Scott Bakula talk tickets...

Yay, they came! And my gf and I have seats 1 and 2! Thats a first for me! So, just wondering, what numbers everyone else has so far? Maybe we'll be sitting near you!

Hope you know thats not even at the front though. Gold pass holders have the first few rows

13 and 14..

Which would be pretty excellent still if I didnt have to leave before the end for the Keeley Hawes photoshoot which is at the same time, and given how the seats are pretty squashed in usually, could make things interesting trying to get out!

13 and 14..

Which would be pretty excellent still if I didnt have to leave before the end for the Keeley Hawes photoshoot which is at the same time, and given how the seats are pretty squashed in usually, could make things interesting trying to get out!

I have tickets for both the talk & Keeley's shoot too, it would be easier to come in a bit late for the talk, I think.

I have tickets for both the talk & Keeley's shoot too, it would be easier to come in a bit late for the talk, I think.

How do you come to that conclusion? The photoshoot doesnt start for 10 mins after the scott talk (and thats not counting on any delays, and Keeley being there on time!), and unless your first in the que, or within the first few, or at the very least in the first batch, by the time you've got through, most of the talk will be finished! You might catch the last 10-15 mins, unless the talk starts late too, so you'd be better off going there for half hour, then going for the photoshoot..

Yay, they came! And my gf and I have seats 1 and 2! Thats a first for me! So, just wondering, what numbers everyone else has so far? Maybe we'll be sitting near you!

Hope you know thats not even at the front though. Gold pass holders have the first few rows

Yeah, I know about that having been to other events...will have to get a gold ticket one day!

13 and 14..

Hello neighbour. :D

• Showmasters Admin

My tickets arrived just the other day. I've got 41 and 42. Which row would you say that probably was?

91 and 92. We're going to put only one seat in each row :dance: It'll be one big single line of chairs one behind the other. The 50 gold first then the tickets. We're looking at getting a line of chairs all the way from one end of the hall to the other :D

Got mine today.. B)

A seating layout like the one used for Patrick Stewart would be better, so people could leave easier for the photoshoot with Keeley. Silly question though are there more tickets than patricks sold. I expect there are a few hundred?. Are the talks in the same place as before? Should have them in the second segment of the hall, where the group starwars pic was taken loads of room....

Will there be pics aloud in the first few minutes. Anyhow not long now cant wait for saturday?

• Showmasters Admin

Firstly obviously I was joking, we are not going to put all the seats in one big line B)

It will a similar set up to the Patrick Stewart one. The area can seat 500.

I beleive the talks will be in a similar place to last year.

Yes there will be flash photos allowed for the first couple of minutes. Then for the comfort of the guest(s) they will be stopped and NON-flash photography only from then on.

How do you come to that conclusion? The photoshoot doesnt start for 10 mins after the scott talk (and thats not counting on any delays, and Keeley being there on time!), and unless your first in the que, or within the first few, or at the very least in the first batch, by the time you've got through, most of the talk will be finished! You might catch the last 10-15 mins, unless the talk starts late too, so you'd be better off going there for half hour, then going for the photoshoot..

I was going by what DavidB had suggested in another thread, but time is always an issue.

Yeah but thats still a definate 10 mins plus delays and waiting of the talk that'll you'll miss doign it that way.

I plan to do the same as crippsy, see a good 25-30 mins of the talk then go to the shoot. There seem to be a lot of us with both booked, so asking the staff to out us through wont help, because you may be at the back of THAT group, regardles of ticket colour.

Oh, and ticket number 3 people!!!

Edited by BeatrixKiddo88

• Moderators

Oh I'm aware of people missing stuff either way. Just depends whether you'd rather miss the beginning or the end. No choice but to miss some of it unfortunately.

Could be best to decide on the day if there are delays etc.

I've got tickets for the Bakula talk and the Keeley photoshoot as well, you can't really make any plans until the day, but I think I'm going to go to the Bakula talk as it is planned to start earlier and maybe try and catch about half an hour. That's the trouble, so much good stuff and only so many hours in the day !

It would be good if Showmasters could do a last call type announcement on the tannoy when Keely's shoot is finishing so you know you have to go, although difficult call that one as it would be a bit rude to disrupt Bakula's talk !!!

Has it been decided if the seats will be numbered the way they were during the Patrick Stewart talk? I honestly feel that was the fairest way to do it and hope it is continued for this talk. The other way (like the recent Better Than Life seating) would be to let us in to the area in groups (eg 1-10, 11-20) but that still causes queueing with, for example, ticket number 10 going in first and getting an arguably better seat than number 1 gets. Numbered seats seem the fairest way. Maybe a number taped to the back of the chair will stop people being tempted into removing it this time round?

I think I'll see what colour my photoshoot ticket is with Keeley & take it from there.

Am I right in thinking that flash photography is allowed in the talks fr the first 5 mins or so, the same as cons? :wub:

My camera works much better with the flash on than with it off, so I'd rather be there for the start rather than the end. :P

Yeah first few mins will be flash (unless the guest forbids it completly)

Cants ee Scott having a problem with it for a bit though, seems like a gracious chap.

Plus if I came in late for the talk, i'd feel bad squeezing my way to near the front (with my low ticket number) so would just stand at the back.

I still will feel bad leaving early, but I'd rather sneak out than in.

Edited by BeatrixKiddo88

159...yeah, I couldn't afford to get my ticket at the same time as I bought my photo, so had to wait for a bit. Any idea how many seats there are in the talk? Still seems like a good numbered seat to me, I was expecting to have gotten a much higher number than I have.