with Liz Reaser, PFach, Jackson, Ashley, Kellan, Anna...)

So very excited for the announcement, and can't wait to book for ET6

(PS... 30 days to go!!!!!!!)

Please please dont think of it as ME saying

If you dont help us sell, we wont go booking bigger guests,

They are just being honest with us (yes us, I started with ME by going to LFCC 09 and ET Proms), which to be honest, I am glad.

Rather than not keeping us informed of the lower ticket sales, they are letting us know. Its not bribery or blackmail, just information.

Thanks Rhi knew it wasn't anything like blackmail i was just a little worried! :YAHOO: I think this guest line up is really great and hope that more tickets get sold!! :D

Edited by Elyon Tinkerbell Cullen

*squeaks with excitement*

I don't mind who the guest is, I'm purely excited to have the experience of being there, meeting various guests who no matter how big or small they still help make Twilight what it is.

• Showmasters Admin

Can someone define 'soon'

i'm going stir crazy here! ;)

How long is a piece of string?

Negotiations take as long as they take. ME make an offer, guest comes back and asked for XYZ, ME goes back with a new deal, the guest MAY agree, they may NOT, so it goes on. In the end either a deal is done where both ME and the guest are happy and the contract is signed, or the deal falls through.

How quickly the guest and their agents get back to ME has a big effect on the time too. It could be that the guest is working away from home or on holiday and so it takes 2 or 3 days for their agent to get a reply, sometimes the guest will want to wait until they're back to go over the contract etc and so it can be a couple of weeks.

See piece of string.

It will be coming to the end of this process with at least one of the guests or the guys wouldn't have said "soon" but it's still not possible to say exactly how long.

But it'll be in the next 4 weeks ;)