• Star Trek
    • firefly / Serenity
    • Glee
    • Aliens trilogy
    • Smallville
    • Bones

• Showmasters Admin

hi everyone

we thought it would be good to see what feedback you can give to see what events you would like us to run in 2010

if we have missed something you would like us to add to this list please do add it to this thread and we will try to put it up in the poll

thanks for all the interest this year and we hope you have liked the events we have run for you in 2009 , we hope to keep running lots of really fun events for you all in 2010 and keep on improving them for you all

thanks so much for coming to them as with out you there would be no events at all and we would all get to go to a lot less partys :(

see you all soon

jason and the Massive Events Team

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Section 1

Horror Con - You've said yourself that there isn't enough demand. Best to stick with horror guests at signing events.

Primeval - Considering the show got cancelled, even though it got back, the timing wouldn't be right for a 2010 con. See how it does when it comes back, but I don't think it's that popular.

Flashforward - The show's losing viewers every week. Far too risky. Try a guest or two out at a signing event.

Robin Hood - Cancelled now. Too late for anyone to really care.

Supernatural - Show that has gone from strength to strength. Proven fanbase in this country and around the world.

Charmed - Unless you can guarantee a main female lead or two, I think 2010 is far too late to be considering one.

24 - Not as popular as it used to be, but we've not had many 24 guests at signing events, and with a decent lineup it could be fairly successful.

Dexter - No proven track record in terms of a fanbase at signing events/cons. Could work to its advantage though, if there's demand to see first timers.

Section 2

Life on Mars / Ashes to Ashes - A couple of years too late to capitalise on LOM, and A2A is popular but I doubt enough to sustain a con.

Vampire Diaries - Again something unproven. Yes, it appeals to a similar market as the Twi fans but then will they all be able to afford this too?

James Bond - Always has its fans but can't see why it needs a con.

Star Wars or Empire Day - Same as above, unless you can get the obvious big names.

Lord Of The Rings - Give it a year or two, capitalise on The Hobbit, and it's a possibility.

Transformers - No idea.

Dexter - See above.

Battlestar Galactica - Too late really. We've already had most main cast (all?) over here.

Section 3

One Tree Hill - Not strong enough to warrant a convention of its own.

Merlin - Possibly. Seems to have a reasonable fanbase but, like Being Human, would people choose this over other ones?

Star Trek - Same as SW really.

Firefly/Serenity - No point with Hallowhedon.

Glee - Good fanbase but a very risky unproven one. Is it really a con type show?

Aliens Trilogy - We've had so many guests at signing events. Don't see the point.

Smallville - Popular but not hugely. Could do with some more at signing events.

Bones - You'd need one of the main two to guarantee sales, and even then I'm not sure it'd do huge business. Never had any cast members to judge it on.

With that said, I went for:

Supernatural

Dexter

Star Trek

To be honest, I think most of them wouldn't work well at all. I don't think you'd sell many tickets for most, and there's no point ending up with another Being Human type event etc.

There aren't many MUST ATTEND events there, and sadly I think most just wouldn't have enough demand.

okay, section one and two where EASY! Chose Charmed and LotR

but section 3... are you KIDDING me?! Merlin, Glee and Bones in one section?

Chose Bones but only because I've been watching that the longest (obviously). but PLEASE consider that I would also have voted for Glee and Merlin!

Damn, I'm way too tv show and convention addicted!

De-lurking to add just one thing...

A Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes Con would be brilliant beyond belief. If Massive go ahead with it, we will make sure it's a success.

:(

I shall now return to lurking in the garage with the quattro.

Bye for now

Sam aka The Guv aka JLY751V

I went for Charmed, Life on mars, and Merlin. Although I wouldn't attend a Charmed con if it didn't have at least one of the sisters, and thinking about it now, I've met Philip Glenister and John Simm already so I'm thinking I should have chosen something else. I just went 'ooh!' with the choice and an impulse click. Merlin - I'd love it if you ran one!

But I'd love Star Wars, LOTR and Star Trek cons.

Really the only one I care about is One Tree Hill. I understand why thats questionable though, I think most fans of that would be happy with just getting guests for a signing event. Although a full con would be amazing :)

So without being too bothered I voted Supernatural and Star wars for the other 2 sections because I know they have big fanbases and I had to choose something.

Glee cast would also be good for signing events, not sure about a full convention :)

I think it would be better if you linked some shows together that way if you had guests from each show people are more likely to come if it's for a few shows they like e.g Robin Hood and Merlin would work well together.

i agree, like a mini collectormania but focussed on similar shows, like they do with who wars, halloweaden ect. focussed on one show needs a minimum of 1 big big guest to attract more than the devoted who love that particular show and can afford it even without a big name, for example a 24 con would need kiefer and or carlos for me to want to travel and pay for a specific con which are usually way outside of london.

however a trek con this so many shows and history you could do without the big big names, even with out the likes of shatner, nimoy, stewart, frakes, ect it would still have big names in the very least in trek terms. a trek con i think with decent advertisement would be massive especially with the success of the new movie

Maybe, maybe not. Hallowhedon is a Joss event but it is also halloween themed which is fine for Angel/Buffy. Not so much for Firefly (or Dollhouse) though which may work better outside of that event. Saying that Hallowhedon would run longer if you don't 'remove' shows from it.

• Moderators
Maybe, maybe not. Hallowhedon is a Joss event but it is also halloween themed which is fine for Angel/Buffy. Not so much for Firefly (or Dollhouse) though which may work better outside of that event. Saying that Hallowhedon would run longer if you don't 'remove' shows from it.

I know a good amount of people purchased for Hallowhedon because they wanted Firefly guests though, so I don't think that's really a problem.

Plus, beyond the name HalloWHEDON working well, there's not really a general Halloween 'theme' to the convention itself other than a party.

I agree they'd be better off not removing shows from it though.

yay for including some non-scifi shows!

i went for Superntaural, lord of the rings and bones.

section 3 was very hard to choose from and i nearly went for firefly but then i figured hallowhedon partly covers firefly so went for bones. Would be friggin awesome to have a bones con.

I think it would be better if you linked some shows together that way if you had guests from each show people are more likely to come if it's for a few shows they like e.g Robin Hood and Merlin would work well together.

Only works for people who like both shows. Robin Hood fans who don't like Merlin are hardly likely to pay for a convention that is 50% devoted to a show they don't like, are they?