Do you want to meet cast from The West Wing ?

showmasters

Never watched it. John Spencer died in 2005, so unless SM are going to bring us Martin Sheen, Rob Lowe or Jimmy Smits.

It would be nice if you could tell us Stephen Collins isn't attending though. Since that cat's been let out the bag and all.

This is like saying "unless you bring us RDA, don't bother with Stargate guests". What about Alison Janney? Dule Hill? Janel Moloney? Richard Schiff? Bradley Whitford? Rob Lowe left at the end of the Sorkin era.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG YES PLEASE...one of the best shows EVER!!! If you haven't seen it, it is an absolute must. Great writing and stunning performances from all!!

I would love to meet :

Bradley Whitford

Alison Janney

Janel Moloney

Joshua Malina

Stockard Channing

Alan Alda

Edward James Olmos

Tim Matheson

Adam Arkin

Alan Dale

Jimmy Smits

Jason Isaacs

Christian Slater

...and obviously Martin Sheen and Mark Harmon, but guessing, that wouldn't happen!

OMG I had forgotten how many great actors were in this show...legen..wait for it...dary stuff!!

Please please please SM - this would be GREAT!!!!

Edited by trick of the tail

I'm not going to say who as it's not fair to Showmasters, but at least one of the guests Showmasters are talking to has mentioned online that they are in negotiations for C16. Let me just say that if this guest gets confirmed it is quite frankly the BEST guest star possible and I'll be spending a lot of money on them!

The West Wing? Strange request from SM?

Thing is, as an organizer, I know that it's tempting to stick to the shows that are good bets for guests. Heroes, BG, Star Trek, Stargate, and similar SF shows. But you need to grow, and embracing other genres is a good way to do it.

Look, personally I loved SG-1 - for eight years at least. But I also loved Frasier. I'd be just as happy to meet David Hyde Pierce as I was to meet Amanda Tapping. I don't understand why these events have to be just about SF?

Part of the problem is that The West Wing is not aimed at 22 year olds (neither was Fraiser for that matter). And while the average age at SM conventions is somewhat higher than certain other conventions I could mention, I'd still imagine the vast majority of people are under 25; and a show like The West Wing, or Fraiser, is generally going to be meaningless to them. I don't mean that in an insulting way, it's just got nothing for them to relate to.

Edited by MikeDonovan

Ok we are thinking about getting guests from the West Wing, we here all love this show so much but we do not know if anyone else would be interested in meeting guests from this show and getting there autos from them ?

if we did we would start with supporting cast then if there was the interest then we would try for the bigger names , so let us know if you want to meet the cast and we will start to see who we can get . :pyth:

so have your say and do let us know :chair:

also if you really want to meet the cast then if you can let others know we are planning this it will halp make it happen as if we see there is a good demand for these guests then we will go after them , so your help will make this reality .

let hope there are many fans out there

thanks

jason

SM perhaps it would have been better to have asked the question via a poll? You would have a clear yes or no and even yes for other roles played (that way you could pick-up if people was looking at West Wing and part the actors have played else where). It would save sifting through the comments which can be done at a later date once you have got a feel of which way to go.

Just a thought.

Never watched it, but have heard it's good, will probably catch it at some point.

Would like to meet some of the actors already mentioned for their other work.

From a non-scifi/cult perspective, I'm surprised that The West Wing is being considered ahead of CSI and other crime shows, as I always got the impression that the latter has a much wider fan base.

If you're not going for main cast, I'd certainly pay to meet every one of these people purely for their roles on The West Wing (and I imagine some would have a great deal of appeal for other shows):

NiCole Robinson

Melissa Fitzgerald

Kim Webster

Lily Tomlin

Kathryn Joosten

Timothy Busfield

Elisabeth Moss

Moira Kelly

John Amos

Anna Deavere Smith

Gary Cole

Tim Matheson

Teri Polo

Marlee Matlin

Michael O'Neill

Kathleen York

Janeane Garofalo

Emily Procter

Oliver Platt

Mark Harmon

Taye Diggs

• Showmasters Admin

I'm not going to say who as it's not fair to Showmasters, but at least one of the guests Showmasters are talking to has mentioned online that they are in negotiations for C16. Let me just say that if this guest gets confirmed it is quite frankly the BEST guest star possible and I'll be spending a lot of money on them!

thank you for not letting on till its contract is agreed and i do think we are talking about the same person vampireslayer3 and its funny i thought you might like this person for some resion ? ;-D but thanks so much for not letting it out :wub:

i love the West Wing so much you don't know , so to find out you like it to is great , as you know this guest is in another show that there are a lot of fans out there that may care about meeting her ,well do you think you could help us let these fans know she is coming to the event when it gos public ?

as you know it will help us a lot if as many fans know that they are in the UK, this will also help us cover getting this guest here and mean we could get other guest from the West Wing and other shows as well in the future , we need to build up to some of the big names from the show or get guest like this were they have sevral shows that may interest the fans , so are you up for helping us with promoting this guest vampireslayer3 ? i do think you could really help us on this one and in return we can look after you when you get to meet this guest so lets see if we can work something out ;)

i would love to here from you and others when everyone know who it is ;)

i am glad you like this guest and talk more when we get to put them up

jason :D

its funny i thought you might like this person for some resion ? ;-D but thanks so much for not letting it out :D

Actually, it's not for what you think. The West Wing is my all time favourite TV show and this person was one of my favourite characters... I've not really been a huge fan of their character in the other thing you're referring to.

Unfortunately their character wasn't hugely popular with most fans in the other thing so you won't get as many attendees out of that part of their career as you'd like. But let me assure you that I'm certain as many people will find out as possible ;-)

Edited by vampireslayer3

gotta say although west wing is sorta the type of show i would like i never got into it, never even saw a whole episode, dont know why but it never jumped out at me as must watch, maybe one day i will.

looking at the cast list for female members none really stand out for me so i have no idea who it could be, but is the other show glee? another show ive not watched cos it does look a bit silly and boring overall, im sure in places its funny but you know what i mean. to many other shows on that i watch or want to watch, dont have time for glee lol

or was the other show ER?

i see jimmy smitis was in west wing, get him! i loved nypd blue!

guest star? interesting

The West Wing? Strange request from SM?

Thing is, as an organizer, I know that it's tempting to stick to the shows that are good bets for guests. Heroes, BG, Star Trek, Stargate, and similar SF shows. But you need to grow, and embracing other genres is a good way to do it.

Look, personally I loved SG-1 - for eight years at least. But I also loved Frasier. I'd be just as happy to meet David Hyde Pierce as I was to meet Amanda Tapping. I don't understand why these events have to be just about SF?

Part of the problem is that The West Wing is not aimed at 22 year olds (neither was Fraiser for that matter). And while the average age at SM conventions is somewhat higher than certain other conventions I could mention, I'd still imagine the vast majority of people are under 25; and a show like The West Wing, or Fraiser, is generally going to be meaningless to them. I don't mean that in an insulting way, it's just got nothing for them to relate to.

thats a good point, and i recon the majority on this forum are under 25? so perhaps a risk, depends, but like you said bringing in different guests outside the norm helps the events grow which is all good.

im same like you i love fraiser and doctor who for example, i just hope all this speculation now isnt gonna go down the same path as that other announcement for cml that went belly up cos of us fans.

Edited by timelord81r

The West Wing? Oh My God!!!!!!!

YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!!

I know quite a few con goers who are big WW fans and they'd be there in a heartbeat.

Great stuff SM - can't wait to see who you get.

thats a good point, and i recon the majority on this forum are under 25? so perhaps a risk, depends, but like you said bringing in different guests outside the norm helps the events grow which is all good.

im same like you i love fraiser and doctor who for example, i just hope all this speculation now isnt gonna go down the same path as that other announcement for cml that went belly up cos of us fans.

I suspect events like CM, LFACC, etc. have a slightly higher average age than the actual conventions, but nonetheless I'd say that by far the largest demographic of SM's customer base is female, and under 25 (probably younger). The West Wing ran from 1998 to 2005, at which point such a person might have been in secondary school.

TWW didn't have a gender gap in it's demographic, but it didn't have much penetration in the < 25 audience, and none whatsoever in the teen audience (which is one of the reasons why a couple of teen aligned storylines - i.e. with the First Daughter - tailed off). So, whilst it was one of the greatest shows in television history, my suspicion is that the vast amount of con-goers would be too young to have any interest in it, and certainly would have been when it first aired.

I really hope this is a success, but I do think this is the problem Jason's going to have when moving out into other genres. Consider Sitcoms for example - you might think Friends would translate well. But even that ran from what, 1994 to 2004? The 'Friends' were comfortably in their mid thirties by the end of the series, and no chance were any teenagers watching at that point.

• Moderators

Consider Sitcoms for example - you might think Friends would translate well. But even that ran from what, 1994 to 2004? The 'Friends' were comfortably in their mid thirties by the end of the series, and no chance were any teenagers watching at that point.

I was 18 when it ended and I was still watching. As were literally all of my friends at uni... (I remember watching the final episode in a friend's room, all of us crammed together.)