Latest Guest Announcement - IAN LAVENDER

showmasters

Oh yes. Superb guest. Ever since Autographica began I've been wanting a reunion of the Dads Army survivors, so lets hope we get more.

Totally agree about geting Clive Dunn, Bill Pertwee, Jimmy Perry, David Croft (I really think Croft and Perry would do very well with Autographica attendees who appreciate them as well as the actors, it would be a dream come true to meet them after all their hit shows).

To those I would add Frank Williams and Philip Madoc.

Having Ian and Philip Madoc at the same show would be great.

Oh yes. Superb guest. Ever since Autographica began I've been wanting a reunion of the Dads Army survivors, so lets hope we get more.

Totally agree about geting Clive Dunn, Bill Pertwee, Jimmy Perry, David Croft (I really think Croft and Perry would do very well with Autographica attendees who appreciate them as well as the actors, it would be a dream come true to meet them after all their hit shows).

To those I would add Frank Williams and Philip Madoc.

Having Ian and Philip Madoc at the same show would be great.

Croft and Perry would be the best guests ever !! They are both very approachable and up for appearances / discussing their work. PLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE bring them to Autographica ......

Croft and Perry are both lovely people. The same can be said of most of the actors who have brought their creations to the screen (Hi de Hi, You Rang M'Lord, It Aint Half Hot Mum). Both C+P are now in their late eighties and, whilst they love meeting their fans, I think their appearances would have to be time limited given their ages.

I suggest a wider Croft and Perry Reunion - aside from the Dad's Army people, what about Donald Hewlett, Windsor Davies, Michael Knowles, George Layton, Jeffrey Holland, Su Pollard, Ruth Madoc, some of the yellowcoats, Catherine Rabett (also a Bond girl!), Susie Brann... There's also a new book out about Hi de Hi and YRML, so a perfect opportunity.

I saw Jimmy Perry at the Imperial War Museum a year or two back. I have to say he looked in pretty good shape to me. He was stood up the whole time and talking with people so I would think an event like Autographica would be do-able for him. Bear in mind a lot of the astronauts and WW2 guests are similar ages and a lot of them will do a day or maybe even a whole weekend.

All that said I'm sure if they could get Croft and Perry along even for a couple of hours as has been done with the likes of Warren Mitchell, there would be no shortage of takers.

Awesome! If there are some more Dad's Army guests I may well make this my first autographica. Have wanted to go for ages but there's only ever been usually one person I wanted to see and wasn't really worth the expense of going just for one signature.

Saw Croft and Perry this weekend just gone and as previous reply's have said they are both very frail now especially jimmy and they only could sign for an hour, so I dont think that they will be up for it. But looking forward to seeing Ian at the show.

Hear hear! And not everyone lives in or near the Norfolk area (or has fan society knowledge) where I understand many of the events take place.

Secondly, some younger fans like me (26), have come to like Dad's Army late in its day and long after many of the cast have passed on/gotten to old to attend/attend less and less events.

So I heartily back a Dad's Army reunion!

Precisely my point, I wasn't especially aware that events like that went on, that doesn't make me any less of a fan though.

Personally I've never been one for waiting outside theatres either, again that doesn't make me any less of a fan, good luck to you if you do, just not something I choose to do.

Precisely my point, I wasn't especially aware that events like that went on, that doesn't make me any less of a fan though.

Personally I've never been one for waiting outside theatres either, again that doesn't make me any less of a fan, good luck to you if you do, just not something I choose to do.

I can't believe i'm saying this - but I totally agree with you count!

I hate standing outside of theatres like some kind of weird stalker/pleb/stupid boy (have you seen some of those anoraks hanging around the stage doors?! There's no way i'd stop and sign for most of them). It's much friendlier/agreeable to get to meet them in the comfort of a nice hotel or convention.

There's really no excuse trying to get autographs for free either, if there happens to be a decent Autograph show they could attend :P

Edited by keithporter23