Cosplay at LFCC 2010

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If all goes well and we manage to get our costumes together in time our group will be dressed as the following:

Silent Hill nurse

Steven Kings 'It'

Lorn from Angel

Jigsaw puppet from Saw.

It's an odd mix, but they're also our halloween costumes!

Definately! I need to try and find silver boots and a wig now. Then I'm finished with it! Oh and I need to buy "fun foam" is that the right name for it? It's in my book-marks but I can't be bothered opening them lol

I'm so poor this month otherwise I'dhave already had this stuff organised.

Aye funfoam is the stuff I was talking about. I'd definately recommend it as its really light weight. I'm thinking maybe us spirit gum to stick it too your face as its the stuff people use for elf ears. I'd maybe leave the back of it unglued (for hardening) as the foam is more likely to stick with the spirit gum than if it does have glue on it. Or maybe try double sided bosom tape.

Aye funfoam is the stuff I was talking about. I'd definately recommend it as its really light weight. I'm thinking maybe us spirit gum to stick it too your face as its the stuff people use for elf ears. I'd maybe leave the back of it unglued (for hardening) as the foam is more likely to stick with the spirit gum than if it does have glue on it. Or maybe try double sided bosom tape.

Thanking you kindly :)!

Doesn't the fact that under 12s are judged with adults giv them an unfair advantage though lol? Everyone loves a little kid dressed up as The Tenth Doctor.

Thanking you kindly :)!

Doesn't the fact that under 12s are judged with adults giv them an unfair advantage though lol? Everyone loves a little kid dressed up as The Tenth Doctor.

:P

Under-12s aren't judged at all now, unless they're wearing a costume made by someone older who wants the costume to be judged. Because of how we run the pre-judging, the judges have time to ask lots of questions of the person who actually made it. Also, we choose our judges carefully - if we thought they were the type to just choose the cutest, we wouldn't let them judge! :P

Edited by TurkFox

I'll be there in many forms along with my charity costuming group The Costumed Alliance (TCA)

We'll be attending in force with over 25 costumers

EVERYONE should dress up its fun!!! As a group we get to have fun and raise money for good causes!

I've been working on a new costume for the past few months taking me hours and hours! but i'm becoming a sewing machine wiz and tailoring this costume up a treat!

It'll be a surprise for now until i get it finished!!! but other then the surprise costumes you'll see me in:-

General Grievous:

20352_279920450921_620985921_3571520_859478_n.jpg

Mando

32108_395973520921_620985921_4377376_2287956_n.jpg

and then of course my surprise ultimate costume!! lol

Can't wait already for this!

Edited by TCA DJHicks

Hi people!

I'm a newb to these forums and I'm not yet sure if I'll be able to get to LFCC but I'm really hoping to get there. I went to another event in Atlanta last year (my first actual con, I know, it's a big one to start with!) and cosplayed Poisin Ivy, Batwoman and Knockout and would love to do more cosplay so LFCC looks like a great place to try it.

I do have a silly question though, with another event I was staying in one of the host hotels so you could walk around in costume all day and go back up to your room and change and just hang around in costume in the area of the hotels without any hastle from random people who have no idea about the con as EVERYONE knows about that con. But for LFCC since you have to get from a hotel/your house/whatever and to the con in costume do people ever find a place to change AT the con or just dress up and make your way in on the tube or whatever and deal with the stares from the public? lol

Thanks and hi!

~Jemma

I don't know about LFCC, but I stopped caring at the last gig in Glasgow. No one seemed to care that a Starfleet science officer, Two Face and a Colonial were shopping in HMV. I was expecting a few stares... barely anyone noticed. Even after the event shut down for the day!

Edited by ComwWhite