Event Feedback

DavidB

A quick point, everything's been covered (I love the Park Inn too!) - whatever happened to the fanfiction competition? It was a nice way to kill time at the con, fun to enter, a chance for desperately skint people to get their hands on some goodies and not too much extra effort on SM's part. Just a suggestion. :P

Edited by Spectrum

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guests

Awesome - I really loved them all.

Jamie - so dif from how I expcted - LOVED HIM and want his "lovely" self back!

Charlie - always love him, he is lovely!!!! Felt sorry for him as he was obv tired 2nd day - he told us he'd over done t in the gym.

Kiowa - fav wolf pack member so far - so sweet and lovely!

Tinsel - such a sweetie abso lovely!

Hairyballs - sorry can only think of him as that :o What an awesome guy - a true diamond :P

Venue

Got used to it but prefer Park Inn but understand why the change.

Complaint to the Hilton though that they didn't do us any special discount food on the last night :/ and it was so so cold!

Costumes

I loved this what a great addition - more like this please!

Parties

You guys always do a great job themeing them really app it :P

and complaint for myself that I missed the JCB's talk :P

But all in all another brilliant weekend!!! Went so quick...now just need ET4 NOW :o

Edited by Emelso

:P

On the whole I thought that the attendees were very sweet, aside from a few French girls that were making fun of the girls surrounding me (in French, which I can understand), so I was slightly upset to hear the word wh*** being thrown around.

That's awful :o

I definately think that the silver seats should be treated the same as gold - why isn't this the case? I know there were 2 people behind us that had left their bags on their seats and when they came back the bags had been removed and their seats were taken. A crew member did try and sort the problem out but the people in the seats pretended they knew nothing - the 2 women had to make do with 2 new seats further to the side - not nice :o

I didn't particularly like the crowding outside of the talk room, nor outside the autograph room. Particularly the latter, as there was a very small space there.

No matter how many times people are told to come back and that they won't miss anything etc, they will still stand in one place obstructing everyone else because they just want what they want.

This is true.

We were forever trying to get past people who's groups hadn't been called who chose to block the doorways for autographs and talks - very annoying :P

I definately think that the silver seats should be treated the same as gold - why isn't this the case? I know there were 2 people behind us that had left their bags on their seats and when they came back the bags had been removed and their seats were taken. A crew member did try and sort the problem out but the people in the seats pretended they knew nothing - the 2 women had to make do with 2 new seats further to the side - not nice

I was so irritated, I'm 16, and even I wouldn't address people I barely know that, especially since the people it was aimed at probably couldn't understand in the first place! I definitely agree with the silver seats being treated like the gold, of course, gold must have priority because of what they're paying for, but equally, silver is a lot of money to afford, and it's absolutely gutting when somebody with standard manages to get maybe one or two rows in front of me. The entire row in front of me was draped in a scarf, and at one point me and my friend were told to move by somebody because "their sister" was along the row, yet she was standard. I feel that this needs to be addressed, as it is unfair. :P

I thought I’d pop in to share my thoughts and opinions – I have been deleted in the past, which I find silly because surely all feedback is useful? Plus I know I’m not the only one to think the things I say – I’m just one of the only ones who posts them here.

Like someone earlier, I will put the ETs in order of preference – 1, 2, 3! Sorry showmasters, but the events don’t really seem to be getting better overall, but there were good points.

~ Good Points

Ok, maybe the hotel was a bit expensive, and a bit big, but in itself it was a lush location. It was nice to not feel so claustrophobic as in ET1 and especially ET2.

The guests were all lovely and polite, really glad to have met them.

There was really good music at the parties, and they were well decorated – thank you Mr DJ.

I liked that it was in Brum – easier for me to get to, and see other friends on the Fri.

The staff generally seemed a lot happier and more polite at this event – wage increase maybe lol?

Jamie was fab.

~ Bad Points

I know the people organizing this cant stop people yelling stupid things out, or crowding the guests, but still, it was annoying.

Same with the guests not coming to the parties/being there really late. I never actually saw any of the guests at the parties (I wasn’t at the Sunday one though, apparently the guests went to that one – annoying lol).

The food was RIDICULOUSLY expensive in the hotel, and it was a shame there was no decent restaurant nearby. Went to the Wetherspoons in the NEC, and it was crap – no choice and really pricey.

I wasn’t too impressed with the selection of guests, as I’ve said before, but they themselves were lovely. Maybe Kiowa just needs some encouragement? It would probably have been easier if they had been closer linked in the film – like at ET1 when they new each other really well. Tinsel and Kiowa didn’t really have much to say when put with the other 3 – did they even meet much before this?

I was VERY unimpressed with the talks. All of the questions (well, most) were SO cringey and embarrassing not only for the guests to answer, but because of the impression the guests must have had of us! Is it really that hard to filter the questions asked? If not enough were given in, then surely someone could have researched the guests a bit, to find something suitable to ask them. Also, maybe good questions suggested from old cons could be used? If they are good, and can be asked to any guest, then keep a stock pile!

Also, in the talks the gaps between answers to one question, and the next question were SO awkward. The person interviewing didn’t seem to be paying attention – and the guests looked so uncomfortable. Also, putting the guests under pressure to answer a question they don’t want to, or don’t know how to, isn’t cool.

I feel I should add that I DID enjoy the weekend, though not really because of the event. I loved seeing friends, some of whom I met at ET1, and we’re still friends now. I do feel like the guests are getting reduced slightly, no matter how lovely they are – and I appreciate that some of this is partly because of Twilights explosion in popularity. I still think a bigger guest could maybe have pulled the rest together.

I wont be coming to the next ET, partly because of the fact I feel they are getting less enjoyable, but also because I simply cant afford it. And the prices are set to rise again, so definitely cant afford anymore!

Jamie was my favourite guest from ET3, with Chris the surprisingly awesome guest. ET2, my favourite guests were Rachelle, then Edi, with Tyson the surprise (i think he kinda proved that Kiowa could have been more enthusiastic - Tyson has done even less acting than Kiowa, and was in less of New Moon, but was sooo much more into the talks than Kiowa was). ET1, well, what can I say, all the guests were fab. Peter was HILARIOUS and so lovely. Ashley was so sweet, Kellan *gives great hugs* was very funny, and I loved the banter between Christian and Justin.

See with the talks there always seems to be way too much of a gap between questions :S I also know there were some really good questions put in, and it seems like a lot of the questions are one's guests have answered time and time again.

Here are my opinions... Get ready for my essay!!:P

Guests

Just like the vast majority of the people who have commented, I also LOVE Jamie (my lovely) :D and Chris :P ! OH MY DAYS they were hilarious and made my weekend!!! Hmmmm cheese and going commando! I love how during the Volturi talk on Saturday Jamie told off my group and I because of us giggling! ("Did he say bonding or bondage?" Thanks cousin!) I felt Tinsel and Kiowa were a little too quiet but got a little more talkative towards the end!!

Charlie was fabulous during the photoshoots and I'm pleased that all the guys gave me nice snuggle pictures! The autograph sessions went really well but was a little disappointed that Chris didn't personalise. I know it was because of time but I can't see "To Sarah" taking much longer to sign.

They weren't exactly guests but it was nice talking to Charlie's brother and sister, who were lovely.

The costume exhibition was fantastic and should be brought again next time with some more Eclipse items!

Venue

I must be one of the only people who prefer the Hilton to the Park Inn. I preferred having more space because at the Park Inn it was literally bumper to bumper walking around the place and when we were waiting to go into the talks we were crammed like sardines in the little area outside the hall. The Hilton gave more opportunity to have extras (like the Costumes in their own room) and its a lot more convenient having a talk room and autograph room that waiting for one room to be set up. Plus, I don't mind the walking, its good exercise!!!

Would it be possible to have the signs for the Silver seats like you do for the Golds? I noticed some Standards sneaking like ninjas a row forward, which I thought was cheeky!

I agree it was either too cold (in the day) and too warm (in the evening) and the price of food and drink was rather pricey but I only paid for one meal because I brought my own food.

I'm never bothered with the dealers room to be honest, all I require is a photo table to buy a replacement photo if I'm not a fan of one provided in the packs. They have that table so I'm "happy as a clam" <-- Jamie!!

Fellow Attendees

I have only one complaint about a handful of attendees. I have no problem with the French at all but do they have to speak so loud during the talks?!? I had a group of French ladies behind me on Sunday and all they did was shout at each other. I know this doesn't apply to all of our European friends but blimey... there were times they were chattering and I couldn't hear Kiowa.

Everyone else are awesome, and I've met new people and caught up with others... GOOD TIMES and great vibes!

Party Time!

Parties were really fun and everyone's costumes were fab, but I only have 3 complaints.

- Why did the DJ play the same songs every night?

- None of the party decorations came close to the splendour of the Volturi Masquerade. Was this because of the decorations being stolen previously?

- I think I lost a lung when the smoke machine went off right by me... LOL :P

All in all another fantastic weekend! I would like to thank the crew and peeps for all their hard work!! Can't wait for ET4 and I look forward to seeing everyone again!

Edited by EdwardDiggory

I thought the questions asked at talks were fine. If anything, it was the guests themselves making them, erm...shall we say inappropriate? xD

Which, in my opinion, only made it more entertaining.

Besides, at ET1 people were complaining about the "boring" questions.

The gaps in between questions did seem kinda long, but the fact that all the guests were geuinely laughing and none of it seemed false I felt didn't make it at all uncomfortable.

I doubt everyone wants to sit through really professional, clean cut talks - you can look those up online.

Sure, the crude - slightly cringey stuff isn't for everyone but it adds great humour and the talks (adding more of a personal reason here) were the only reason I stayed for the whole of Sunday. Otherwise I would've gone home at lunch because I was feeling so ill. xD

[/rant]

Edited by jess8619

My highlights have to be Jamie and Chris! They were so so so so amazing! Loved Tinsel and Kiowa to! Kiowa was really coping well with the 'fame' Loved Tinsel going in her huff on stage! Hotel was much bigger, alot more to do but keeping it together may have been a better idea, maybe having the photoshoot next to the autos and having our ET dining area where the photoshoot area was may be a better idea. I loved seeing my friends again, party was a little to loud to talk but saw them anyways.

And! Well done to whoever organised the cheaper food! My pizza on the sunday was £7 and I ate it in my room! Thanks! More of things like that make it more affordable to come!

Bad points, alot more bitchyness and unnecessary drama at this con than my last con, pretty much ruined my weekend. Not just the french girls either.

The music was bad to, same songs each night + the hotel was freeezing!

Overall it was a good con, ET2 and proms were better, mainly due to the attendees this time.

ERm still trying to defrost myself lol.

It was my first con but went to Prom in Brum and stayed at the Hilton so was really looking forward to going back there as it was such a nice friendly hotel. This time though there didnt seem to be enough staff to deal with the amount of people who were staying there, especially on the Friday when we were all trying to check in!

OMG did I mention I was cold, actully more close to frostbite, I literally walked round with my coat on from Saturday night until I got home Sunday night. I did ask the Concierge to maybe turn on the heating and he made a phone call, but it was still cold.

For me the bad points were:

The sub zero temperature,

Lack of seating in and around the function rooms we were using, except for the talks.

Food and drink prices and lack of variety, but then I appreciate the cafe was there and did enable me to actually eat.

The rude people who spoke throughout every talk and prevented me from hearing anything, some French and some English.

I must say I preferred the intimacy of the Prom and the guests being more accesible to us there.

For me 900 people is too big a crowd, I apprecaite everyone of us loves twilight and its nothing personal towards anyone, but there was just too many people, all of the time.

I know on here I come across as very outspoken but I am actuall quite intorvert and I was way out my comfort zone as I think Kiowa and Tinsel were. Kiowa seemed to be so shy and really not want any attention at all.

Charlie well he was normal Charlie <3, but have a feeling this is his last con :cylon:

Christopher is an amazingly sweet man with a lovely personality

Jamie was born to perform and he is going to be a huge huge star. His talk was THE highlight of the weekend for me.

I cant make ET4 but with prices of tickets rising to a point were I may have to take a second mortgage to attend and numbers of tickets being sold steadily increasing I don't think I want to go to anymore anyway.

I know Twilight is getting bigger every second but the cons were a way to meet the cast and I think the bigger the cons get the less chance of sharing a moment with them is becoming less and less likely.

As for the parties, Friday and Saturday party themes were fab, loved the themed cocktails and the attention our mini Jane and Bella were given, thought the music wasnt to everyones taste and was a little bit repetitive too.

Sorry if I'm being a grouch, on the plus I took a load of fun memories away with me and glad I experienced it.

Sometimes I hate being French. I was in some other con once, and the French girls there were acting just the same.... That's why I didn't say I was French and enjoyed hanging out with foreigners (Scottish, Australian, German peeps etc) and English peeps at that con and I met some great people with whom I'm still in touch now!

I wasn't in ET3 but will be in ET4, and I really hope that being French won't be hold as a prejudice against me :cylon:

I'm not of the shouting/mobbing/stalking style... Usually I don't even have the guts to ask guests for a special pose! :P

Guests

I almost totally loved the guest stars, charlie jamie and chris were total stars, Kiowa was so sweet thou very quiet but he didnt stand a chance with the other 3 really lol and Tinsel was very brave to be up there with them, but i loved her for it and she was lovely.

The only down thing was the designer bloke, the clothes being shown was lovely but i didnt find his talk at all interesting and that video he put on didnt do anything for me, and when I realise this is what some people was calling for, which would mean real guests to be left out i was horrified,

I was fine having him talk but i think it should have been on its own like at the end even thou you were meant to be keeping the seats i know people wasnt keeping to that and if i had left for his talk i would have prob lost my seat, and he bored me to tears.

Venue

I love the hilton, I have been to other cons there and its a great place for the con itself, thou the bar is terribly staffed and over priced, we were at one point accused of not paying. and it would have been better if the staff was all more native to here as there was problems understanding each other,

but i dont mind the size of the hotel its good everything got its own. Surprised which rooms was used but got the hang of it really quick.

Fellow Attendees

I bumped into some amazing people most were very friendly but like other the french ruined parts of the talk, this is an english con and whether or not one of the guest can speck french it should all be in english, its rude to say things most of the people there have no idea what they were saying.

if they cant speak english perhaps this isnt the right con for them I would never dream of going to france and doing the same thing.

Party Time!

I am not a party person I dont "get" the dressing up thing, but i did pop in for bit and everyone seem to be having fun, and my friend won a toy on one of the stoles on the saturday, I was impressed how much effort was put into it when ot could have been just a disco as some cons have.

All in all i had an awesome time, I can not wait to do et4, I am glad its staying where it is and im so looking forward to the amazing guest that are lined up.

thank you ME for amazing time, after other cons i had to keep pinching myself when I realised nothing was going wrong,.

Edited by flipp

i loved the weekend, 1 guest was very dissappointing but hey ho guessthats not to do with u guys an completley down to him.

only thing i didnt enjoy was the fact sunday was very rushed for gold group1 and gettin seating was really crap for talks on the sunday as we couldn't get there early enough to get at the front. we was gold 1 2 and 3

I thought the questions asked at talks were fine. If anything, it was the guests themselves making them, erm...shall we say inappropriate? xD

Which, in my opinion, only made it more entertaining.

Sure, the crude - slightly cringey stuff isn't for everyone but it adds great humour and the talks (adding more of a personal reason here) were the only reason I stayed for the whole of Sunday. Otherwise I would've gone home at lunch because I was feeling so ill. xD

I agree - I love the innuendos and inappropriate dirty comments/jokes. It makes the talks funny, which is why Jamie's was hilarious and the best part of the weekend!

I did have a good weekend, but, one of the staff on registration was really snobby to my friend and I, when we asked a question because we didnt know what to do, and then on the last night when we were asking about an issue with the photos, the same lady again, was being funny with us. That annoyed me

and also what annoyed me was taht even though we paid more for a silver pass, we didnt get a personalised autograph off christopher, because we got placed on the sunday. I just dont think thats fare since we pay more out.

but the guests were good, and i really enjoyed it in general so yeah :)

Overall Great...

Guests

Charlie - A.K.A Smuttskiteer #1 - i will ALWAYS love Charlie.... and to get him as a guest at another even at some point would be amazing... he will always be one of my fave guests, and i'm with Talie about supporting him... he is just so amazing!

& i think it is freakin' poor the way people treated him.... he's only human...and the way he was mobbed...it's like... he couldn't even have a chillax at the party! At proms he actually stayed at the party generally all night...yeah it's cool to go up and chat to him... but if he is chatting to someone already...BACK OFF! don't be rude!

Also he is just so charming...and genuine! Great guest encounters too!

Christopher - So lovely and hilarious! when we went for the autograph he actually recited his line for me and Chels, which was ace considering he didn't in the talk B)

a funny and overall great guest...started off a bit of a swarming hug fest this morning though before he left...sorrrry!

Kiowa - So many people are saying how anti social or like anti personality he was...but i actually didn't see that.... there were numerous occasions where we had conversations and hugs <3 he was so sweet :)

i also like the fact that towards the end of his signings cause he was running lat he was rushing yet i still got a personalisation and a heart as well as a hug :) he really is lovely... just not a good time keeper :D

Tinsel - She was adorable! she took her time to make every encounter personal, like in photo shoots, she would have a laugh with the people, and do personal poses...SO down to earth :)

also she thought some of the money was going to charity...bless her! <3

I even had a little elevator encounter with her, and we had a random funny conversation about hair dying and partying... :P lovely! < as JCB would say :wub:

Jamie - What to say about him..... SMUTTSKITEER #2 MUCH!? i actually love him... he likes cheese and say's poo! he's like a male version of me! haha

but nah.... he was SO sweet! he had a great personality...like he has humour but he also has an amazing serious side... he knows where his morals lie.. land is extremely intelligent....

he was the perfect guest and made everyone feel great in a personal way! he also personalised many signatures with a nice specific line, about the person themselves.... like mine was like "keep rocking to miles!" and i know he did them to a few people... i wouldn't say no to him coming again!

he also made the most of the guest encounters and was so sweet and touched when he realised how much people payed to see JUST him! <3

Venue

Erm.. yeah...confusing.... big and cold! but i suppose okay ish?

and does it have a fire alarm EVERY monday!? or just when there is a con!?

Attendee's

Yeah the attendee's were great and lovely to talk to...even when you just start up random conversation with someone in a queue ;)

i just think the way some of them acted if one of the guests came down...(CHARLIE!) i just think thats a bit crap! because they are only human after all... it's people like that that spoil ot for everyone else when the guest only stays a whole of 5 minutes!

Parties

Yeaaaahhhh i didn't spend too much time actually in the parties.... lol! it was too dark and i could barely find anyone and there was too much smoke....

and again, would be nice if the guests came to the parties..... but yeah... i prefered the prom capacity of people..... Charlie and Jose actually stayed from start to end then......

dunno if i have covered everything.....

and even if i haven't i should probably stop.... this is enough to go in a book! sorrry!

see, i thought the guests coped pretty well with the huge spaces between questions, especially when there were more of them on stage - but it seemed almost like they were laughing amongst themselves and stretching out their answers because they knew there were going to be huge gaps. They did look very uncomfortable at times. And question wise, I understand that not every question should be a 'serious' question, but some where really cringey. Maybe just not use the 'awkward moment' questions, and mix them up more, like one serious, one fun, one serious...etc etc. because instead, with all the serious seeming to be at the start, and the funny ones at the end, it felt like they were running out of valid questions.

And I know that there were some more awesome questions, because I was with people who submitted them. And they weren't just questions that we wanted to hear, they were genuinely interesting.

• Showmasters Admin

Not all of them, I dont think? The volunteers are ALWAYS lovely. It was some of the staff that I think are paid, that last time were a bit rude towards us. This time they were all lovely.

the crew are ALL VOLUNTEERS and i know that they are the best crew for events like this in the world and i do stand by them all .

jason

See with the talks there always seems to be way too much of a gap between questions :S I also know there were some really good questions put in, and it seems like a lot of the questions are one's guests have answered time and time again.

we ask all the fans to put in questions but we do not get many for you all , if you put in more questions we will ask them as long as they are good .

we do take out the ones that are not reel questions more can this person give you a kiss or i love you etc which is around 70% of what we get given , so if you feel the questions are not good then PLEASE give us some good ones and we will ask them .

jason B)

Ok am back home and online now.... so can write in more detail.... At the end of the day, its the good and bad feedback that gives ME the knowledge and advice for future events so I always feedback :)

Guests

Our guests were awesome - I do have favourites as I am sure many do, but I loved all five guests and also John and the costumes were fab too!! Iwould love them all back at future events. Like ME say, they get these guests and they do NOT know what they are going to be like, and there will always be stand out characters but I enjoyed meeting all of our guests and thank ME and the guests themselves - awesome, awesome guests :)

Venue

This is only the 2nd con I have done, and they have both been at that same hotel - the hotel is big but I personally prefer it this way. There could have maybe been a few more signs and/or a map in our packs to show us where the events were taking place but I like that nothing is on top of each other - especially as there are a lot of attendees!

Parties

The parties were good - like others have mentioned, the DJ did get a bit repetitive and the smoke machine was a bit OTT but the bouncy castle and stalls and stuff were awesome - the decoration was fab too! Do think that the newborn party should have been on the Saturday night though as I couldn't stay for Sunday night as also was the case with a lot of other people but I think it would have been a party idea a lot of people would have got involved in on Saturday evening.....

I guess the guest encounters could go in this section too - I was lucky enough to do one with Jamie and he was awesome - fab encounter :)

Attendees

I met a few new people over the weekend and made some great new friends.... I really had an awesome time and thankyou to everyone who made it possible

I would also like to say a massive thankyou to ME and allllll the volunteers who made the weekend possible - you all rock!!

the french ruined parts of the talk, this is an english con and whether or not one of the guest can speck french it should all be in english, its rude to say things most of the people there have no idea what they were saying.

if they cant speak english perhaps this isnt the right con for them I would never dream of going to france and doing the same thing.

I think this is actually very true. Not being discrimantory at all in any way i just think that if they can't speak english at all then they shouldnt really be here. I mean nearly half of the atendees were french and tbh shouldnt they go to a french convention because i wouldnt want to go to france to a convention and take up some of the guests time speaking in all english where the rest couldnt understand.

in the guest encounters they were speaking french too which i actually didn't mind too much... because tbh the french paid as well... and i don't mind the odd bit of french because even though it is a UK con, they're still coming to it and it is nice to feel involved...i just think in return they shouldn't mob the guests....that isn't how the UK work... though tbf i know it wasn't ALL french... but i think the majority of it was...

in the guest encounters they were speaking french too which i actually didn't mind too much... because tbh the french paid as well... and i don't mind the odd bit of french because even though it is a UK con, they're still coming to it and it is nice to feel involved...i just think in return they shouldn't mob the guests....that isn't how the UK work... though tbf i know it wasn't ALL french... but i think the majority of it was...

Yeahh i dont mind the odd bit of french, they have paid but i mean i'm talking about the ones that didnt speak much english at all and didnt even try speaking english. The ones that tried to speak english were actually really nice and i spoke to them about france and stuff :chair: but some were really snobby as if they owned the place.