Cosplay at LFCC 2010

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about LFCC, but I stopped caring at the last gig in Glasgow. No one seemed to care that a Starfleet science officer, Two Face and a Colonial were shopping in HMV. I was expecting a few stares... barely anyone noticed. Even after the event shut down for the day!

Good times.

Hi people!

I'm a newb to these forums and I'm not yet sure if I'll be able to get to LFCC but I'm really hoping to get there. I went to another event in Atlanta last year (my first actual con, I know, it's a big one to start with!) and cosplayed Poisin Ivy, Batwoman and Knockout and would love to do more cosplay so LFCC looks like a great place to try it.

I do have a silly question though, with another event I was staying in one of the host hotels so you could walk around in costume all day and go back up to your room and change and just hang around in costume in the area of the hotels without any hastle from random people who have no idea about the con as EVERYONE knows about that con. But for LFCC since you have to get from a hotel/your house/whatever and to the con in costume do people ever find a place to change AT the con or just dress up and make your way in on the tube or whatever and deal with the stares from the public? lol

Thanks and hi!

~Jemma

Normally when I am Lara-ing I wear the shorts/boots and top and just stick a hoody on and then deal with the holsters etc when I get to the con.

Well if you deem your costumes/suits to be accurate and really iconic then why not join upto a group?

Then you'd have a base for all your belongings and often changing facilitys

I wouldn't know where to start with finding groups so close to the con now. Plus I'm still not sure I can get there, but in answer to the others, I'm not too bothered about people looking at me in costume while walking places. I did performing arts at uni and have been in random costume while going about my day quite a few times but I think it's more a case of being paranoid if you have to get something like the tube that any delicate parts will get messed with.

But getting half in costume then adding the othr bits when you get to the con is definitely practical. ;-)

~Jemma

Theres plenty of groups about... cough cough TCA cough hahaha!

Good thing about going with a group is you have to have crew members who look out for those in costumes and so forth.

TCA? I know not of this TCA.

TCA are a fairly new Costume group, started late 2009, TCA stands for The Costume Alliance.

TCA

The great thing about joining a costuming group is that they usually have a forum where people who are experienced in costume making can help you out.

I mean I'm in a pretty specific Starwars group, but people like the costumed alliance could really help you find the materials you need and teach you techniques on how to use them.

And from my experience, it is really nice to have a base of operations when you just want to take your helmet off and chill for a while. :)

Cheers Quinny and Saz!

Yep TCA aka "The Costumed Alliance" we are rather new heading up to our first year anniversary but we've done some pretty high profile events including Hamleys Toy Store etc.

We cater for costumes of all types and genre as long as they are iconic and accurate to a point.... were not anal like some groups.... As long as it looks good and is recognisable it should be a go!

Edited by TCA DJHicks

I don't know about LFCC, but I stopped caring at the last gig in Glasgow. No one seemed to care that a Starfleet science officer, Two Face and a Colonial were shopping in HMV. I was expecting a few stares... barely anyone noticed. Even after the event shut down for the day!

Good times.

so you wern't about when darth vader got kicked out of primarni for shopping in the knicker section then?

Good times.

so you wern't about when darth vader got kicked out of primarni for shopping in the knicker section then?

Hahahahaha.

Cheers Quinny and Saz!

Yep TCA aka "The Costumed Alliance" we are rather new heading up to our first year anniversary but we've done some pretty high profile events including Hamleys Toy Store etc.

We cater for costumes of all types and genre as long as they are iconic and accurate to a point.... were not anal like some groups.... As long as it looks good and is recognisable it should be a go!

I'm sooo glad you said you weren't anal :D

Good times.

FANTASTIC!

Hi Everyone! :WAVE:

I will be going to LFCC and i will be going in my Kigurumi (pink Angel), (cant wait!) it will be the first time i have done this and i will be alone :WINCE: (i know, im sad but i love anime and cosplay so much it hurts, hehe!)

Anyway, i was wondering if anyone else will be going in a Kigurumi or some really cool cosplay?

I would like to make some new friends who love the same thing as its hard to find friends who are interested in anime and cosplay when you work full time, 9 hours a day, 5 days a week and never get time to fart at the weekend as im so busy trying to sort other things out!

Please, if anyone is in the same boat as me or would like to add another gang member to their group please let me know (please note i am a 30 year old girl, (would you say "girl" for a 30yo?) who looks about 23 and is crazy and fun loving)

• 2 weeks later...

Wooo! Every event needs an awesome Rory! :D

I still havnt fully decided. If my hair cooperates I may do Ragedy!11 on sunday. All depends on my usually rubbish hair though. Maybe once it'll do what I want. Bit short though at the mo.

Dont know about saturday at all. Maybe Randall from clerks 2, was nice and light to wear at MK and this will be much hotter.

Maybe starfleet uniform? But my Shatner shoot is sunday...

10th Doc? But I always do that...and with 11 maybe on sunday I dont wanna be too samey.

Hmmmmm.

Edited by BeatrixKiddo88

I should be doing Amy Pond on Sat. :)

(Still not 100% coming/sorted yet... but I SO want to. Hehe)

Oh, I also am trying to decide between Red Hoodie Amy, and Leather Jacket Amy... I'm thinking the Red Hoodie outfit will be easiest. xD

Edited by LisaMarie