ETERNAL TWILIGHT 3

Massive Events

Me again.. :D

When will be the auctions for the guest encounters? And will there be just one auction for all 4 encounters or will you split it into 4 auctions, so that everybody can see, how expensive they approximately will be after the first auction?

And, how long is such an auction?

I know, a lot of questions, but it´s my first convention and i´m a little bit nervous...

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlie's sold out at Proms.

Thank you for the correction, I completely missed that one then!

Me again.. :D

When will be the auctions for the guest encounters? And will there be just one auction for all 4 encounters or will you split it into 4 auctions, so that everybody can see, how expensive they approximately will be after the first auction?

And, how long is such an auction?

I know, a lot of questions, but it´s my first convention and i´m a little bit nervous...

The auctions start some time in the morning Saturday and Sunday. Sunday guest encounters will only be auctioned on Sunday, the auctions are not going on at the same time.

Sheets of paper will be put up on a board, normally somewhere near the registraton desk. It's one sheet per auction, everything is separate. The end time (usually about an hour or so before the encounter) will also be clearly posted on the board.

I've seen guest encounters go for 200 pounds plus, and others for 5 pounds... there's really no way to tell. Usually the guest encounters on Sunday are a bit cheaper than Saturday, but that may be my imagination. :YAHOO:

Edited by Queen_Sindel

that would be good.

It's a shame were not in the same group cos we could have gone together to make it easier on malcom :D

never mind the guests, I'll stalk you!!! Haha

Ha ha ha ok so if I see someone stalking me I know it's you!

Will they sell pics of the guests which we can use for the signing? Or shall we bring pics with us?

You will get a set of pictures with your registration packs.

Also there is usually at least one stall in the dealers area selling pictures.

But if you're after specific photos you best bring something with you.

• Moderators

Will they sell pics of the guests which we can use for the signing? Or shall we bring pics with us?

You will get one 8x10 photo of each guest in your registration pack that you can use for signing - there will also be some on sale in the dealers room if you don't like the provided ones.

Edit: QS beat me to it :D

Edited by etmuse

• Showmasters Admin

OOer is there a limit on how many photos are taken with each guest? Just for example if Bewliers have 3 each taken will that stop others who havent met him getting one or have I misunderstood?:D

Ultimately there is a limit on time. But we usually try and fit everyone in.

Aren't there two sets of guest encounters on the Sunday how will you know which set you're bidding on :/

i imagine there'd be a different sheet for each time - i'm sure thats how it was done at Chevron 7.4

Chevron only had one set of guest encounters per day, unless I missed something. :D

But yes, there should be different sheets for each time.

• Showmasters Admin

Aren't there two sets of guest encounters on the Sunday how will you know which set you're bidding on :/

i imagine there'd be a different sheet for each time - i'm sure thats how it was done at Chevron 7.4

Chevron only had one set of guest encounters per day, unless I missed something. :D

But yes, there should be different sheets for each time.

Yes there are different sheets, one for EACH GE.

• Moderators

You can bid on as many guest encounters as you want, even ones running at the same time (although obviously if you were one of the winners in 2 that were simultaneous you would only be able to GO to one of them...)

There will only be one sheet (assuming the space doesn't run out when an additional page will have to be added... I've seen it happen) for each particular GE - so on Saturday morning there will be (I assume) 10 auction sheets up, one for each of the 10 encounters that will take place that afternoon.

Edited by etmuse

You can bid on as many guest encounters as you want, even ones running at the same time (although obviously if you were one of the winners in 2 that were simultaneous you would only be able to GO to one of them...)

I'm good, but not good enough to be able to split myself in two. At least, not yet, though I'm working on it. :D However, thank you for the clarification.

• Showmasters Admin

what time could we have additionnal photos and autographes ?

They work the same as your normal photos and autographs, so you can have them any time after your group has been called.

Not quite!

Extra photos: If possible we like people to have all of their extra photo shoots at the same time as their first one. It takes a lot less time to take 2 or 3 pictures of someone when they are already there than it does to have them come through the queue 2 or 3 times.

Saying this, it's a request not a rule and should you buy an extra photo after having had your first one you can join again at any time.

Extra autographs: When your group is called to come down an autograph queue for the first time there is a limit of your one free autograph and two extra autographs. If you require more than 3 autographs from a single guest or buy an extra one autograph after having been down that guests queue, you must wait until the queue is open (i.e. all the groups have been called), before joining the queue a second time to get these extras.

Basically it's not very fair if someone goes down twice before someone else has been down once. so once you're been down once you need to wait for everyone else to be seen before going down the queue a second time.

Edited by Too Tall