Guest Cancellation - Cameron Bright

showmasters

• Moderators

Kinda gutted... TBH after reading the posts, SM should stop promoting the events with the trade mark of bigger better 'big guests' etc. This is happening every convention now, when you say big guests, most expect Cullens and the hype goes up.

Sadly many things can be put in place - budget, venue, dates etc - to prepare for getting the biggest guests possible, but the one thing the organisers can't organise is the work that guests do. So I think we all know that it can't be guaranteed that they get Cullens etc.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I agree, I think it might be better to stop the hype, b/c SM keep shooting them selves in the foot, I have been to the cons before so I totally understand why guests pull out but if for an example, I had went to the last ET con, listened to the speach about the massive guests, the improved bla bla and had two guests pull out a few weeks before the con, i'd be a bit 'WTF'.

Anyway, I do have hope for both ET4 and ET5, it just depends what scenes they film first and last which will depend on our line up, BD prep and filming lasts from Mid Oct/March-ish.

Edited by beauty&bear

Lol @ Dappy! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Anyway, stop panicking guys, I know everyone's gutted, me included. Cameron was my top guest for this particular show but these things cannot be helped. There's a few weeks until the con so anything could happen, let's be positive and look forward to meeting Cameron at another show soon, hopefully ET5.

Pretty sorry for you guys that he cancelled :(

Well, don´t have tickets.. already said before that there are only 2-3 guests for which i would travel to the con.. But I really really hope, that they find a good replacement. And, i don´t wanna say Charlie with it. Of course, if they would annouce him, i would be happy, and i would buy tickets as soon as possible.. but, for you guys.. 2 cancellations in one week.. so sorry for that. :(

So hopefully there will be an announcement soon which makes everybody happy...

Oh and Big_Pants: I love your Frank Avatar :thumbup:

OMG - absolutely gutted about both cancellations but completely understand. Glad things are going well for them both and wish them luck.

Daren't tell my daughter yet though....maybe I'll wait to see if there's any news of replacements first :thumbup:

So upset....Cameron was the one I wanted to meet the most cos I love him in The Butterfly Effect! Understand it's not SM fault though...but still dissappointing.

I'm not too fussed with the other guests as I've met Peter/Alex/Booboo before and not bothered with the other 2 as they are only in Eclipse for 10 seconds. But sure SM will have some awesome guests up their sleeve :)

Billy Burke, Nikki Reed and Jackson Rathbone would be awesome, just saying :)

I really hope they get a great replacement.... maybe we will, the budget of two guests combining and getting a good one as at short notice we would be happy with one replacement (good) rather than trying to meet the hype set of more guests.

I know its not Sm/ME fault but you also have to see it from people who buy the tickets view they're not cheap and most people buy them for whose been announced or the speculation of who is going to be. We shall still be going provis]ding peter and alex is going otherwise i don't believe the rest to me are worth spending travel , hotel etc etc on when they only appear for all of 3 seconds.

I really hope they get a great replacement.... maybe we will, the budget of two guests combining and getting a good one as at short notice we would be happy with one replacement (good) rather than trying to meet the hype set of more guests.

I whole heartedly agree! One replacement for two budgets should be amazing (provided amazing people are available!) I think Michael Sheen would be perfect! :YAHOO:

I'm totally gutted, I was looking forward to meeting cameron, but good luck to him with getting work, I'm sure the film he's doing will be awesome. But I'm still excited for a fun weekend with the we have and ones we may have and all my friends who I met at the con in the first place :)