Event Feedback

DavidB

the silvers were loaded into the hall before the standards, and were to sit behind the golds

but some people dont like to sit on the end of rows and prefer to be in the middle, it is their option when they go into the hall where they sit as long as not it is not closer to the front than their pass allows.

The other seats still have to be filled then though, so as long as a standard didnt mind being right at the end of a row, they could end up in a more forward row than a silver.

Plus, some people do arrive later than when they are called.

I dont envy TT loading the hall, that is one mammoth task!!!!!

I think it is a difficult task to load the hall and I understand they have to make the best of it but the top and bottom of it is that silver people pay more so in my eyes they should have priority seating. Therefore silver should be roped off in a section as gold is.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was my first Eternal convention (not my first Twilight Con though, I was at Twilight Prom in Brum) , and I had an awesome weekend, I want to thank everybody who helped make these three days so amazing! So here is my feedback:

Guests

Christopher: He was the big surprise of this weekend. He was really friendly and funny, and I think we all could feel that he enjoyed very much being with us. I had a guest encounter with him and listening to him was very interesting.

Jamie: Thank you ME for bringing him! He was quite a wonderful guest. I laughed so much during his talk, I would have never thought that he could make a talk so interesting all by himself, but he did!

Charlie: To be honest, I preffered him at Twilight Prom, it was his first con and he was much more involved than he is now. But I guess it can be understandable as he's now used to doing conventions. Other than that, I like how he always makes funny faces during the photoshoots.

Tinsel: she's really sweet, not as outgoing as Jamie or Chris but still, I really enjoyed meeting her.

Kiowa: he was a little bit shy but he relaxed toward the end of the weekend. I had the opportunity to talk to him for a few minutes and he told me that he was really tired.

Venue

I don't know the hotel in Northampton so I can't compare, but my biggest complain would be the air-conditioning system. It was freezing!!! Please do something for ET4 as it was really horrible to be cold all the time! It's also a bit far from... well... everything. There is no restaurant nearby so our only options are either the hotel restaurant (which is, as a few people pointed out a bit expensive) or the food court (I took a burger over there, it was actually a piece of meat between two slices of bread and a slice of cold cheese, and the potatoes were cold as well) Other than that, I didn't feel that the hotel was too big, it was nice not being too crowded and the prices of the room compared to their comfort was fair. I loved the breakfast!!

Parties

I had so much fun during the parties!! Some costumes were incredible! ( I loved little Jane and Bella, I saw them dancing with a werewolf, they were so cute!) Unfortunately, we didn't see much of the guests, but that is quite understandable as when they were there they were crowded by a bunch of girls who only wanted to take pictures. I didn't approach them as they must have felt already suffocated by the crowd.

Attendees

well... I am french. I just read the five pages and honestly I feel quite ashamed to see that some of my compatriots acted so rudely. But please don't think that all the french people acted this way, because I can assure you that it is a minority (I think I know who you are talking about, and don't think that they do that only because you are british because they act exactly the same way with the french people). Some people are rude and arrogant, that's a fact. A girl walked on my friend's petticoat and ripped it off, she didn't apologize, she just laughed and walked away. She was british, but it didn't matter for us, she could have been french or german, the only important thing was that she was very rude and naughty. What I mean by telling this story is that there are uncivilized people everywhere. As for the girls who were speaking during the talks, well I plead guilty. I was translating to my friend what the guests were saying, but I was whispering so I honestly don't think I disturbed anybody around. As for the person who said that french girls shouldn't attend english conventions because they don't speak english, don't you think that's a bit harsh???? My friend is a huge Twilight fan who is not fluent in english, and coming to this convention is one of her only opportunity to meet the actors and be able to spend three days living her passion entirely. Yes it's a shame but unfortunately we don't have Massive Events in France, but until now we didn't care to come to England to attend these events, as we both like the english culture, so it was an opportunity for us to live our passion and come here all in the same time. As for the little french that was spoken during the talk, what's the big deal? It was not as if they were speaking french all the time and it really pleased some of us who were happy to hear them speaking in french. Anyway nothing important was said, Chris was just imitating different french accents and Charlie was saying french insults, that's all. We just bought our tickets for ET4, but honestly, after reading what some people think, I start to wonder if there is not an animosity toward the french... I really hope that I'm wrong... I didn't speak to a lot of english people because I kept sticking with my friends and I admit that I am a bit shy. Now I start to regret it, cause I would have loved to show you that not all the french people are like these girls. And if you see me at ET4, don't hesitate to come speak to me, I'd love to meet new acquaintances!

well i met a loverly group of french girls and i didnt find them rude at all they were really friendly polite girls .little jane and bella were with us .

Im sure there is no animosity towards you and besides that you have just as much right to be there as anyone else ,people come together at these cons because they love twilight and they love meeting up with all their new friends again ,and make lots of new ones at each con.you shouldnt have to appologise for someone elses behavior either .as long as you didnt behave in an appalling manner dont be worrying about what people think of you,im sure some english were just as bad as those french girls .there are good and bad no matter where you live or what language you speak .dont worry about it long as you had a nice time and your coming back for et4 then the uncivilized ones havent achieved anything except make themselves look pathetic xx

• Moderators

It is a shame when a group of people can give a bad impression, and it has a knock-on effect on to others.

I'm sure everyone realises that, and that we don't all have a simple "the French are bad!" opinion. For all we know, everyone had their problems with exactly the same few French attendees anyway.

I know a good few that post on here and contribute to the forum, and they understand the events and how they work more. So all I can say is that everyone won't be tainted with the same brush, and everyone should be treated as an individual.

I don't care if you're French or English or whatever - in the end, you just have to respect everyone else while you're there, and be considerate to fellow attendees and guests. That isn't anything to do with nationality, but common sense and decency.

well i met a loverly group of french girls and i didnt find them rude at all they were really friendly polite girls .little jane and bella were with us .

Im sure there is no animosity towards you and besides that you have just as much right to be there as anyone else ,people come together at these cons because they love twilight and they love meeting up with all their new friends again ,and make lots of new ones at each con.you shouldnt have to appologise for someone elses behavior either .as long as you didnt behave in an appalling manner dont be worrying about what people think of you,im sure some english were just as bad as those french girls .there are good and bad no matter where you live or what language you speak .dont worry about it long as you had a nice time and your coming back for et4 then the uncivilized ones havent achieved anything except make themselves look pathetic xx

Oh It was my friend and I. :)

Little Jane and little Bella was adorable! When we asked Jane to make a wicked grin, she was superb in this role! :wub:

I just hope you don't put all the French in the same group. All fans have their own reaction in events.

Another thing I forgot to mention- me and my friend stayed at the Holiday Express Inn, and we spent over £20 just on car parking! We had to pay everytime we parked on the Hilton, at the park inn you don't have to do that. We walked in the freezing cold to save paying twice on one day on the saturday, but there was no way we were going to walk for 25 mins in heels and prom dresses! Just anoter point.

Here is my feedback on an overall amazing weekend!

Personally I found the venue a bit too big..it is confusing to find stuff and it was also hard to figure out where things was. I know they had monitors up but they weren't always updated and just had the general info...had to ask several times where the guest ecounters were etc and also a bit diff to find the registration desk when I registered. So a bit too big, a middle ground between Park Inn and Hilton Metropole, Birmingham would be reat..if there is a venue somewhere between those sized hotels that is. Also with Park Inn it's more central and easy to get necessities if you forget stuff at home. The Hilton has ridiculous prices.

Also in some areas, the AC must have been turned on full blast or something...FREEZING cold, poor Tinsel Korey was VERY cold it seemed in the autograph room. That was too cold.

Gotta say that the Twilight food court was ok though...not to bad prices for food and what you got was ok but maybe see if there is any possibility to make sure you have food to buy for vegans too? (I am not a vegan but many are).

The Gold Drinks reception. A bit unorganized IMO. Yes all the guests did get to my table but Tinsel Korey got cut off! She was at my table for like 5 min time. Not the poor girl's fault who told us...but something with the orginzation perhaps. Also EXTREMELY hard to hear what the guests did say. It all kinda was in a blur, I did enjoy the drinks and snacks..nice with some cake too so that was a plus.

The dealers room: I don't really have any complaints but the author Richelle Mead was suppose to sign her books in there..and if she had we'd have the chance to take pics with her. She was moved into the autograph room at the last minute and thus no pic taken. Couldn't that been arranged otherwise so she could have stayed in the dealers room? It would have been a nice option for a photograph with her..or a seperate photo session with her like with the other guests?

Guests: No complaints whatsoever, they were all lovely, poor Kiowa seemed very tired though...jetlag really is a bitch! My fave guy overall has to be Christopher Heyerdahl..how can someone who plays such creepy characters on screen be so sweet and funny? Also they seemed to have a thing for playing musical chairs of sorts...LMAO! Funny stuff.

Guest encounters: NO complaints whatsoever...I got into 3 of them and enjoyed it. Not sure if the lists could have been placed in a more accessible way or not..but don't have any complaints really.

Parties: I think they went ok, gotta say a bit TOO heavy with the smoke effects though...maybe cut down on that a bit... Music wise...well some cool stuff and some stuff I didn't care for (techno) but it has to be for everyone so no complaints really.

Attendees: no complaints whatsoever...All I met and hung out with was lovely, fun and easy to chat with.

Would it be possible to have the signs for the Silver seats like you do for the Golds? I noticed some Standards sneaking like ninjas a row forward, which I thought was cheeky!

Silvers do not get reserved seating, so the us standards were not being cheeky at all :)

Was there any tickets that had "ability to go and sit with the golds even though you don't have a gold ticket"? No? Weird ..

Exactly David! I was sitting behind the last row of golds for every talk and I spotted standards sitting infront of me. That is what I thought was was "sneaking like ninjas"!

lol some people seemed to think so...............weird lol

99% of the attendees are absolutely awesome and really make the con, thats a big reason why I go :wub:

always sad there are the odd few that dont want to play the game

I agree!

Some people found Peter off at LFCC after everyone said how brilliant he was at ET1, but circumstances are different etc like you say. I'm sure loads will meet him at ET4 and have a proper chance to see him

And the poor bloke must have had major jet lag because of the forgotten passport saga - I think to carry off a zillion photoshoots (and look gooood!) so that the Saturday peeps didn't miss out was lovely of him and very professional. He apologised to Jess and shook her hand because of the no photos at the auto desk and thanked us for coming. Lovely, lovely chap - can't wait to see him again :wub:

okay , heres my suggestion for the seat numbering/reserving for next talk.

I reckon it would be really tricky with stickers cos the chairs are moved daily for the evening parties,

so...............

How about everyone is given a ribbon and asked to write their pass number on it

then when the hall is loaded in the morning, the tie their ribbon round the handle at the top of the chair.

At the end of the day, they remove their own ribbon and take it for the following day

and repeat the same for the sunday

That way, there are no stickers stuck to the chairs, and all attendees would be responsible for the ribbons

cos there is no way there would be time for crew to cut all the ribbons off when stacking the chairs on the sunday for the sunday party.

I really like that idea actually.... good thinking!! Even if its a little piece of card with string!! :P:wub:

I'm gonna stick in my two cents about Charlie now.. We were with him for quite a bit each night at the parties and stuff, but that's only because HE came over to US, we didn't swarm him. He was tired, yes, but he still made the effort to interact and stuff, and he wore his Bewlier bracelet all of Sunday (check your photos!). He did our interview in his own time when he didn't have to, and was just soso lovely! He came and said goodnight to us on the Sunday, and then on Monday morning he came over to say bye, and was talking for ages until the group of French girls who had been stalking him all weekend decided to try and swarm him, so he left.

I got the lift with Richelle, and she gave me the biggest dirtiest look ever- didn't think much of her after that.

I'm gonna apologise now if I saw you Friday night and I was a bit of a fanny, I drank so much rose in the drinks reception (Charlie's words were "You better pace yourself girls, or you'll burn out!") and I was really out of it, sorry! :P Did love that drinks reception though! Jamie told us off for eating all the pombears ^.^

I liked the Hilton as a venue! Even if it was a bit cold, suck it up and be a man! You can always put a cardie on or something. Didn't like how the photo room and the signing room were opposite ends of the hotel though, I had to run like billio from one to the other to be on time for the Bewlier photos! Nearly died. Loved how they didn't lock the swimming pool too- me & Talie went late night dive bombing :') Sorry for all the wet hugs!

I personally think this has been the best one I've been to so far :wub:

• Showmasters Admin

Loading the hall:

The biggest problem with having the seats numbered is that if people are with friends that did not book together they WILL be apart all afternoon. And we will have the situation where someone is ticket G15 and they are on the end of an aisle and their friend who is G16 will be on the other side of the hall.

We have looked at and discussed every possible way of seating the hall and we decided this is the fairest way to do it and so people can sit next to friends if they want to.

Seats in the hall:

People should NOT be holding seats for others. If you see this happen, please DO tell the crew.

I find it interesting about the "going out with a friends gold pass to get someone else in". I shall have a think about that.

I understand that the silvers wish to have their own section. And I shall discuss this with the office.

Chris not personalising on Sunday:

We HATE doing it. And trust me if there was anything else we could have done we would have. We did everything we could to speed up his line on Saturday, but we just did not get through enough people. At 10am on Sunday it became very clear that if we didn't do something else that over 200 people would not get to see him at all. Even with doing it, we only JUST got everyone through. I understand it's not good and as I say we never do it lightly. Out of 25+ cons (over 130 guests) we've done now, we've only had to do it 3 times. So it's not something that is a regular occurrence. Again sorry to those that it effected.

Gold Pass reception:

We can look at it being a bigger room next time.

I'm afraid the idea of having one on Friday and one on Saturday will not work as the guests go to the meal on Saturday night.

With 10 tables, every table gets 5 minutes per guest. I think this was one of the best one's we've had. I think the tables worked as it gave a point for the guests to go to and it made sure everyone got to see every guest. We could look at smaller groups but then you're looking at less time per table. Have 15 tables of 10 and that's only 3.5 mins per table.

Room temps:

Sorry about this, we asked on numerous occasions for it to be sorted. It will be on the list of discussion items to have with the hotel.

Edited by Too Tall

I am really sad that so many feel that our French neighbours spoiled things. I very quickly realised that their mumblings during the talks was due to an interpretation thing. On Sunday morning one poor girls was crying outside because her...I think, her step mother had died and she wasn't going to be home unitl Monday. I had to give her a hug. I think it's lovely that all nationalities get together for our one common interest my only problem...why didn't Charlie etc translate their French for us? I would love to know what he said so if any of you French girls can oblige I would be really grateful! :P Actually makes me feel slightly ashamed I didn't pay more attention to French at school.... :wub:

I see some comment about the Frenchies...ok I do agree shouting out in French at the talks is a bit too much..but I had NO bad experience with the Frenchies, they were all lovely to me. As for ppl crowding/stalking the guests, I saw Christopher being surrounded by some ppl at Sat night so I never bothered to get up to him then. Just said hi when he passed by me etc..I did not have any need to stalk them.

As for ppl commenting on Kiowa and Charlie. I also heard Kiowa was tired...jet lag is a bitch! Yes I know that full well myself so that explains why he was not as outgoing as say many of the other guests...I thought he was absolutely lovely at our table at the drinks reception though. Very sweet guy.

Charlie, he cracks me up, he is full of BS sometimes and I mean that in a GOOD way. He joked around alot and he was genuinly honest at the guest encounter I was in the guest encounter when he said he was low on blood sugar, he had been "foolish" to go to the gym there and working out and not eating afterwards. I told him "get some food!" as the encounter ended lol. It started slow to break the ice kinda bit but when ppl felt more comfy he was on top form LOL. Thanks to Charlie I wil never look at James Bond the same again..LMFAO.

So no complaints about Charlie for me, he was funny and charming too.

As for the author Richelle Mead I have never heard of her and I told her so too at the book signing, she said "Oh now I feel the pressure..hope you enjoy the book!" lol. She seemed sweet to me. Wish I could tell her I AM enjoying the book but slightly confused about what it is all about (apart that it's about vamps!).

As for those ppl who have encountered bad staff and being told to change..wtf? I'd kick up a stink if that had happened to me! NO way I'd be paying the prices at the hotel and being told to go change just cos you wore slippers and having housekeeping staff blocking my room entry..I'd tell them off AND demanded to speak to their supervisor! That is just NOT how you treat hotel guests period!

I had to wait at the bar for almost 45 for a drink but they told me they were waiting for a fresh batch of whipped cream...I ordered an Irish Coffee LOL. The bar staff was nice enough.

Upon checkin I was offered a choice of smoking and non smoking room, the lady asked me how close to the lift I wanted to be and even on which floor I wanted to be! I was floored lol. I had also done a mistake in my booking so they had me checking in on the Thursday..not the Friday. I was embarrassed of course with that stupidity but when I got my bill they never charged me for that night..That was cool!

I know a lot of the intimacy was lost due to the size in numbers so we were never going to get the Prom vibe from Charlie this time, but I also think (and I'm probably wrong) he has changed his perspective of the conventions too. He does still give a lot back to his fans but part of me feels he is so used to crowds of fans that the cons have become more of a job (don't think this is the right word) than a time to enjoy himself like he did at the beginning of it all.

Don't get me wrong I really adore Charlie, he is a very intelligent, deep thinking, funny man who is very good looking, and I would never say anything bad about him. Everyone changes and adapts to situations they are placed in and so it is to be expected that he will too, he is only human after all.

Just on another point the swarming of guests, ME/SM do tell attendees not to do this as it does ruin the event for both guests and other attendees who abide by the rules.

I did go over to Charlie on one occasion but that was because my friend had my room key, I needed to go back up there and was over in that direction. I didnt even know he was there till I walked straight past him. He actually stopped me a little later on to ask me if I was ok, which was pretty sweet of him.

But that by the by, the only other way I can think of to combat this is to give attendees a harsher warning i.e you swarm the guests then you will no longer be able to attend our events??

Or make it so some of the autos and photo sessions are in the night at the events so once attendees have had their minute with them they get left alone?

Or make the events smaller and the guests attending a maximum of 3?

Or have a seperate room groups of attendees are taken in and get the opportunity of spending time mingling with the guests in a more civilised manner, like at the guest encounters. I know that this is what happens for gold as its a privilege for the extra cost, but what if ME/SM put a bench mark price on all the tickets and they all became standard to an extent?

These are only my thinking out loud, and I hope I havent opened a can of worms :wub:

I was infront of a group of french girls in the talks, and they would not stop talking and giggling the whole way through! Eventually i got so fed up with it that i turnt around, looked them all in the eyes and made my point for them to be quiet that way. And they did proceed to be quiet for all of 5mins! But, i wud have been the same regardless if they were french, german, irish, english or aliens for all i care lol Rudeness is just rudeness regardless of where u come from. We all pay alot of money to be there so i expect to be able to actually hear the talks.....

Edited by Team Paul

I certainly hope NO ONE, French, Spanish, British, German or whatever is put off from attending the shows. There are rude people in all cultures and my way of dealing with rudies is to walk away, I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of ruining my time. As a crew member I really enjoy meeting all you guys and I have to honestly say that I didn't meet anyone that was anything less than nice at the show.

ET3 was my first Twilight convention, and first convention at all. I spent a great week-end !!

Venue

I wasn't in the Hilton, but during the day, I have to say that it was cold ! But I liked that we weren't crowded.

What I disliked the more is the restaurant near by the hotel. There were a few of them and they closed very early . Fortunately, there were the Twilight court with food !

Guests

I think, like all of you, Jamie is my favourite guest ! I was very surprised and I enjoyed all the talks he was in ! He is my "crush"on this weekend !

Christopher was also a nice guy ! So funny, always smiling, talks without him was less funnier I think ^^

Charlie, as I expected ^^ too bad that he was so crowded by people ! On the saturday morning, with one of my friend we had the chance to talk to him a few minutes because there weren't any people waiting for autograph, it was really nice, I love his accent while he speak french ! (too hard for him to understand me speaking english ^^ *shame on me*).

Tinsel, I liked her tee-shirt on sunday photoshoot. She was so nice and warmly !

Kiowa I have to say that I had a bad impression of him during the talks and autographs. But I can't say he is antisocial (like I read) or something else because I don't know him...

Talks

I enjoyed the talks, even if I understood just a part of what it has been said! I had to translate for my friend and I hope I didn't bother anyone who was staying near by.

I read all you said about French people and I had to say that : I was stunned. The impression you have about french people... wow I hadn't realize that some of us were so... horrible !

But like someone said, it's not just about being french or other personalities...

but, anyway, a big thank you for the crew who did an excellent job ! And, by the way, you were very brave for being successful to understand french people (like me) while they spoke english ^^

The end words : this week-end will be in my good memories for a long time !

Talks

I enjoyed the talks, even if I understood just a part of what it has been said! I had to translate for my friend and I hope I didn't bother anyone who was staying near by.

I read all you said about French people and I had to say that : I was stunned. The impression you have about french people... wow I hadn't realize that some of us were so... horrible !

But like someone said, it's not just about being french or other personalities...

but, anyway, a big thank you for the crew who did an excellent job ! And, by the way, you were very brave for being successful to understand french people (like me) while they spoke english ^^

The end words : this week-end will be in my good memories for a long time !

I wondered actually, lots of people were complaining that people speaking other languages were talking through the talks, but those I heard were translating for those with them, perhaps you guys could have an area in the talks room together so that you can happily translate for each other without feeling that you are disturbing anyone else.

I am always so impressed with people that are multi-lingual, and ashamed that I am not.

I did get a big cheer from a group of french when I said "merci" in the auto queue for Tinsel lmao I am rubbish at french!!!!!

I met loads of lovely french people during my day on Sunday and had loads of fun

Favourite french name of the weekend? Aurore, really pretty name :wub:

I wondered actually, lots of people were complaining that people speaking other languages were talking through the talks, but those I heard were translating for those with them, perhaps you guys could have an area in the talks room together so that you can happily translate for each other without feeling that you are disturbing anyone else.

why not ^^ but it depends where this area will be, some people will always sit where they want if the place doesn't fit them.

I am always so impressed with people that are multi-lingual, and ashamed that I am not.

come to France so :( you'll learn another language ^^

I did get a big cheer from a group of french when I said "merci" in the auto queue for Tinsel lmao I am rubbish at french!!!!!

I met loads of lovely french people during my day on Sunday and had loads of fun

Favourite french name of the weekend? Aurore, really pretty name :(

I don't know if I met you during this week-end !

Each time an english person talked in french, I felt happy because you tried ^^ (and I really love your accent ^^)

when I was 16 I did french o'level and my best friend at the time, her mum was french.

she always made me speak french when I went over to natalies house lol

but I am 38 now, and have forgotten most of it

we went to euro disney a few years ago, and I had to speak french a few times when we went out of disney for the day to surrounding areas. - it was sooooo hard

(I was ticketing for Tinsel and Kiowa all morning Sunday)

i loved the weekend- and the new venue is great! i think it went really well in all aspects and well done for adding new stuff like richelle mead, john henson and having a food court.

on the subject of food, i wasnt able to eat anything because i have a gluten intolerance, so maybe for next otime you could have something sorted out for people with special dietry requirements. i dont know if the food was supplied by the hotel, and if so i understand that it would be better to talk with them.

but anyways i met some really great people and i loved the gold pass drinks reception- i already have my gold ticket for next time! so thanks so much massive events team, and i will see you for the bitten convention and et4 later on in the year, oh, and good luck in trying to get some great guests for us- i know youre aiming high for et4!!

(alexander skarsgard for bitten please!!!)

lauren (saharasplash) xxxx

I really enjoy all the weekend :)

I only would say that if someone are angry with something that did the spanish people (only 5), i'm very very very sorry...I Talk little in the Talks because i have to translate to my friend that what are they talking...

I really didnt mind the French, germans and Spanish translating in the talks. All the one's i met were incredibly friendly, and we got along really well. Though the idea suggested above about an area for people for whom english isnt the primary language could be a good idea - but it'd be really difficult to work out. Overall i think it was wonderful that people from so many different countries came together to show their love for Twilight