1st timer Star Wars Guest to go up on monday at 8.pm

showmasters

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes he (Lawson) was dubbed in the first film but not the others.

We can technically rule Ford out (as if it was ever going to happen anyway - don't believe it's even being discussed!) as he did a Star Wars signing back in 1979!

JEJ will not charge for his autograph - period!

Frank Oz wasn't in ANH

Colin Skeaping has done a CM before

Surely it can only be Denis Lawson - I for one would be well chuffed.

Oh well.. Shoulda gone to Specsavers. Very nice to catch the end of Force 10 from Navarone..

I just caught the end of Hanover Street on Channel 5 .......Ford rocks......he also has multi millions of Dollars and aint ever going to do a Con!

Shame though....i would buy that for a dollar.

Edited by Goodie586

Was thinking about this last night, and the chances are porobably zero but we know that the character speaks in the first three films.

Could it be Ewan McGregor - there's probably something I've missed in all the posts that would confirm it's not him.

There's a ton of posts on here regarding Lawson or JEJ so I wanted to throw this into the mix.

Was thinking about this last night, and the chances are porobably zero but we know that the character speaks in the first three films.

Could it be Ewan McGregor - there's probably something I've missed in all the posts that would confirm it's not him.

There's a ton of posts on here regarding Lawson or JEJ so I wanted to throw this into the mix.

Jason said that the guest is only in Ep IV, V and VI :smile:

With all due respects to everyone - it is likely NOT to be Harrison Ford! What planet are most of you on? I was lucky enough to attend the 30th Anniversary charity screening of ESB in LA in May and he was nervous enough doing the Q & A in front of about 300 people and peeps, the "Cowboys & Aliens" panel at this year's San Diego comic con was for only 20-odd minutes AND none of the panel officially signed after ... Again, with all due respect to Jason's powers of persuasion, I doubt that he would have been able to convince Ford to sign for a whole weekend.

Personally, my money is on either Denis Lawson or possibly even Mark Hamill (to the best of my knowledge, and I may be very wrong, but I don't think that Hamill has ever done a Showmasters/Collectormania event so that would fit with Jason's announcement of a "first time signing")

Personally, my money is on either Denis Lawson or possibly even Mark Hamill (to the best of my knowledge, and I may be very wrong, but I don't think that Hamill has ever done a Showmasters/Collectormania event so that would fit with Jason's announcement of a "first time signing")

Definitely not Mark Hamill. The original post states it is a supporting actor and it is their first signing ever. Luke is not a supporting character and I am certain Mark has done signings in America before and he did the big Star Wars one at Excel a couple of years ago.

I think it will be Denis Lawson. As far as I can tell every other actor, other than Mark, Harrison and Carrie, who can be classed as supporting and was in all three films has done signings before.

Jason said that the guest is only in Ep IV, V and VI :smile:

Jason said they were in episode IV, V and VI but didn't specify entirely if it was the guest or the character.

He did say that the character had a speaking part in the first 3 films.

Obi-wan kenobi did have a speaking part in these which Ewan played.

Probably a million to one chance it's him, I was just wondering how cryptic the clues were

Edited by steevofromglasgow

It is Lawson. Debate over. It's fact people.

Well that's the most logical assumption (I'm not disagreeing) but until the official thread goes up, this one exists, people will debate and raise false hopes.

If we have got Dennis he is a respected actor, his change of stance could help persuade others.

I'd be rather annoyed if it wasn't him now.

If its a supporting cast member who was in all three original films with a speaking part and hasnt done any signings before then it could only be Dennis Lawson. If it is then HAPPY DAYS by using logical deduction and ruling out anybody from eps 1 2 3 it could only be mr Lawson. If its not and is somebody else like JEJ or Ian McDiramid then great. If its anyone of these that would be cool as it would be such a breath of fresh air to have a guest of this calibre. Nice one Showmasters whoever it is i am sure the fans will much appreciate it.

i was in londondon town yesteray for autogafica snd im sure i saw a tube add for james earl jones 21st november cat on hot tin roof in london if true he is defo about

That poster is about a year old then, he's been and done that show. That's how I hot all my sw stuff signed him :-)

i was in londondon town yesteray for autogafica snd im sure i saw a tube add for james earl jones 21st november cat on hot tin roof in london if true he is defo about

That poster is about a year old then, he's been and done that show. That's how I hot all my sw stuff signed him :-)

london underground slack slack slack lol

The link to the above autograph site is pretty good;

I had a okay experience getting an auto from Sam Jackson, he signed but he made a deal about it.

I met Ewan McGregor and he was not as I was fearing or anticipating. He was an absolute gentleman, he signed my three posters and got a photo with him. Great, great experience.

I also met Denis Lawson outside a theatre only last December and he signed my Star Wars poster and waited while my rubbish camera flash charged to get a photo. Again he was a real great chap. I think this announcement is going to be Denis and if it is that would be a big guest, from my experience with him I also think he will be a pleasure to meet at the event.

It would be great if at some point they could get Oz though. That would be freaking awesome.