some amazing secrets that you would not know about ET

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

here is some fun things that you may not know

Fact 1 it takes around 45 crew to work of 3 days from 8 am to 8 pm to make ET run smoothly

Fact 2 Too Tall drinks around 30 pints of milk over a con weekend

Fact 3 Jason and Mark have there phone on 24 -7 for the week before and over the days of ET so agents and

guest can ring them if there are any issues , so they can fix them

Fact 4 Gemma is the person that kept bugging us to run a Twilight event , so with out her these events would

never have happened

Fact 5 ET was the first twilight con to be promoted in the world

Fact 6 a first class round trip flight from LA cost around £5000 to £10,000 guest need these so they arive

fresh and awake for the con

Fact 6 we have a green room were the guest can rest , lots of sweets and food get chucked around in there

at times , who dose this i just cannot say

Fact 7 or photographers can take around 400 photos an hour with no blinks and good sharp images and run

them for up to 5 hours with out a rest , as they are not human but are robots, not really thats a joke

Fact 8 we use around 300 to 500 ballons over the weekend

Fact 9 the crew are just like you fans that have volantered to work the con and help make it happen .

Fact 10 Mark works mornings and starts at 7 am and ends his day at around 11 pm Jason dose nights and

gets up at around 1 pm to 5 am , he is the last on the dace floor

Fact 11 Roxy is often the last crew person on the dace floor

Fact 12 each guest has a agent or representative with them at every con they all have to be flown in with the

guests

Fact 13 guest can get work for films right up to the day they are going to fly out to come to the con , so most

flights have to be changed at least once for half of the guest and one or two have to be booked the

day they are flying out , which keeps Mark on his toes and means he has no sleep

Fact 14 we do think we will get all the cast of the twilight film at least once to an ET con :o

Fact 15 the cost of Twilight guest have doubled sins the 1st ET as there demand has been so great

Fact 16 Jason has worked with Robert Pattinson twice before and has his mobile number in his phone

Fact 17 the agents tell us if a guest will take part in photo ops , talks , and guest encounters , if it is not

agreed the agent on the day will not let them take part , thats why some guest do not take part in

some activities

Fact 18 at ET 1 it took 2 hours to put all the stickers onto the apples

Fact 19 so far most of the guest have ask to keep the directors chairs after the con , when we tell them we

auction them off they then ask us to make one more for them and send it to them .

Fact 20 we ask around 20 guest to attend each event we aim to book 5 to 6 guests depending on the fees

and flights needed some times it comes together quickly and other times its very hard but in the end

we get there

Fact 21 lots of the bigger guest will not commit to attending a con till around 1 to 2 moths out from an event

as they do to know if they will be working on a film

Fact 22 as yet no guests agents have said out right NO to attending an event so all guests are posable at this

time

Fact 23 Mark's drink is a Archers and Lemonade which is a girls drink ;) and he likes cats

Fact 24 Jason's drink is a Sirrus Cider which is more of a mans drink ;) and he likes KFC

Fact 25 if we had to pick between Robert or Taylor for a ET who would we pick BOTH ;)

Fact 26 Davie works on con gifts, art , posters and t shirts 6 days a week and works on 4 cons at one time to

keep up with the work that need to be done

Fact 27 we would love to bring Cat Man to one of the ET cons

Fact 28 we work on freebees for around 4 weeks with a team of up to 6 people behind the items you get

Fact 29 SJ can put together a web site in around 2 hours if she likes the con and 4 months if she dose not like

the con ;) and she dose this for free as this is how she can help to make it happen for us all

Fact 30 Dom the DJ has more fun than you all at the partys

well i hope this is of interest to you all and shins some light on things you may not know , and its been a bit of fun ;)

massive events

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

You guys must be mega stressed all of the time!

if we did not all love doing what we do here we so would not be doing it

its a life style not a job we play hard and party hard

thank you for letting us run these events for you we would not change anything

and its so nice to see so many happy people over the weekend

see you all there soon

The Massive Events team

The reason the events are so great, sucessful and popular is because it is run by fans. I have been to a bunch of events before ME that were ran as a strict buisness, less personal and definatly a lot less thought involved.

Number 16 has gave me hope of having Robert at an event :lol:

Loved these facts! I must get my hands on that phone, although I think Rob's number would be changed pretty soon afterwards!

I personally would be happy to pay more for future ET events providing we continue to get good guests (in particular Cullen's) as if the price to book the actors has gone up then you guys have to find that money somewhere.

Keep up all the good work, it's appreciated.

So as I sit here eating my tea and toast.... A very wicked plan is forming....

1) Ply Jason with copious amounts of sirrus cider

2) treat him to his fave food KFC

3) steal his phone when he is in a catatonic state between drunkeness and food heaven...

RPattz willlllll be miiiiinnnnneeeee heeheee suckers!!!!

(please note the above is a joke)

Edited by SugarSpunSister

1) Ply Jason with copious amounts of sirrus cider

2) treat him to his fave food KFC

3) steal his phone when he is in a catatonic state between drunkeness and food heaven...

RPattz willlllll be miiiiinnnnneeeee heeheee suckers!!!!

(please note the above is a joke)

:lol:

Loved these facts! I must get my hands on that phone, although I think Rob's number would be changed pretty soon afterwards!

I personally would be happy to pay more for future ET events providing we continue to get good guests (in particular Cullen's) as if the price to book the actors has gone up then you guys have to find that money somewhere.

Keep up all the good work, it's appreciated.

I totally agree with everything you said!! :thumbup: