Initiative party

chimmykins

i have a lab coat (big thanks to my brother for being a science geek!)....just got no idea what the rest of the costume should be!!!

is it wrong that i'm thinking corset/lab coat combo??:D

I said to my mum what can i do to be a smexy lab assistant and she said corset too :P so no hahaha

Me and conbuddy have had the saturday sorted for ages, but we are so totally stumped for Friday - HELP! Please? For idiots who have next to know idea how to go about obtaining labcoats and/or army gear? Or have no ideas, beyond army/scientists (because seriously, is there anything else that can be classed as initiative???)

It comes to something when creating a really kick ass halloween costume is no obstacle to us, but we fall flat on our faces when trying to recreate anything vaguely realistic :D

Me and conbuddy have had the saturday sorted for ages, but we are so totally stumped for Friday - HELP! Please? For idiots who have next to know idea how to go about obtaining labcoats and/or army gear? Or have no ideas, beyond army/scientists (because seriously, is there anything else that can be classed as initiative???)

It comes to something when creating a really kick ass halloween costume is no obstacle to us, but we fall flat on our faces when trying to recreate anything vaguely realistic :D

You can get labcoats pretty cheap on ebay.

Other than army/scientists you could go as a monster or vampire.

It comes to something when creating a really kick ass halloween costume is no obstacle to us, but we fall flat on our faces when trying to recreate anything vaguely realistic :P

practically everything i've got costume wise has come from ebay! apart from my boots which i'll be getting from the local army surplus shop.

hope this is a tiny bit useful :D

• Moderators

Yeah, eBay. My lab coat is coming from eBay. Various bits of my Saturday costume are eBay too.

The majority of my costumes for most cons I've been to so far have come from eBay, actually.

:lol: Haha! So apparently eBay is the way to go...this should be interesting! ;) I think my conbuddy uses it a lot for her anime cons though, so maybe there's hope in our ability to muddle through! Thanks for all the advice guys - much appreciated! :(

me and a group of my friends are going as scientists :borg:

Does that include me lol?

of cause unless u decide to ditch us to be an army girl :borg:

Nah i'm def doing sexy scientist mainly because it's the cheaper option. I think Angela's doing army girl though so we get to boss her about all night lol

Since I spent so much money on my costume for saturday, there isn't much left for anything big. For my luck I worked in a hospital for one year and got to keep the clothes and even a stethoscope. I was also thinking about a bit red colour as blood on it.

Im thinking of going as a demon of some sort, maybe in a straight jacket? with Liz in some sort of lab get-up as my keeper from the Initiative, armed with some sort of dart gun and a remote for a shock collar i'll maybe have for my costume. Something like that, i'm really just thinking out loud at this point :chair:

I'm looking into some decent latex masks for my demon, anybody any recommendations?

that sounds cool captain :-)

not sure what to dress as for the friday. are you going as mal anytime over the weekend cos i'd love a pic of us all. gonna wear my Kaylee stuff on the sat.

I really want to wear the Captain Mal stuff, hopefully on the Saturday night, i just need to try and lose a bit of weight is all, if I can I will have no fear as I LOVE wearing the browncoat :no: