New Event - Roadhouse

Massive Events

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes it saves trailing all over the shop to drop bags get changed for partys ect and breakfast is in your room orice i think

Yeah, staying in the con hotel is always better (we stayed in the Hilton when Hub 3 was held there) - the discount code for the Hilton hasn't been released yet though so wait a bit hehe.

Thank you both! Its so tempting to stay in the Hilton... but the price puts me off soooo much.... On the RH site, it mentioned £75 as a price, for single/twin room. Wud that be 2 beds or a double? Cos if it was £75 between 2 ppl that'd be fantastic lol. But I can't imagine it'd be that cheap... How much has it been for u guys?

And do u know anything about the Crowne Plaza, not too far from the Hilton, but across the lake.... its like £95 for a two bed room...

Thank you both! Its so tempting to stay in the Hilton... but the price puts me off soooo much.... On the RH site, it mentioned £75 as a price, for single/twin room. Wud that be 2 beds or a double? Cos if it was £75 between 2 ppl that'd be fantastic lol. But I can't imagine it'd be that cheap... How much has it been for u guys? And do u know anything about the Crowne Plaza, not too far from the Hilton, but across the lake.... its like £95 for a two bed room...

I went in October for The Hub 3 and booked a twin room, they are two seperate beds rather than one double bed which is much better in my opinion. The room was really nice and the Hilton's breakfast is such a massive selection that you really won't know how much choice there is until you get there, it's amazing. Like you said, £75 for a double room in the Hilton hotel is a fantastic offer so if you can afford it, it's definitely worth the money. By the way, great picture of you and Misha. :blink:

Edited by Doctor Who

Thank you both! Its so tempting to stay in the Hilton... but the price puts me off soooo much.... On the RH site, it mentioned £75 as a price, for single/twin room. Wud that be 2 beds or a double? Cos if it was £75 between 2 ppl that'd be fantastic lol. But I can't imagine it'd be that cheap... How much has it been for u guys? And do u know anything about the Crowne Plaza, not too far from the Hilton, but across the lake.... its like £95 for a two bed room...

I went in October for The Hub 3 and booked a twin room, they are two seperate beds rather than one double bed which is much better in my opinion. The room was really nice and the Hilton's breakfast is such a massive selection that you really won't know how much choice there is until you get there, it's amazing. Like you said, �75 for a double room in the Hilton hotel is a fantastic offer so if you can afford it, it's definitely worth the money. By the way, great picture of you and Misha. :thumbup:

My god... so its really around 75??? SWEEEEEET! How the hell can u pass that up lol.... Will deffo have to inform my fellow Minion who I'll probly be staying with.

And thank you! It was such a good day.....*squeeeeee*

Yep, it's £75 a night per room, not per person.

*dies* Thats settled... we're going with the Hilton.... Its gonna be so EPIC! OMG OMG OMG why is so far away.... I spose I'll make the months fly by or something. Can't wait for the booking code to be released now!!! So I can get the hotel booked and then all thats left to do is sort out outfits! I got my premier one... the kids party is fairly simple, plaid shirts over tshirts with jeans or something like it. The sunday night is the most troublesome.... what demon/hunter/ghost to pick..... hmmmmm

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've noticed there is a booking code on the Roadhouse website but its not letting me book a rrom does this mean all the discounted rooms have gone or they are still working on it? thanks

I'd imagine they're still working on it as there's been no official announcement about convention rate rooms going on sale plus it'd also take quite a while for them to sell out as The Hilton is such a large hotel. I hope that helps. :blush::wub:

thank you I was worried I'd missed it cuz I'd been waiting on the forum for an announcement I didn't even think to check the website but with our booking for ET4 at the Hilton they put the code up on the website and not the forum luckily my friend spotted it and got us a room before they sold out of the first batch of cheap rooms.

I'll stop worrying now thanks!

• 1 month later...

I'm checking on here religiously for any new guests announcements, I am so impatient and excited. Its also giving me something to look forward too, because other than that all I have is a summer of work and exams ahead of me :D

i'm very tempted to go to this con, but there are so many cons i want to go this year. i soooooooooooo want/need to go to hallowhedon - wanna meet alan tudyk!!!! and i want to get a gold or silver ticket for that.

but i love love supernatural, its one of my fave shows and i;ve never been to a spn convention. it was amazing to meet misha and julie at london collectormania last year. and it would be fab to meet some more spn actors - it would be a dream to meet jensen and jared (hopefully one day!!!!)

hopefully when i have some money saved up (got a few expensive months coming up) there'll still be some tickets left. fingers crossed!!!!

• Moderators

I agree - I'm doing 4, and it means saving the whole year round so I can pay for them!

(And that's just weekend cons... there are all those signing events to pay for too!)

• 1 month later...

I'm just guessing, but I don't think it's selling amazingly well, if it had wouldn't there be more guests? It's sort of a difficult sitation cos they wouldn't book guests without selling tickets, but people won't buy tickets without guests.

It's been proved elsewhere that there is a big market for Supernatural, it's just getting fans to buy the tickets so the company can book the guests.

Oh I don't know, it's all guesswork! Only those in the know will be able to answer questions.

I'm just guessing, but I don't think it's selling amazingly well, if it had wouldn't there be more guests?

Not necessarily.

Sometimes you have your mind set on a certain guest which you want to get under all circumstances. Of course you still have a backup plan if getting that guest fails, but you're holding out as long as humanly possible for option A. :D

Good point! If option A is in fact still an option, then it's undestandable waiting to see if it happens rather than risk spending all cash on back-up guests, and then option A does in fact say yes. It's just hard not having had an announcement since December, and I'm a pretty impatient person! I've done 3 American SN cons over the last 18 months, and have no more money to do more, so I'm having high hopes for Massive to do a good job so I can console myself with not being able to go back to the US.

• 2 months later...