Hostels, hotels & traveling info

AutoBot

Could anyone recommend a cheap hostel (or worst case scenario, a cheap hotel) that is somewhat near the event? Preferably a 5-15 minutes bus or cabdrive to the event.

Also, I have the option of flying to either Stansted or Gatwick, which one of these two airports are closest to where LFCC is going to be held? Do they have shuttles that will take you nearby that place?

These are the main questions at this point, I'm sure more will follow later, but what's most important is to have all the travel & staying arrangements made in good time before the event.

I usually book the Ibis, but that isn't exactly a cheap hostel.

Regarding travel I'm afraid I can't help with Gatwick.

For Stanstead you have to get into town using the Stanstead Express, and then go on by Tube. There is no direct shuttle that I am aware of, and I'm pretty sure it's the same with Gatwick.

Would that be the Easy Hotel at London Earls Court?

It's only called Easy Hotel though, not Jet in between.

Would recommend the Premier Inn London Kensington Olympia - good food in the hotel and local area (inc Sainburys for good cheap lunches), good prices and close to the event and close to the Earls court tube.

:(

Cheapest I could find was about 179 punds for two adults & two days. I think that's a little steep with our budget I'm afraid.

Checked out the Ibis and it was definitely not in my price-range for 2 nights.

I have used the Easy Jet Hotel

Works for me

:thumbup:

How close is this place to the event? I looked them up and the prices were pretty affordable.

Still interested in any other suggestions people may have, a hostel is preferable.

There's Hostel 639 out next to Kensal Green station, about 20mins by underground to West Brompton station, the closest for Earls Court

http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/hostel-639...kout=2010-07-18

I've stayed there once, it was quite lively. That's currently £13 a night pp. Or £15 if you want the option to cancel.

Or if you want close there's the Earls Court Hotel, can't get much closer. There's one left for £120 for a twin.

Just use Booking.com select London, and sort by Price

Cromwell Court Hotel looks pretty cheap £100 for a double, two nights

http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/cromwellcr...kout=2010-07-18

Edited by TerraHawk

Regarding travel I'm afraid I can't help with Gatwick.

For Stanstead you have to get into town using the Stanstead Express, and then go on by Tube. There is no direct shuttle that I am aware of, and I'm pretty sure it's the same with Gatwick.

Yep same for Gatwick. Need to get the gatwick express into london then tube or busses.

Have you thought about room sharing with anyone, as this would bring costs down for all parties concerned .

Friends and I are at the IBIS which is very close to Earls Court , and due to recent announcements of guest prices, we are now looking to reduce the hotel costs.

If this is an option you'd consider, let us know.

Ok, we've decided to go for the Easy Jet Hotel.

Now, is there anything you can do in this part of London for fun? Any bars & stuff? Shopping malls? We'll be there for 3 days instead of 2, so we need to keep ourselves busy whenever we're not on the convention.

• 2 months later...

it looks like the hotel n hostels are filling up for lfcc already!!!

Already? It's two months to go until the event only. :D That's a quite short time when it's about hotel bookings.

I've had my room booked since last year.

Edited by Queen_Sindel