Feedback for ET2

Beechy08

Just got in from ET2 (could've stayed all week tbh!) and just wanted to say thank you to EVERYBODY for such a great weekend! I've only been to about 5 Collectormania events, never done a proper con before. Made some great new friends too.

Like Jason said, the best way to get feedback is on the forums so let's have it haha (Sorry to sound like a total nerd hehe!)

As I said, I've never done a proper con before so I have no frame of reference up judge against so please don't shout if you dont agree with me.

1) The gold pass drinks reception - I know the guys at ME were trying out the new groups thing in the reception, but I just think the groups were too big. I don't know how it turned out when just guests and attendees just mingled.

I think that is the only non-totally-positive thing to have to say.

I have had the best weekend ever and got my ticket for ET3, which is 3 days after my 20th and my student loans go in then too so I should have plenty of money to spend :-P

Big thanks to Mara for helping with my problem this morning too!

this weekend was great, made some great friends too- beechy and dani- thankyou!

i was silver last yr and gold this year, compared to last year i thought the organisation was exeptional! i managed to do everything i needed in one day, which was a bonus for me as i had my babies at home, so thanks to the staff for being so understanding, a few especially i will always be grateful to! and i agree beechy -mara u are great!

thanks to all at showmasters! and my twi friends! hugs to all sorrelle x

Liking the Mara love, she is tops! Also where was Debbie? I didn't see her allllll weeekend :wub:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha im not silly enought to put my details up on here

At the risk of sounding quite menacing (which I promise I'm not trying to be), you've previously posted your e-mail address and facebook and myspace profiles here. There's your real name. And if somebody was looking to do some identity theft, they've pretty much got your date of birth too.

I'm really not a fan of the social networking sites - far too much info that can fall into the hands of the unscrupulous.

you can only get on my face book if you are a friend or in my permitied friends group ( friend of a friend and thats restricted still) and my myspace and stuff has non of my real details on it at all there isnt enouth room in a face book thing to put my whole name lol , also i never use my public email for bank details ect... i have had over 6000 phished out my acount before ( that was by an ex though). not stupid enouth to put the real stuff out there anymore. :wub: but if you want to stalk me on the interwebs your more than welcome, and if you want my life you can have it lol.

its sorted now so its not all that much of a bother, but maybe for future refrence the name of the ticket could be put on rather than g s st as its only one letter difrence and the difrence between standard and silver is easyer to see when writen that way, easy enoutgth mistake to make lol

1) The gold pass drinks reception - I know the guys at ME were trying out the new groups thing in the reception, but I just think the groups were too big. I don't know how it turned out when just guests and attendees just mingled.

That would be my only issue too. I can see why they did it with the groups and it was a more organised affair but the groups were just too big. I always seemed to end up at the back and only managed one small convo with Tyson/Edi and a high five with Chaske lol. I'm just not one of these ppl who is going to push to the front. The crew were like "come forward, move round" etc but it's hard to do that without seeming rude or whatever. We moved round to be closer to Rachelle and just ended up looking at the back of her head for the whole time!

It genuinely seemed like there were more ppl in the gold reception this time but there cant have been really. I got more out if it last time when you just had to mingle randomly.

Other than that everything was fab. Just gutted I missed the opening to the Masquerade Ball....sounded like it was awesome with the thunder etc.

xxxx

This was my first Con, and it was such a good weekend - thank you to everyone!

There are only two things I can think of that I'd change.

Firstly, the auction was quite confusing. There seemed to be several occasions of people bidding against themselves because nobody knew where the current winning bid was. Perhaps there could just be a big printed number in everybody's pack to make identification easier, or a similar system. The whole thing was quite rushed and confusing.

Secondly, while the photoshoots are amazing opportunities, it's annoying that there's no digital copy of them. If your copy gets damaged, there's nothing you can do! I don't know if anything can be done about this - I realise that would be a lot more work, and could potentially cost a lot more. They're just the two things that I noticed as being not quite perfect though.

Thanks again for one of the best weekends, ME, I can't believe how sad I was to be leaving this morning!

my myspace and stuff has non of my real details on it at all there isnt enouth room in a face book thing to put my whole name lol . not stupid enouth to put the real stuff out there anymore.

That's cool. Having been "identity-thefted" myself, I know how easy it is to pick up all this detail that people don't realise they leave around.

Although the absolute belter was some bloke I heard trying to sort some business out whilst on his mobile phone in a crowded train buffet car. He went through his name, address, card number and type, expiry date, security code, mobile phone number..., all at the top of his voice in the usual "I'm on the train!" mode, with about 35 people around whou couldn't help but hear him. It was quite tempting just to ring up some company and arrange for say four tons of manure or a dozen inflatable dolls to be delivered to his address just to show him what an idiot he was. :D

I don't seem to be getting the quoting thing right for some reason, so I'm sorry if I sound repeatitive or you have no idea what I am referring to.

Firstly I just want to say thank you once again for a BRILLIANT ET. I went to the first one, and loved it, so of course my friend and I had to come back!! Although I wasn't as excited about the guests, I still had a brilliant weekend and it was fun, plus the guests were hilarious and did surprise me quite a bit. I am looking forward to ET3 most definately!!!

Although I didn't have any real problems at the con, there were a few things my friend and I (and a few others we talked to) that could have been done or been done better.

Firstly, I agree with getting the world map back. We loved that at ET1, especially cos we were the only Australians on there!! (By the time we got back to see if there were any other Aussies, it had been completely defaced, but it was still cool!) I think that is an excellent idea, as it lets you see how far and wide people have travelled.

Something else that someone mentioned was having a smaller room for the Sunday party. I don't know what happened after 10:30pm, cos we ended up leaving. Aparts from the Karaoke, there didn't seem to be a lot of atmosphere or interest. I know people had been stupid and were nicking signs, because the crew came around and took all the rest down. Come on people and grow up - they specifically asked you NOT to take anything away with you!! Anyway, back to the party. Because only a handful dozen go, maybe a smaller room should be used? Or having something more than just a 'party' with dancing, some sort of activity. IDK :D

Another suggestion is with the time gaps. At one stage, on the Sunday, my friend and I went into Northampton and just spent the afternoon shopping because we had two and a half hours free. I know the schedules aren't exactly to that - schedule - but as soon as we managed to get everyone's signatures done it was only 11am and we had done everything else - the talks were at three! I think to maintain interest and to keep everyone entertained, there should be more than a dealer's room. My friend and I were throwing suggestions around, and you could have a chill out room just where people could sit and mingle, or you could have a 'home theatre' and have a whole pile of chairs and/or beanbags/cushions around and have Twilight playing on repeat or something. Some sort of Twilight related activities, like...I don't know, Pin the Tail on the Wolf :D

As a whole, general convention thing, you could make up a Twilight quiz and give it to every guest in their packs, and then the first twenty or something in each group to hand it in all correct get some sort of prize.

With the fanfic comp, I think there should also be more involvement with that. I'm not sure exactly how the finalists or winners are picked, but I think there should be something involving the attendees. Like we each get a slip to put in a box or there's a tally or something to deecide the winner. And maybe the winners should be announced by the guests, to give it a nice touch to it. I was going to enter this year, but completely forgot to think of something (until I was actually there of course, and by then it was too late).

I also just wanted to say I think the location (and new location) has been perfect. I know some comments have been a bit negative as to where it is, but I think the locations have been great. Northampton (and Birmingham) are both in the middle. Yes, I understand that people from the South and the North need to travel to get there, but that's the fun of it. "It's not the destination, it's the journey that matters. Sure, it may be extras £££, but it's worth it to be at the con. We travelled from Edinburgh, Scotland to get there. It was a six and a half train trip there and back up, but we didn't mind at all. I mean, people are still going to have to travel regardless of where the con is, and Northampton and Birmingham makes it a good location for people to access. Birmingham Intl is about an hour - add or take half an hour - away from Northampton, so its easy for people coming from Europe and other locations to get here. The train is SO good. It was about a five minute walk to the Park Inn (and the Ibis) from the train station, and the six hour train journey went by surprisingly quick. Plus if you book in advance, guarentee you will get a good deal. Invest in a Young Persons Railcard!!

The party on Saturday night was really good. I never got to even be near the guests though, too many people crowding around although at one stage I did turn round after hearing an incrediably loud laugh in my ear to find Chaske conga-ring by me, so that was great to see them actually having some fun! The band...it created atmosphere, I must admit, but they weren't that good. The music dominated the actual singing, which by the third song in I realized to be a good thing considering they weren't singing the lyrics right. But they looked a bit overwhelmed, and I think will be glad for the new extra 500+ friends on myspace! The only thing about the party was how wild some of the younger girls were. I literally got clawed by someone when the band threw their CD out. There was blood and everything, I couldn't belive it.

There was something else I had thought of, but I've completely lost that train of thought! I'll add if I remember it :lol:

Edited by MyMidnightSun

I loved it from start to finish, i'm only going to name the few neg things only because I couldnt possibly name all of the positive. I LOVE YOU SHOWMASTERS.

Crew - Some were SUPER rude, 80% were nice lovely buddly and happy to help (Mary, tootall, Davey etc) (not going to name names on the forum but may email) some people on the doors for autos were rude and unhelpful as well as people on th reg desk on the sunday morning. No need for it, ruined my weekend a little to be honest.

Block gaps - I'm luckly as I had a group of friends who were close to me so we were together but if I was alone i would be waiting around quite a lot :D

Crowing the guests - obviously not the crew's fault but the selfish people crowding the guests was unreal. I didnt get a look in!

Crowded hallways - maybe a little 'waiting area' or something would be best cuz it was impossible to get past to check infomation etc.

Everything (I mean everything) was AMAZING Thank you so much everybody! It was amazing. Thanks again!

Just want to say THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH for this great convention ! the guests was AWESOME and really funny.

we had sooo much fun at the parties... I liked the karaoke thing very much. The decoration for the Volturi night was amazing ! We enjoyed it a lot.

Having the guests at the party was so great, especially when Chaske and Rachelle came to the table. I was sitting at the first table and had a shock when I saw them coming next to me :blink:

i just hoped there was more things to do when we were wainting for our autographs and photoshoot like the meadow or bella's truck during ET1...

Massive events rocks !!!! Can't wait for the next convention :YAHOO:

I'm so sorry I know one was around G127 and the other was somewhere around that I was just saying that they shouldn't have been in with Gold 1 to 10 sorry!

No problem, I know it wasn't me so I'm not offended. :angry:

I'm so embarrassed that some foreign people don't respect others, the crew and the event. :angry:

I'm so embarrassed that some foreign people don't respect others, the crew and the event. :angry:

lol I dont think it was restricted to being foreign, some of us British showed us up too! lol

ps I had a long conversation with a REALLY lovely french lady in the loos, I was embarassed how good her english was, knowing how bad my french is :angry:

Edited by Rhianydd

Thank you massive events for a wonderfull weekend!!!

My daughter and I had a blast.. we are both going standard next time but I thought for others in futre if the child is going under a childs ticket maybe you should give the child a pass as well to wear.. even though my daughter was marked on mine we got stopped a ton of times asking where her pass was.. would make y'alls jobs a bit easier.. other than that great job..

ET 1 was so wonderful that I was a bit worried about this one. The cast was not just as popular as the past Cullen, and we even haven't see NEW MOON yet...

But I have to say, that I enjoyed the talks much more this time (and I don't know why... :blink: )!! And what Tyson and Chaske a wonderful discovery !! They were lovely and really nice. I'm glad you bring Rachelle; with Peter, she was the one I absolutely want to meet ! She is so sweet, so nice, so near... Plus she speaks French, and it's nice for us, French attendees, to be able to speak with her without the language problem. Thank for that.

The cast was perfect, I was afraid but I'm glad I can meet them, all of them !!

The parties was fun, and I think that the live band and the karaoke are good ideas. Special mention for the ornementation for every party, especially for the Volturi one !!

I just have 2 things to point out :huh: :

-:headscratch: there is some foreign people, not a majority, but we're here. It would be nice that the crew speaks slowly when he gives important instructions. Sometimes we wasn't sure that we understood what was said about photoshoots, autographs or other.

- :D And, I understand why the gold pass reception was modified, but last time we could have gather with other foreign people in the group and so it was easier to follow the conversation with guest. Of course, in that way we couldn't have speak with Justin and Christian, whereas this time we could have seen every guest.

I don't know a good way to organize that but neither one or the other way really work well...

That's the only cons for me, everything was wonderful besides. A special thank to the entire crew that was wonderful and nice. Go on like this ! Thank you !!!

Hope those who will attend ET 3 have fun !!! I wish I could go to this one too....

Thank you Showmasters, another great Weekend the best i've ever had. My only suggestion for next time would be " it irritates me every time.. ET1 i was Gold and the seating arrangements were mad and bad. Great this time around Gold was sectioned off - A GOOD IMPROVEMENT. ET2 - I had Silver - I do think next time this also should be sectioned off - as Standard tickets holders were always infront of me or next to me.... the number calling i.e; 1-10 etc being called in the hall WAS A GREAT IMPROVEMENT... But really needs someone to check each person as they try to get in the door... I understand this would be very time consuming for the staff but it would help i think, as i think the pushing etc comes from "well it doesn't matter if i have a high ticket as if i don't push to the front i will not be able to get in".. when calling numbers in , perhaps louder.. and check the 10 people before calling the next 10..... Anyway other then that, IT WAS BRILLIANT.. See you all again in 16weeks.. ET3 here i come....

ET2 was my first convention and i can most certainly say it will not be my last! Me and my friends had a fantastic time!

The guests were not only amazing but really friendly, and not in a forced or fake way - it seemed like they really were happy to be there :)

Big big thank you to the organisers for putting in so much time and hard work!

Can't wait until ET3 :D

I really don't think that the guests were hassled that much especially not compared to et1. I mean I didn't follow any guests about yet still spoke to them I mean I was just sitting on the floor with my friend and rachelle cane over to me and was like taliee are u having fun? Didn't even recognize her at first. I agree with jazz on the mc bit he's good but can't work the banter as much cus I presume he isn't a fan?

Oh yeah one bad things when like gold 1-10 were called like 20 people would go throglugh and weren't stopped!

In regards to block gaps do some of u not eat LOL? I think the spacing worked perfectly for lunch/getting ready/dealers room etc... Overall I had an awesome time hence camping out from half one fir et3 tickets

ME did a fab fab fab job

Thank you, TooTall. That's really appreciated that you're taking what we say to heart. It really upset my friends and I after I informed 4 different crew members that there were people with higher ticket numbers sitting in front of us and none of them did anything about it. I appreciate your consideration. :)

also whoever has my original silver badge ( i dont think whoever galently decided to be me and take my original badge ever confessed up ) wendy and co were great though and made sure that i was looked after so thanks ladys.

You had your badge stolen??? O my gosh, how could somebody do that? I'm so glad it got sorted out! It's amazing, the things that happen that we never hear about, and the lengths people would go to to get a little further ahead. Insane.

My friend had her camera stolen too :P

this was my first ever convention..and i have to say........ IT WAS AMAZING!!!!..i cant wait to go 2 another one. The guests were brilliant and the parties were cool. THANK YOU!!! to the organisers for such a great weekend :P me, my sis and our friend had an awesome time :D ....shame we cant go to ET3 as well.

For the calling of the groups for the talks. I was group 5, when we were standing waiting the man at the door called groups 3/4/5 all within 30 seconds of each other it seemed so if you were even the slightest distance from the door you stood no chance of going in when your group was called as there was a lot of crowding. We still managed to get great seats but I can see where someone with lower seat groupings could lose out with that.

I had an amazing weekend and would like to say a massive thanks to the crew however this is a feedback page and as i know most of the topics have been covered ill be brief but i do wat to add my thots coz i think the more the merrier...

The numbering system for getting into the hall deffo needs to be stricter (i know this is being handled coz too tall is awesome) coz havin queued at crazy oclock (3 30) im so nt lettin someone who isnt 1-10 gold skip me in the queue altho the pj ppl (1-10 lol) all know who each other are now nd havin bonded thru lack of sleep i think i can safely say we hav each others backs :)

Thot the wine reception was great nd am told it was better than ET1 tho i think the groups may need to be more organised so every1 gets equal time with the guests other than that i think it ws a fab idea and hope it comes back at ET3

Finally i really missed the meadow lol, thot we might hav had sumthin in that room so hope sumthin similar to that comes back for the next one :)

But all in all i think it certainly topped ET1 and i had the best weekend and loved meeting every1 again nd sum new faces so again many many thanks

In regards to block gaps do some of u not eat LOL? I think the spacing worked perfectly for lunch/getting ready/dealers room etc... Overall I had an awesome time hence camping out from half one fir et3 tickets

I don't think it was a matter of not eating. Eating takes up what, half an hour tops? On the Sunday, many of the guests had called all groups by ten o'clock, and you didn't have to queue (unless it was for Gil :unsure:), which meant you had a good couple of hours on hand. My friend and I, as I said, ended up going into town and just shopped for a good part of the afternoon. It's a convention, you aren't supposed to have people leave to go shopping, if you get me. Sure you can't make sure that all 800 fans are happy and occupied, but there needs to be more than just get up, breakfast, photo shoot 1, autograph 1, photoshoot 2 &3, etc. Many people got so bored they just sat in the foyer area, clogging up the way. So overall, I think the complaints were not of having such huge gaps, but having gaps in which there were no activities to keep them interested.

Now don't get me wrong, I loved ET2. I had a ball!! And I can't wait for Charlie at ET3!!!

I think the seating thing was really my only gripe. Because ticket groups are called so quick by the time u get to the door 4 groups of people have been called too. And it's not really okay to say get closer to the door cus we did do this and had one crew member be very rude to us when we tried to to this; we were told to move to the back cus people we'd gone in front of us had been queing for ages (and were like high golds when we were low) tried to explain this to her only to be spoken to really rudely and told it was first come first serve and to move and with plenty of people to witness.

Quite dissapointing when every other member of crew I personally encountered were beyond brilliant.

Still kudos to gemma for suggesting twilight events in the first place!

First of all thank you to all at SM and the incredible guests for such a great weekend!! It was a very emotional time for me and I was very up and down - must have gone through the whole spectrum of emotions over the weekend. But, the con helped and saved me from further heartache and slipping into depression...though I am sure reality will claim me again soon!! But...thank you for making me laugh - it was really needed!!

Everyone has already said how wonderful the guests were, the effort in the decorations (though booo to the selfish people who stole some!) and whilst there were a few crew members who seemed very...well, like the loved to be overly strict and bossy, I found most to be friendly and helpful - I understand it's stressful for them at times - but if they don't like it, don't do it!

My only real disapointment was my guest encounter with Rachelle. Whilst she was absolutely lovely and gave everyone eye contact and the same attention, I did feel that a few more...confident people than I there tended to hog the conversation. Everytime I thought, 'Ooh, I can say something about that'...someone much more confident and loud than me would jump in again and didn't give others the chance. I know you can say it's my fault for being fairly shy and quiet. But, at the end of the day we ALL paid the same money and we all deserve the time to speak and join in, and if you are a little shy and quiet, you can't suddenly become confident. I don't think I was the only person in my encounter who didn't get to speak either.

I don't know if there is something that could change to make it fair on everyone that attends a guest encounter...but it's possibly something to think about.

I didn't regret the money I spent on it or anything, it was a wonderful opportunity and experience and I loved being able to spend more time with Rachelle (even if she did make me cry - but then it doesn't take much right now!) I just came away feeling a little disapointed that I never got to speak and thinking of all the things I should have, could have said.

I suppose should I have the chance again for another guest encounter at another event, I shall just have to be pushy myself!

xC