Wristbands or Passes?

Kelsbells64

Which would you prefer?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Wristband or Pass or something else

• wristbands
    • passes
    • someth9ing else

On the Eternal con people are getting wristbands instead of passes is this going to be the same for the Hallowhedon con?

I do get the logic behind the wrist bands, that the money could be spent on something else for us but am hoping its just the eternal con this is happening to?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't vote but just give my thoughts. Personally I like the neck pass and am not a fan of wristbands. However if effectively a 'permanent' wristband will help combat the 'swapping of passes' etc (I didn't realise this went on?!) then I am all for it.

I have voted passes but purely based on the fact that all my other events bar one were passes and Id like them to be kept together as a souvenir. However, the wristbands we had at SFX were both simple, in view and didnt get in the way. It stopped people swapping passes, forgetting them and it was there, on your wrist all weekend. They were plastic so you could get them wet and were easy for the stewards to see when people were in queues etc. I also think if SM are giving out wristbands, this is to save money so I guess it makes sense.

I think passes myself. They're a better souvenir. Also, wrist bands tend to either be too loose or too tight when I put them on, lol! I would have thought the best option in the long run would be to just have photo passes for everyone or names on all badges.

• Moderators

Thankyou for that David but Im sure it will also be saving lots of cash too which maybe could be put into other areas which is great. I like the wristbands. I didnt realise there was a problem with pass swapping anyway.

Yes, there's definitely been a lot of problems with it in the past. You'd be surprised at the kinds of things that people try to get away with, and it's very unfortunate. It ruins things for everyone and forces system changes such as these.

I am already surprised! Also confused. I just can't see what would be gained by swapping your pass with someone. Yes, you could sit further forward in the talks if you swapped for a higher class pass but then the person who you swapped with couldn't and therefore would lose out. As for autos/photoshoots it would just mean you will go through at a different (I assume earlier) time. As everyone gets through anyway whats the point of swapping....:D

I must be a bit naive :D

if you swap you get your auto quicker, in a day instead of 2.
Why would 'you' want this though? I just don't understand why something like that would be important enough to warrant swapping a pass. Apart from one instance where a guest had to leave earlier than expected there has never been the possibility of someone not getting their autograph (or photo). There are two mornings, more than ample time, for this to happen. If 'you' are genuinely only attending one day then just speak to ME. I am sure they could sort something out to ensure that you got everything.

if you swap you get your auto quicker, in a day instead of 2.
Why would 'you' want this though? I just don't understand why something like that would be important enough to warrant swapping a pass. Apart from one instance where a guest had to leave earlier than expected there has never been the possibility of someone not getting their autograph (or photo). There are two mornings, more than ample time, for this to happen. If 'you' are genuinely only attending one day then just speak to ME. I am sure they could sort something out to ensure that you got everything.

I dont understand why you would want to do this either, I got my autos and photos over 2 days at Bitten and at last years HW and its never a problem. If you want to go in as Gold, buy a Gold ticket is the answer!!

If it's a one size fits all wristband they will probably be too big for my kids. The ones we've had at music festivals just slip over their hands.

They are usually sticky ones so you peel the back off and fit it to the size of your wrist. Other ones we had were poppers which you could take off so there was no point in them really. Lets see what happens and what we get. :)

Glad I'm not alone the hall of confusion

I will most likely pick at the wristband and fidget with it all weekend and it'll fall off and then terrible things will happen :-(
You won't be alone in that :chair: . I can barely tolerate a wristwatch!

I don't really understand why people would be swapping passes either!

I'd much rather have a pass than a wristband - I will most likely pick at the wristband and fidget with it all weekend and it'll fall off and then terrible things will happen :-(

Maybe for the free autograph or picture that silver/gold get?? I know at one event I won encounters and shared them with friends as i felt greedy having them all to myself. BUt staff said it was cool. (not massive event staff btw) so maybe for stuff like that???

I will pick and fidget like mad with it, i dont even wear jewellery for that reason.

Maybe for the free autograph or picture that silver/gold get??
I don't think that would work very well. As you collect the photo the pass is ticked off against the relevant ticket number on a list. So only the first person who takes the pass up will get a photo.

Edit: Forgot to say that everyone gets one free autograph regardless of if you are standard, silver, or gold.

Edited by 1of2

I've thought about it and I can think of one reason why people would want to swap passes. If you and your friend live nearby and are interested in different guests the pass could be used by one person one day and the other person the next. That's the only reason I can think of... It's a shame if people actually do it, because I think the passes looks nicer than wristbands. But I know what people are capable of. I was involved in an event in my hometown where we used ink marks on peoples hands for access, but then we heard that people got their ink mark and then before the ink had gotten dry they went and "marked" somebody else who then got a free access... So whatever precautions are taken some people always find their way around it...

I'm coming all the way from Sweden so I'll hang on to my pass, i'll be unconsious before I leave my pass to somebody else! :smile:

i would like to have a pass like last year, because i would like to collect them,too, like it was said here before.

i think we will never be save, there will always be someone breaking the rules and finding a way to do it. i´m afraid of getting problems if my wristband would be broken or lost. :smile:

I am already surprised! Also confused. I just can't see what would be gained by swapping your pass with someone. Yes, you could sit further forward in the talks if you swapped for a higher class pass but then the person who you swapped with couldn't and therefore would lose out.

Go in with gold pass, cheerily greeting staff on door, grab seat and fiddle with your stuff for a minute or two. Then remember you've left something in your room or you need to go to the loo, so exit room, possibly mentioning to staff that you've just got to pop out to get something. Once outside, hand pass to somebody else who goes and grabs a seat in the gold area. You re-enter a minute or two later, smiling at the staff, who having already seen your pass earlier and having numerous other people to deal with don't check yours. (Or you might even say you've been a klutz and left it on your seat). Bingo, 2 people in the gold area with one ticket. By the time it turns out that the last gold person hasn't got a seat in the gold area, it's a choice of either creating a seat for them, or checking all 300 or whatever gold passes (some of whom may quite innocently and genuinely have also popped out of the room).

Failing that, there's nothing to stop somebody registering early on a Saturday and knocking up reasonable facsimiles of their gold pass for their mates if they're really determined.