Latest guest announcement - DENIS LAWSON

showmasters

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure this thread would have thrown the board into overdrive had it not been for the other thread, still it is a great announcement, one I never expected to see.

But....

If is this is likely to be a one off, how about an X-Wing pilots reunion? Never be a another chance.

I'm sure this thread would have thrown the board into overdrive had it not been for the other thread, still it is a great announcement, one I never expected to see.

But....

If is this is likely to be a one off, how about an X-Wing pilots reunion? Never be a another chance.

I agree 100%! It would be great to get Hagon, Chapman and especially Drewe Henley out for a reunion!

But....

I agree 100%! It would be great to get Hagon, Chapman and especially Drewe Henley out for a reunion!

I agree as well. That would be great to get as many of them to the event as possible.

I'd also like Richard Le Parmentier as well at the event.

Nice one in getting Denis Lawson to come to the event, great job. He is a fantastic guest. It also still gives me hope that Frank Oz will one day fold like Denis and come to an event.

I think £25 is actually a more realistic expectation. The fact that he's super rare and has lines in all 3 films would probably justify that price as well. Especially when you consider that a number of lesser SW guests charge £15. I think I'm going to work on that assumption.

I think £25 is actually a more realistic expectation. The fact that he's super rare and has lines in all 3 films would probably justify that price as well. Especially when you consider that a number of lesser SW guests charge £15. I think I'm going to work on that assumption.

Wow i would be very surprised if he was that price! As far as i know only the very big guests are that expensive, the kind of Christopher LLoyd, Leonard Nimoy or William Shatner... I don't think Denis Lawson is in the same category but that wouldn't be the first time Showmasters surprises me lol... I would say it will be £15, or maybe £20 max. for its rarity

Of course if he's too high he'd know he'd continue to get asked at the stage door.

The limit per time is usually 5 or 6 for bigger VQ guests isn't it? I'd only have 1 or 2, but will be stuck behind everyone else wanting loads!

The limit is 5 if the VQ system is in operation.

And what you mentioned is just the reason why I expect it to be in operaton for Denis. :WAVE:

I'm impressed with the announcement but realistically think £15 should be the right auto price. He may be rare but surely any higher will see him priced out slightly.

agreed, although rare, he should not be more than billy dee or kenny, I think 25 plus would be taking the mic for someone who had only a few lines and although he has been in other stuff, nothing major.

He is a great guest, I will def want a photo shoot, but for both 15 sounds far more appropiate, if not a super rare guest then id say 10!

how much was shannen doherty? 25, no way should denis be the same or more than her (yes i know its different in many ways being a rare sw signer) but just my opinion, im sure other auto collectors think different

hope his photo isnt more than 15

(yes i know its different in many ways being a rare sw signer) but just my opinion, im sure other auto collectors think different

I would have classed him in the nigh on impossible bracket, rather than rare. I can see the case being made for either price structure; the worldwide demand could still outweigh the supply. Especially if its just one day.

It amazes me people still need Kenny, but there you go.

Autograph price might not be based on the number of lines (otherwise Kenny would be free...)

I think Kenny's price would be based mainly on his age and frailty, and he is worth every penny - it will be a sorry day when he retires from the circiut. But his credit for R2 is largely symbolic in three of the films. He played one of the lead Ewoks in ROTJ.