Hostels, hotels & traveling info

AutoBot

We're booked since I think about 4 weeks now. Weren't sure all four of us could get time off, so we had to wait. We're about 5 mins walk away, and quite cheaply (GBP 90 a night for 4-person room with kitchenette, so we can actually have breakfast before getting in line at 6 AM)

were in the ibis but as we left it so long to book sat night went from 60 to 114 a night still cant complain though as the 7 year old can't complain she has to far to walk lol

I booked a 6 bedded room at the Boka, it is just round the corner and works out £60 each for the weekend.

I stayed in it last year so would recomend it.

Good, that's where we're staying too :-)

I booked a 6 bedded room at the Boka, it is just round the corner and works out £60 each for the weekend.

I stayed in it last year so would recomend it.

Good, that's where we're staying too :-)

It's basic but good for the price.

Last year when we had 4 bedded we had 2 bed rooms with tv/dvd, bath room and tiny tiny kitchen. THere was a mess up with our friends room because they over booked but they admited it and paid for them to stay in an other hotel.

Hey guys don't know if this has been mentioned yet but for anyone staying north of the venue the victoria line (tube) will be closed all weekend. Just mentioning it just in case it affects anyone as i saw it the other day when i was up there.

thanks! ill be writing that on the back of my hand then lol... is been to long since i used the tube i was just getting the hang of it then i havent been in london for a year lol

I've stayed at the Boka twice now, and even a single room with bathroom and kitchen is just £40 a night with a breakfast included, served by a strange oriental man who insists on everybody sitting together even though there are plenty of other tables available! anybody else had that? :whistling:

• 1 month later...

Hey guys don't know if this has been mentioned yet but for anyone staying north of the venue the victoria line (tube) will be closed all weekend. Just mentioning it just in case it affects anyone as i saw it the other day when i was up there.

We'll be going from Gatwick Airport to London Victoria, is that the one you are referring to? Will we not be able to take a tube from London Victoria to Earls Court?

We'll be going from Gatwick Airport to London Victoria, is that the one you are referring to? Will we not be able to take a tube from London Victoria to Earls Court?

No it's not the line being referred to. There is more than one tube line that goes through Victoria station, and the Victoria line is just one of them, and it's not the one you need.

From Victoria, take a westbound District line train (shown on maps and in station signage as being the green line). There are basically 3 branches of the District line going west, all of which will suit you.

* If the train is going to Wimbledon (or another stop on the Wimbledon branch, such as Fulham Broadway), get on the train, stay on it at Earls Court, and get off at West Brompton.

* If the train is marked as going to either Richmond or Ealing Broadway, then take the train to Earl's Court. At this point you can either

** wait for a District line train on the Wimbledon branch to take you the one stop to West Brompton (I would suggest this is only sensible if it is imperative that you walk as little as possible, and/or have time to kill waiting for another train); or

** I would suggest leaving Earl's Court station and walking. Make sure that you leave at the Warwick Road end of the station, NOT the Earl's Court Road end of the station.

There is an excellent map on page 2 of this pdf, which shows where West Brompton Station is, where the two exits from Ear's Court station are, and where EC2 is. And it has a scale on so you can see it's not that much of a walk from either station.

I'm now at Hotel Lilly for Saturday night. Anyone else staying there?

I'm hoping that one has got better. When it was used as a crew hotel some years ago there were some reports about nasty rooms. I'll keep my fingers crossed you have more luck!