Feedback for ET2

Beechy08

my only complaint of the weekend is the strobe lighting i didnt even make it to sundays party as the strobes made me so ill that i was sick.

once in a while its not bad but it was far to much and two often, im normaly last person to bed at these things but not this time.

also whoever has my original silver badge ( i dont think whoever galently decided to be me and take my original badge ever confessed up ) wendy and co were great though and made sure that i was looked after so thanks ladys.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, TooTall. That's really appreciated that you're taking what we say to heart. It really upset my friends and I after I informed 4 different crew members that there were people with higher ticket numbers sitting in front of us and none of them did anything about it. I appreciate your consideration. :)

also whoever has my original silver badge ( i dont think whoever galently decided to be me and take my original badge ever confessed up ) wendy and co were great though and made sure that i was looked after so thanks ladys.

You had your badge stolen??? O my gosh, how could somebody do that? I'm so glad it got sorted out! It's amazing, the things that happen that we never hear about, and the lengths people would go to to get a little further ahead. Insane.

I must say that i LOVED this weekend so much more than ET1, tho i did love that one too :)

There was so much more improvement this time and it worked really well.

It seemed like it ran smoother for us and our signings were often early which i liked :) Altho, sometimes i had a 2 hour gap between things, and ended up spending all the time sitting on the floor in the corridor, which was a little boring :/ i loved the meadow room at the 1st con and something like that would have been awsome this time too.

The guests this year were so amazing :) The talks were all so funny and awsome and i must say, i almost cried at the end of Rachelle's solo talk on sat, when she talked about the thing she cant talk about. She was for me, one of the best people who could have gone. i spoke to her a few times randomly over the weekend and she was so lovely to me and hugged me and my friends when we came over to tell her how much we adored her and hate summit for what theyve done :D and she offered us chocolate, then spoke to me about stuff thats important with us, which was amazing how she just chatted to us all like normal people.

The other guests were all amazing too, and i dont think ive EVER laughed so hard :)

I could only go to the saturday party, but had an awsome time :) i danced all night with random girls and had the best night of my life :) i saw the guests dancing near by us when they 1st arrived and we danced near rachelle, but then went back to dancing alone becuse we didnt want to crowd her :/ so i dont really know about the crowding issue. But i think the band were awsome, not because they were a good band, but how it was better than just dancing to a dj, and it was such a good atmosphere :)

One thing that really bugged me, was when i was collecting my photoshoots on the sunday, i showed the sm woman mine and as she was handing it over, 2 women/girls pushed strait into me, and almost knocked me over and then insulted me. the girls were french but my friend taught me french sware words in french a few years back so i rememberedd :) but it just slighty upset me how i was sworn at for no reason :/

I want to say thanks to EVERYONE who helped out/organised it for making the best weekend of my life :) And all the girls i met, lovee youuu xx

and sorry RayRay for not warning you about the smell in the corridors!

Oh, man. I'm glad Hannah was with me walking up to your room, if I were alone I might've cried! I was expecting twin girls to jump out at me D:

I nearly cried during Rachelle's talk too, especially when I turned and saw she had a standing ovation <3

Edited by rayray_x

I had a really great time, the guests were absolutely fantastic and the talks were a definite highlight. The parties were brilliant, the decorations were great and the karaoke on Sunday was really fun!

Negative points were people pushing in ahead of their ticket numbers, that was a big problem, I was G5 and ended up in the second row on Friday, having been pushed out the way by people who were significantly higher numbers than mine...and when we were all being let in on Sunday the girl next to me flashed her pass which was Group 2 as she snuck in with G1-10... The only other major complaints I have is that the attitude of some of the crew members was absolutely horrendous. I do not appreciate being spoken to like a child (and on more than one occasion) - if you hate crewing then don't volunteer. Most of the crew were polite and helpful but a couple really spoiled it, in my opinion :/

The other thing that really got on my nerves was attendees who thought they were running the convention and were trying to order people around, being rude to other attendees - there's just no need for it, we all bought tickets, we're all in the same position, no-one has the right to order anyone else around.

But I don't want to end on such a negative note because I really did have a brilliant time!! Rachelle is an absolute sweetheart, Edi is one of the funniest people ever, Gil is a fantastic guy, Chaske seems really kind and friendly (great laugh too) and Tyson is just brilliant. The dealer's room was a lot better this year, being able to ask guests questions ourselves was great, and everything seemed to be running pretty much like clockwork for most of the time, well done to Showmasters for putting on an awesome event! Can't wait til ET3!

Thank you, TooTall. That's really appreciated that you're taking what we say to heart. It really upset my friends and I after I informed 4 different crew members that there were people with higher ticket numbers sitting in front of us and none of them did anything about it. I appreciate your consideration. :)

You had your badge stolen??? O my gosh, how could somebody do that? I'm so glad it got sorted out! It's amazing, the things that happen that we never hear about, and the lengths people would go to to get a little further ahead. Insane.

when i went to pick up my ticket someone had already collected mine .... quite an impressive thing consdering that most of the crew knew me so whoever upgraded themself from standard to silver i hope you enjoyed your photoshoots on me

I thought the entire weekend went off without a hitch! I had such a blast, the talks were amazing, the guests were frickin awesome and the whole atmosphere felt way more relaxing than et1! The parties were incredible and you truly outdid yourselves once again! The gold drinks reception was way more organized and i got to talk to the guests and ask them more questions than i did last time. I just wanted to say a MASSIVE thank you to Mark, Jason and the entire team who made the weekend what it was, and I am sooooooooooo looking forward to et3 now!

The gold groups were a good idea at the drinks recp - I got to speak to all the guests and the nice crew member with Gil got him to speak to my mum :)

Thanks, that was me and it was a pleasure! I remember and very glad she did, wanted everyone in the groups to have as much opportunity of meeting/time/listening to Gil's stories as everybody else and was possible in the time :headscratch:

My only bad point is they had about 5 too many layers of clothes on... less clothes next time please. :o

Two layers too many lmfao! Deffo speedos next time ;)

Lmfao, funniest train journey everrrrrr.

Ps I agree with the too long table at the guest encounter it made me feel weird like it could be a bit more comfortable like cosy haha... oh and more spoons to mix my tea would have been amazing <3

Lmao, me swilling mine and you using your finger wasn't very good, was it? >.<

Just got in from ET2 (could've stayed all week tbh!) and just wanted to say thank you to EVERYBODY for such a great weekend! I've only been to about 5 Collectormania events, never done a proper con before. Made some great new friends too.

Like Jason said, the best way to get feedback is on the forums so let's have it haha (Sorry to sound like a total nerd hehe!)

As I said, I've never done a proper con before so I have no frame of reference up judge against so please don't shout if you dont agree with me.

1) The gold pass drinks reception - I know the guys at ME were trying out the new groups thing in the reception, but I just think the groups were too big. I don't know how it turned out when just guests and attendees just mingled.

I think that is the only non-totally-positive thing to have to say.

I have had the best weekend ever and got my ticket for ET3, which is 3 days after my 20th and my student loans go in then too so I should have plenty of money to spend :-P

Big thanks to Mara for helping with my problem this morning too!

this weekend was great, made some great friends too- beechy and dani- thankyou!

i was silver last yr and gold this year, compared to last year i thought the organisation was exeptional! i managed to do everything i needed in one day, which was a bonus for me as i had my babies at home, so thanks to the staff for being so understanding, a few especially i will always be grateful to! and i agree beechy -mara u are great!

thanks to all at showmasters! and my twi friends! hugs to all sorrelle x

I agree and the girls pretended not to speak English . . . so why were they in a talk that was spoken in English they got better tickets at like G124 than someone with G16 because they snuck in and like I say if they hadn't have been saving 2 seats between then no one would have known I agree I slept for 2 hours in my room saturday night this time and if it happens again it's not on because I got up early so I wouldn't have to queue for 40 minutes to get into the talk it has been said if you arrive 5 - 10 mins before the talk then you'll be fine but I do think we need stricter badge checking!

I know I don't have to take it personnally, but I was G124, i'm French, but I don't belong to these people. I've waited until my group was called (Gold until 130) for the talks and I didn't stolen anything, but I saw someone on sunday night, it was very shameful. :thumbup:

Thank you so much SM, it was my first con and I enojoyed it with my friends, I've met 5 lovely guests and I shared amazing moments with so many Twilight fans, it will be unforgettable.

Edited by Francesca

when i went to pick up my ticket someone had already collected mine .... quite an impressive thing consdering that most of the crew knew me so whoever upgraded themself from standard to silver i hope you enjoyed your photoshoots on me

Presumably somebody knew your name and came up with some convincing confirmation. Do they check your ticket number when you register? If they do, might be a good idea for folk not to shout about their ticket numbers on here. I bet I could "harvest" numerous gold or silver ticket numbers (and a few standards) from the forum right now, along with board names. Over the next few months I could find out some real names (people post a lot of stuff here quite openly) and then just keep an eye nearer the time on who posts here on the inevitable "what time are you arriving" thread that they won't be arriving until late Friday or Saturday morning and get in and register as them first.

Of course, me being a large and hairy bloke who can't pass himself off as a Tanya or a Diane, I probably wouldn't have much chance, but I'm sure that anybody female (the more cunning of the species, remember :WINCE: ) with the nerve and the amorality to do it would have plenty of options.

Be warned folks - this is a well-policed and regulated corner of the internet (and a tip o' the hat to the mods for that), but there's still some less than pleasant people out there.

I would like to thank Jason, Mark and everyone else involved in organizing this fantastic weekend. It’s been my first convention and is defiantly not going to be the last, I’ve already got time off work for ET4 as I’m unable to go 3 due to family commitments. As a few people have already commented on was 99% of the staff were excellent and if they couldn’t help they always pointed you in the direction where some could. The only issue I had with the one member of staff was when asking how to find out numbers for the raffle winning for the guest encounters. He told me he didn’t know and to move to back of the queue and just started to call out tickets numbers, like I wasn’t even there. I only asked a question and didn’t except my head bitten off, all it was of took was the ticket numbers and raffle numbers are on the wall near the main hall and when you group is called have a look on there and I would of gone away happy.

The guests were amazing really funny and very down to earth. I so glad they seemed to enjoy themselves as much as we did. Please bring them back again sometime.

I think the should be little more time spend on sorting the interview questions just so they aren’t repeated.

The parties were amazing I loved the ball and it was great to see the cast enjoying themselves. The only issue I had was the over crowding I was sat on one of they back tables and you could see Edi and Tyson stood at the back enjoying the band until people started to spot them, then know one could move. After about 20 minutes the left and I never saw them again. Were as Rachelle and Chaske sat down with us and had a chat for about ½ hour, which was really good. I do agree there weren’t enough tables, so hopefully they’ll be a few more next year.

I think they should do the last party a bit differently, as not maybe people stayed. Maybe have a smaller room, like the bit near the bar and maybe opened the dealer room. I think that would have been a nice size rather than the huge main hall. Also it would have been somewhere quieter to relax and where people could have a chat.

Also one last comment, it’s not really feedback for the weekend, but it’s something I’d like Jason and Mark to maybe consider of future events. Please can we maybe one of the con’s in the south and one in the north a year rather than them both being in the same place. As its cost more for travelling and accommodation than the rest of the weekend confided. Maybe somewhere like Manchester, York or Leeds.

Thanks again. I’ve met a lot of great people and had an amazing weekend. Hope to see you all again soon.

I can actually hear your accent in my head when i read this!!!

Agree about the last night party, a smaller room would have worked really well.

Renee

Presumably somebody knew your name and came up with some convincing confirmation. Do they check your ticket number when you register? If they do, might be a good idea for folk not to shout about their ticket numbers on here. I bet I could "harvest" numerous gold or silver ticket numbers (and a few standards) from the forum right now, along with board names. Over the next few months I could find out some real names (people post a lot of stuff here quite openly) and then just keep an eye nearer the time on who posts here on the inevitable "what time are you arriving" thread that they won't be arriving until late Friday or Saturday morning and get in and register as them first.

Of course, me being a large and hairy bloke who can't pass himself off as a Tanya or a Diane, I probably wouldn't have much chance, but I'm sure that anybody female (the more cunning of the species, remember :WINCE: ) with the nerve and the amorality to do it would have plenty of options.

Be warned folks - this is a well-policed and regulated corner of the internet (and a tip o' the hat to the mods for that), but there's still some less than pleasant people out there.

haha im not silly enought to put my details up on here it was probably just my bad luck rubbing off on the crew, plus unless you know me on face book no one -ever- calls me by my proper name, so no one could put the two and two together ( that and the fact that i didnt even bother looking at my ticket number when i got my letter other then to check it was silver.)

lol I thought that was you when I read about the your cloak room idea, which I totally agree with you, it would of been great to have somewhere to store them during the talks and photo shoots instead of carting them about all day.

I've just been reading the other comments and I totally forgot about the Fan-fic, please can they be posted sometime as I'd love the read them.

I agree and the girls pretended not to speak English . . . so why were they in a talk that was spoken in English they got better tickets at like G124 than someone with G16 because they snuck in and like I say if they hadn't have been saving 2 seats between then no one would have known I agree I slept for 2 hours in my room saturday night this time and if it happens again it's not on because I got up early so I wouldn't have to queue for 40 minutes to get into the talk it has been said if you arrive 5 - 10 mins before the talk then you'll be fine but I do think we need stricter badge checking!

Hmmm now were these girls the same one's which follow the guests around and constantly hound them... Are they perhaps French? And are they the same group who weren't on Gold at ET1 but decided to sit in the gold section and when the crew tried to move them, pretended they didn't speak English???? I think they should be banned from the cons!

Crazy times... We were standard 55-57 and sat right at the back on Sunday, I actually preferred it as I could see much more clearly and didn't have to strain between heads!

haha im not silly enought to put my details up on here

At the risk of sounding quite menacing (which I promise I'm not trying to be), you've previously posted your e-mail address and facebook and myspace profiles here. There's your real name. And if somebody was looking to do some identity theft, they've pretty much got your date of birth too.

I'm really not a fan of the social networking sites - far too much info that can fall into the hands of the unscrupulous.