Guest Cancellation - Cameron Bright

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

We are very sorry to have to announce that Cameron can no longer attend ET4 due to work Commitments. We are looking into getting Cameron to attend ET5 or another ET con in the near future.

We are now working very hard on securing some other great guests for ET4 and will have some news on this very soon. Don't worry, we will have a full line up of great guests for you all at ET4 and we are sure that you will still have a fantastic time.

Once again we are sorry, but we hope you will join us in wishing Cameron the best of luck in his future projects.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, I wish Cameron good luck with his work but tbh I`m gutted that yet another "main" guest has cancelled and if I`m entirely honest, I am also expecting Alex & Peter to cancel too.

Whilst I appreciate you cannot control these things, I can`t help but feel a little let down :lol: I wouldn`t mind so much if I hadn`t have bought TWO Gold tickets (for my daughter and I) on the promise of the "Bigger,Better guests". I feel like I`ve been ripped off tbh as what we`re likely to end up with is guests who are hardly in the saga and some authors I`m not majorly fussed about.

I know the one of the main things is having a great time with like minded friends, But I could have got standard tickets and a MUCH healthier bank balance as I wouldn`t have paid for photos with the other guests as they don`t interest me (no offense) if I`d known that we would end up with these guests (again, No offense).

I REALLY hope we get some good replacements please!!

Can't really blame SM/ME - work has always and will always come first - its part of condition of sale of tickets.

I went to another convention this weekend (mentioning no names) and all three guests were changed in the last week - these things happen in the world of film/tv. Their careers come first and these are unofficial events!!

Of course it is disappointing - I am very disappointed. But I hope that SM/ME come up with come fab replacements for us - I have every faith *cough* Jackson Rathbone/Xavier Samuel *cough*

I am expecting an Alex Meraz cancellation personally unless he's scheduled a weekend off from shooting because he tweeted this morning he's in Louisiana for 6 weeks.... and he's supposed to be in Europe the weekend before too!!!

Can't be helped!

• Moderators

I realise the disappointment some people are feeling, however can we please try and keep things a little reasonable.

No one has been 'ripped off' as no organiser can guarantee a number of 'big' guests because work commitments will ALWAYS come first.

All ME can do is try to put together a good lineup, and now try to get some decent replacements. Sadly this time a few guests have ended up busy. Any convention ticket purchased is a risk for the people buying them.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens :lol:

Not like it's showmasters fault, I doubt they thought it'd be a good idea to like create more work for themselves, I've done the moaning in the past and it gets you no where other than feeling daft when you have a great weekend regardless, sit tight, and wait there's nothing more you can do.

I realise the disappointment some people are feeling, however can we please try and keep things a little reasonable.

No one has been 'ripped off' as no organiser can guarantee a number of 'big' guests because work commitments will ALWAYS come first.

All ME can do is try to put together a good lineup, and now try to get some decent replacements. Sadly this time a few guests have ended up busy. Any convention ticket purchased is a risk for the people buying them.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens :lol:

Which is why I said they cannot control things ^_^ I am just explaining how I feel :P

This is an extremely expensive con for me as I don`t usually buy gold as it was a one off. I could have got standard tickets and saved myself an awful lot of money :o

x

• Moderators

Which is why I said they cannot control things :YAHOO: I am just explaining how I feel :P

This is an extremely expensive con for me as I don`t usually buy gold as it was a one off. I could have got standard tickets and saved myself an awful lot of money :(

x

And that's why I didn't quote anyone specifically :YAHOO:

My post was based on the way I've seen people react in the last week - not only at this, but at other cons too. A lot of people seem to be in the habit of firing VERY harsh words at organisers, threatening to never go to their cons again etc, and calling them all the names under the sun.

I'd simply like to prevent that from happening here by pre-empting any unnecessary comments.

Which is why I said they cannot control things :YAHOO: I am just explaining how I feel :P

This is an extremely expensive con for me as I don`t usually buy gold as it was a one off. I could have got standard tickets and saved myself an awful lot of money :(

x

I know what you mean hun. I am hoping Peter and Alex don't cancel as well, if they do I am hoping Michael Sheen or someone of equal calibre will be announced as a replacement, if not then at least we still have the parties!! :YAHOO: xxx