important update about PATRICK STEWART and photo ops

showmasters

Thanks Kingy and 1 of 2. I pretty much thought it was plausable to get them done but I have only ever booked 1 photo shoot and that was for Robert Englund. I went a touch crazy this time but so glad you guys with the experience can put a mere novice straight. Thanks again.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update. I'm so glad I recently decided to make a full day of Saturday and Sunday (and the hotel was able to extend my booking in the same room to the Sunday night!), so if my Sat photoshoot ticket is interchangeable for both days I'm sorted, but I hope there isn't too much disappointment for everyone else.

• Showmasters Admin

Those asking about cancelling/rebooking other Saturday tickets. Let's wait until the 17th to see what's definitely happening first.

Edited by Too Tall

Those asking about cancelling/rebooking other Saturday tickets. Let's wait until the 17th to see what's definitely happening first.

I can wait till the 17th its just that if I can find out before that transfering the tickets is a possibility from the Saturday to a Sunday (If Patrick Cannot Make The Saturday) photoshoot I can start putting out the feelers for someone to change shifts with before they all start going on their holidays and having to dash around at the last minute.

Like I said hopefully Saturday he will still come..

Edited by Kingy68

...as Patrick is now doing Sunday for sure we are now going to put photo ops up for Sunday as well

When is this going to happen? I'm going on the Sunday and would like to book a photo asap :)

I think that as Patrick has said this, but as showmasters have agreed to refund or use the sat photoshoot on the sunday.

Patrick if he's charging £25 or £35 like Shatner he should lower the price down to £20. just to make it up for the fans so that it doesn't p*** them off even more.

I didn't buy a photoshoot ticket as I thought this might happen. At best, I can see Patrick only doing the Sunday, and with SM then having sold two days worth of photoshoot tickets, either a lot of people will go home empty handed, or the whole day will be chaos with people still hanging around at 9pm waiting for their photos to come back.

And that's happened before.

• Moderators

I didn't buy a photoshoot ticket as I thought this might happen. At best, I can see Patrick only doing the Sunday, and with SM then having sold two days worth of photoshoot tickets, either a lot of people will go home empty handed, or the whole day will be chaos with people still hanging around at 9pm waiting for their photos to come back.

Well aren't you just the cheery voice of optimism...

9 PM? When and where?:D

Yes, there was some confusion at C15 because some photos were coming back late from the printers on Sunday. The lines were quite long and there was a wait, but everyone got their photos and who couldn't pick them up had them mailed.

At last LFACC there was a similar situation like with Patrick with Peter Facinelli due to a passport issue. He didn't arrive Saturday and only attended Sunday. So all Saturday shoots had to be taken on Sunday. All photos were taken as planned and the signing went ahead too.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Queen Sindel.... What would be the chances to have the photo shoots swapped over from the saturday to the sunday, just saying that Patrick cant make the saturday?

As I said in an earlier post we only bought the 3 different lots of shoots because Patrick being there on the Saturday...

Thanks for any info you can provide...

Just be nice to know thats all so I can

Edited by Kingy68

I think that as Patrick has said this, but as showmasters have agreed to refund or use the sat photoshoot on the sunday.

Patrick if he's charging £25 or £35 like Shatner he should lower the price down to £20. just to make it up for the fans so that it doesn't p*** them off even more.

Why?

Practically everywhere on all of showmasters websites it states that guests appear subject to work commitments, you won't lose out financially if you can't make the event on a different day.

There are no entry fees, if anyone loses out financially it would be showmasters, by paying the charges on any credit card refunds they need to process.

Of course, people may decide to travel two days or stay in a hotel to be able to go on a different day but thats a personal choice.

Kingy68, SM already said in the announcment that anyone with a saturday ticket would be moved to sunday if he cant make it, and that the saturdays would go in first.

we are going to leave photo ops on sale for the Sat and if he can no longer do this day we will automatically change them over to the Sunday and all of you that have book photo ops for the sat will be guaranteed a place so do not worry

:D

Edited by BeatrixKiddo88

Kingy68, SM already said in the announcment that anyone with a saturday ticket would be moved to sunday if he cant make it, and that the saturdays would go in first.

I think Kingy68 is referring to additional Saturday photoshoots purchased for other guests on the basis of attending Saturday for the Patrick photoshoot.

Edit To which I have no idea - sorry

Edited by 1of2

Queen Sindel.... What would be the chances to have the photo shoots swapped over from the saturday to the sunday, just saying that Patrick cant make the saturday?

As I said in an earlier post we only bought the 3 different lots of shoots because Patrick being there on the Saturday...

Thanks for any info you can provide...

Just be nice to know thats all so I can

You mean the other shoots you bought, right?

Like BeatrixKiddo said, Patrick's tickets would be going over to Sunday automatically.

I honestly have no idea how things will be handled for other shoots. I'm sure SM will confirm when they know for sure Patrick can't make Saturday. As TooTall has said, please hang in there until the 17th.

I know it's going to be a long weekend especially seeing you have things to talk about at work. But everything I'd say now is pure speculation on my part, and I don't like speculating when it's about important stuff like that.

Probably when Patrick confirms which days he's doing.

Basically what he's done is put the whole schedual of the con on hold till monday :D

Remind me why we like him again? Oh yeah, lots of reasons lol

Edited by BeatrixKiddo88

I think Kingy68 is referring to additional Saturday photoshoots purchased for other guests on the basis of attending Saturday for the Patrick photoshoot.

Yes 1of2 thats what I was referring to, the other photoshoots I specificaly purchased on the Saturday due to Patrick being there only on that day..

Like I said if I knew he was only going to be there on the Sunday I would have booked that day off instead and booked all the other photoshoots for that day..

Edited by Kingy68

Yes 1of2 thats what I was referring to, the other photoshoots I specificaly purchased on the Saturday due to Patrick being there only on that day..

Like I said if I knew he was only going to be there on the Sunday I would have booked that day off instead and booked all the other photoshoots for that day..

When are the Sunday photoshoots going on sale?

"To be or not to be, that is the question..."

...the answer to which we will find out on Monday. Not that I'm sucking up to Sir Patrick already quoting his beloved Shakespeare or anything... :D

Ouch 17th is Monday. Why is is I've done my 2 stints at Uni and I have a job, yet I still need to do exams, one of which is on Monday and is apparently impossible to pass? That's the flippin question!!