• Aliens trilogy
    • Smallville
    • Bones

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my first three 'real' choices are all in the same section

Firefly, Star Trek, Bones/Smallville (I know that's 4 :D ). I would happily get a ticket for any/all of them before any guests were announced!

So I went for

24 (although surprisingly nearly picked Primeval)

Star Wars (may have been tempted by Galactica if it was for the original series - showing my age now)

Firefly (ask me again and it would be Trek, and again - Firefly, etc...)

I know a good amount of people purchased for Hallowhedon because they wanted Firefly guests though, so I don't think that's really a problem.

Plus, beyond the name HalloWHEDON working well, there's not really a general Halloween 'theme' to the convention itself other than a party.

I agree they'd be better off not removing shows from it though.

Good to know I wasn't the only Firefly fan there. Think you may be right about the halloween theme. At the end of the day it is a convention based around the Joss Whedon shows.

Now wondering if I should have selected Trek and not Firefly....nope...there is a big enough Trek fan base, compared to Firefly, to hold it's own without my vote making a difference! Plus I would still like to see a event with just Firefly guests. And a Trek one. Damnit!

• Moderators

I have to admit one of the main reasons Merlin won out over some of the other section 3 choices I'd love is that, being UK based, I think there's a much better chance of a really good guest line-up for it.

Section 1 was easy, Supernatural has a big fanbase and Misha Collins alone would sell loads of tickets, but I hear Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki charge a LOT of money.

I was unsure in section 2... I'm a big fan of both Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, but unless some big guests are announced, it wouldn't justify the expense for me. I voted for Life on Mars because, uh, John Simm. Need I say more?

Section 3... I love Firefly/Serenity, but most of the main cast have already been/will be in the UK attending other events (your Hallowhedon and others). I adore Glee, but is it really a convention kind of show? So I voted Merlin, because I've been wanting a convention for that show for quite a while, Colin Morgan, Bradley James, Katie McGrath and Angel Coulby are all lovely and you could probably manage to sign them all up. I don't think you should worry about ticket sales because there's definitely interest, judging by the fact that the fangirls have been invading all the children events organized recently for this show (the BFI screening, the talk at the Barbican) and the queue at Forbidden Planet for Bradley and Angel was as big as Torchwood ones (in fact I believe I saw many a Hub-goer in that queue...)

So, to sum up, the one I really really want and would definitely buy a ticket for come hell or high water is Merlin!

*crosses all fingers available*

Edited: Sorry, no mentioning other events on this forum. Thank you.

Edited by DavidB

im surprised how strong merlin is doing, i started watching series 1 but although i like the whole arthur lancelot melin thing in movies and tv it was a bit to modern, clean, hollyoaks style and cheesey much like the recent robinhood series, though merlin was better in my opinion. now it wasnt bad just nothing special, and like with heroes for me my freeview missed some recordings and i never got back into it. but it has a strong following on this forum, though I do wonder if thats with the younger fans though?

might try and check series 2 out online, but still cant beat a trek con and im sure a trek con would be more popular in ticket sales

Section 3 is annoying, the ones I actually really want to go to are all in that section, I think I'll have to see how the poll goes before voting :angel:

I know a good amount of people purchased for Hallowhedon because they wanted Firefly guests though, so I don't think that's really a problem.

There's probably a good amount of people who want to meet Firefly guests and not be that bothered about other Whedonverse guests, like me :D I like Dollhouse, but I've not seen Buffy in years so don't consider myself a fan anymore, and I've never seen Angel, so those guests don't do anything for me. I'd certainly not pay to go to Hallowhedon in the hope I'd meet one or two Firefly guests.

Apologies, David, I meant no harm, should have read the rules more accurately. *hangs head in shame*

About Merlin, I am 23 and I know several people who are in their 20s and over and completely love the show and its stars. So it's not just the younger fans! :) It seems to appeal to a wide range of people, all for different reasons I'm sure.

The reason it's getting a lot of votes is probably due to the high likelyhood of getting a good guest line up. The main cast have been wonderful at the few events they've taken part in, and in my opinion would be great at a con.

I voted for Supernatural, James Bond and Merlin. I'd go to a Supernatural or Merlin convention but I had to vote in the second section even though I wouldn't really go to any of them. Merlin and Supernatural conventions would be ace though :blink::WINCE:

Edited by Doctor Who