Amazing Guest Announcement coming soon!

showmasters

I think people should be thinking of someone who has done conventions, just not in US or UK. Otherwise Jason would have said "world first".

So it is most likely someone who has done conventions in Europe (except UK) or Australia.

Asia has of couse also done conventions, but I don't think someone "amazing" would have done conventions in Asia and not US or UK, no offense. :blink:

I think people should be thinking of someone who has done conventions, just not in US or UK. Otherwise Jason would have said "world first".

So it is most likely someone who has done conventions in Europe (except UK) or Australia.

OK, so who from Farscape has never done a US or UK Con? :-)

What defines an a lister anyway. Years ago eddie murphy was huge now his films are ridiculed same recently with Adam sandler.

A listers are anyone that the general public and mdeia actually gives a s*** about - eg. they are contantly in the tabloids or Heat magazine and seen as high profile. They're the kinda stars that have only their sole names (and no one else) above the title of a movie poster and are recognisable by just their surnames. Murphy and Sandler are still A list IMO - they've already made a name for themselves are continueing to work in high profile projects.

I'd even say that an "A List" star is someone who can "open" a movie purely because their name is on the poster. For example, if Tom Cruise is in a movie it's all but guaranteed to go past the $100m mark domestic. Murphy will "open" a movie - he can't make that sort of guarantee, but his name on a movie will make it more marketable to a degree. Someone like Bill Nighy, on the other hand, whilst a good character actor, can't open a movie - ditto John Voight.

I move on to Harrison Ford instead. :-)

No-one would be happier than me if Harrison Ford did an event like this - but I think we've got Bob Hope of that unfortunately :blink:

Natalie Portman was in UK this week-end. Maybe she will stay for 3 months? :WINCE:

3 months is a looooong-ass time to be away from home.

Samuel L. Jackson hasn't done any signings in the US or the UK and IIRC there was talk of SM trying to get him for the first LFCC.

Wasnt that just a stupid rumor derived from someone misreading a post aka BS???!I seem to remember a post in which he told some auto-hunters they were sad... :unsure:

Edited by nicky

Samuel L. Jackson hasn't done any signings in the US or the UK and IIRC there was talk of SM trying to get him for the first LFCC.

Wasnt that just a stupid rumor derived from someone misreading a post aka BS???!I seem to remember a post in which he told some auto-hunters they were sad... :clap:

If I remember rightly it was that he happened to be in London on the same day as LFACC to switch on the Regents Street Lights (this was before LFACC became a summer event) and someone just put two and two together and decided that there was a good chance of him coming.

That said I thought I heard he has been known to attend the Celebration events in the US but whether he signs at those or not I don't know. However, I seriously doubt its him.

Joss Whedon?

Alyson Hannigan?

Although I think Joss and Aly have both done some sort of signings at some point

Aly did a signing at Virgin Picadilly when Season 3, Part One of the Buffy videos was released (she was so, so lovely) and Joss signed with some of the Firefly cast in HMV Oxford Street the day after the London premiere of Serenity.

Alan Rickman

Tim Roth

Kurt Russell

Harrison Ford

and on and on and on

the list could be long and we could be driven crazy thinking of all the possible AMAZING guests this announcement could be

only 6 hours to go - aaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhh

the dude :D

does anyone know if alan rickman would acc be a possibilty i don't know enough to know if he's been before anywhere?

guessing he probably has?

he would just make my year if he came :)

Same here

I've searched loads to see if he has done an event or any signings and there's no signs of him doing anything so we might be in luck!!!

That said I thought I heard he has been known to attend the Celebration events in the US but whether he signs at those or not I don't know. However, I seriously doubt its him.

He hasn't been to a Celebration event as far as I'm aware. Certainly not for a signing.