GUEST DAYS AND PRICES

showmasters

Im stunned that so many people are complaining about £35 for Shatner when Tyson is charging £75-£100 (holy crapola is that normal??)

I'm under the impression that SM events actually are on the cheap end of the scale for autographs - as far as I am aware, at other events Shatner, for example, has cost/ is costing double what SM is charging.

Edited by silky_cat

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And a funny one at that :D

Anyhoo, I'm feeling the same way about Tyson, it's just too much for my budget. But I can imagine other guests for whom I'd beg, steal and borrow until I could afford even that amount. As such, I'm glad for fans of Tyson's who feel about him that begging and stealing way to be given the opportunity to meet him :)

Like I said though, I really think it's 'normal', or better yet, 'below normal' as far as rates go.

Who exactly are you talking to? *chuckles* Who is he being lumped in with these names by and who needs to take all their pills?

As for Ben Browder, he's quite popular with the Stargate crowd on top of anyone who enjoyed watching Farscape. And Stargate, with the new series having started not too long ago, still has a very avid fan following. So I'm sure he'll be quite busy.

Ben was mad busy both days at Collectormania MK last year.

He had a VT queue then.

Plus, as he was doing personalisations I found it quicker to see Leonard Nimoy (who wasn't personalising) than Ben (although I'm sure Leonard signed a heck of a lot more autographs over the course of the weekend!).

He was a very good natured and funny guy - I can't wait to see him again! (Farscape and Stargate fan!!)

And a funny one at that :P

Anyhoo, I'm feeling the same way about Tyson, it's just too much for my budget. But I can imagine other guests for whom I'd beg, steal and borrow until I could afford even that amount. As such, I'm glad for fans of Tyson's who feel about him that begging and stealing way to be given the opportunity to meet him :)

Like I said though, I really think it's 'normal', or better yet, 'below normal' as far as rates go.

Captain Kirk or Mike Tyson...........

Captain Kirk wins by a few thousand miles. You'd have to pay me for taking Mike Tyson's autograph. Sorry but just not a fan of either boxing or Mike Tyson!

I maybe would have paid £70 for Shatner. We'll never know!

Captain Kirk or Mike Tyson...........

Captain Kirk wins by a few thousand miles. You'd have to pay me for taking Mike Tyson's autograph. Sorry but just not a fan of either boxing or Mike Tyson!

I maybe would have paid £70 for Shatner. We'll never know!

:D Same here :D

As of right now, the following guests are still missing on the line-up in post one:

Robert Rankin

David Prowse

Lee Townsend

Al Davidson

Colin Teague

Henry Davies

Lenora Crichlow

Russel Tovey

Mark Walker

Hal Laren

John-Paul Bove

Jess Bradley

Still listed even though they have canceled (as per londonfilmandcomiccon.com) are:

Quentin Pierre

Norman Chancer

Also, still listed here despite cancellation:

Dennis Dun

On the official site (londonfilmandcomiccon.com) are missing (unless they were canceled, in which case they are 'extra' on the list in this thread):

Marolyn Turk

Milton Johns

Still on the offical site, despite having been announced as canceled, is:

Dennis Dun

Yes, I like lists. :D

Thanks, Queen_Sindel, for clearing up why some of those might not need to be listed here. What can I say, I'm afflicted by list-OCD and like completeness :P (jo, der Vollstaendigkeit halber ;) )

Edited by silky_cat

Im stunned that so many people are complaining about £35 for Shatner when Tyson is charging £75-£100 (holy crapola is that normal??)

Well I have just seen Mr Shatner advertised for another convention in the US in August. There he is listed down for £60 per autograph ($90). So I say a big thank you to jason and the Showmaster team for getting him at £35.

:P:clap::D:clap:;)

yeh silky_cat I also want to know if lenora crichlow, :YAHOO:russell tovey :YAHOO: and colin teague will be doing signings

and having gone thru this entry - all posts - the name DANTE BASCO didnt mean anything to me, i was like familiar familiar :YAHOO: and then :YAHOO: myself and was like he's RUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuffiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiooooooooooooooooooooooooooo and Dolph in BIAC. It's the heat its made my brain go SQUISHY!!!

BRILLIANT! CAnt decide whether to get Hook signed or But I'm A Cheerleader.