The venue for this event is Olympia 2

Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin

There seems to be a number of people that have miss read the venue of this event. Or have just missed out the word Olympia.

Please be aware that Collectormania London is being held at Earls Count Olympia 2.

NOT Earls Court 2 where LFCC is held. It is a completely different building and they are NOT next to each other.

Take a look at >>this map<< as to where Earls Count Olympia 2 is compared to Earls Court 2.

Just don't want people turning up at silly o'clock in the morning to be stood outside the wrong building :wub:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I admit I was one of the people that thought of the wrong Earls Court when I first looked at the event. When I saw the photo of Earlscourt Olympia 2 I thought that it looked nothing like Earls court 2 where LFCC is held, then realised it was a totally different venue :wub:

Hi guys, its kensington olympia tube station ans the site is olympia, no earls court about it lol, but olympia and earls court are sister sites and on the same website ec&o but they are not in the same location, you need to get the olympia train on the district line which you can get from earls court if thats easier for ya.

Hi guys, its kensington olympia tube station ans the site is olympia, no earls court about it lol, but olympia and earls court are sister sites and on the same website ec&o but they are not in the same location, you need to get the olympia train on the district line which you can get from earls court if thats easier for ya.

I thought as much. It is the same place I was on about then. That's good to know.

Yea, it's right next to Olympia tube station (funnily enough!) It's NOT Earl's Court deffo- and they are very much in different areas. Olympia is semi near the Natural History Museum. However, SM are very right in saying that it's Earl's Court Olympia- as they are all in one... look at their website. They're apart but technically the same place lol!

Yea, it's right next to Olympia tube station (funnily enough!) It's NOT Earl's Court deffo- and they are very much in different areas. Olympia is semi near the Natural History Museum. However, SM are very right in saying that it's Earl's Court Olympia- as they are all in one... look at their website. They're apart but technically the same place lol!

website is earls court & olympia venues, ec&o, because they are owned by the same ppl, partly run with the same ppl, but both have separate names, locations ;-)

http://www.eco.co.uk/about-us/about-us/our-venues/

Is that the same as Kensington Olympia then? Or are they different buildings? On the map it looks close by but not the same place.

That I don't know.

By calling it Earls Court Olympia 2 is what is confusing to people,i had mentioned this in a previous thread that Olympia 2 is in Kensington not Earls Court...so to set the record straight the venue is Olympia 2 Kensington.

And its no where near The Natural History Museum thats in South Kensington...its closer to Hammersmith and Shepards Bush

Edited by Dr Evil

Yep, the station is Kensington Olympia. It's a combined Tube and mainline station. Anyone coming down from Milton Keynes, for instance, can get a direct train to Kensington Olympia, which takes 70 minutes (on the Saturday, anyway - direct trains seems to be rarer on the Sunday). The venue is right outside the station. You can't miss it.

Edited by MinkyKnights

And its no where near The Natural History Museum thats in South Kensington...its closer to Hammersmith and Shepards Bush

Kensington is Kensington to me lol... Put it this way, I've been to Olympia often helping out my Step dad when he has his stall at a catering exhibition every year... The hotel we use is next door to the Museum, and it's a quick taxi ride away.

Actually, contrary to what I just said about the venue being right outside the station (I was thinking of the main Olympia), it's actually a couple of minutes away. Turn left as you exit the station, walk to the end of Olympia Way, turn right into Hammersmith Road, and it's a short stroll to Olympia 2. Here's the entrance on Google Street View.

Edited by MinkyKnights

I've been looking up tube times from Earls Court to Kensington Olympia and the first tube on the Saturday is at 7am which is okay but on the Sunday it's at 8am which worries me slightly :D

The queue is going to be monstrous by the time I get there.

One option would be to go to Hammersmith Tube instead. On the Sunday, the first Piccadilly Line Tube pulls into Hammersmith at 7.21am. Olympia 2 is a 10-minute walk from there. Exit the station, turn right and keep walking down Hammersmith Road until you reach the venue.

That said, the doors open at 10am on Sunday, so you might not need to be there as early as you think. :D

Edited by MinkyKnights

I've been looking up tube times from Earls Court to Kensington Olympia and the first tube on the Saturday is at 7am which is okay but on the Sunday it's at 8am which worries me slightly :wub:

The queue is going to be monstrous by the time I get there.

Might be different, not done a Collectormania before but we went to LFCC and got there at about half ten I think it was, and the queue was huge but we weren't waiting that long, we were well inside before 11, in fact think I'd met Chris Sorandan by 11 lol

This year we're coming straight from up north and we don't get into Euston until like 10ish so we'll prob be at the venue for half ten - although we are going both days to make sure we get everything done and don't need to rush (which we weren't planning on originally)

(Also before anyone mentions it I know we could have got a direct train to KO but didn't realise where this one was before I booked, doh!)

:D