scott bakula

Hello,

Well,we arrived at about 11.30 and got our queue ticket,which was numbered 1017.The fella giving them out said it was unlikely we'd get to meet mr.B , and yup he was right.Stayed 'til 5pm and he was only up to number 650. Ruined the day for me and the wife. Great guests,not such great organisation.

Doubt if we'll go again.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

Well,we arrived at about 11.30 and got our queue ticket,which was numbered 1017.The fella giving them out said it was unlikely we'd get to meet mr.B , and yup he was right.Stayed 'til 5pm and he was only up to number 650. Ruined the day for me and the wife. Great guests,not such great organisation.

Doubt if we'll go again.

for the top stars that are likely to be popular it is always recommended to purchase the early bird

I think it was great that Scott got thru even 600+ autos - well done

the dude :thumbup:

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Showmasters for getting Scott Bakula.

Wow - you have made my year!

at 4:30pm he was personalising and giving out handshakes.

God Bless you Showmasters!

Top Guest!

I agree - TOP GUEST

thanks SM

Hello,

Doubt if we'll go again.

Seems you were warned well in advance that there was no way you would meet him so not sure what your complaint is, as it must have been SO obvious well in advance that your number could not be reached

To meet a top guest it is always necessary to go early so not sure which bit of the organisation was to blame.

Hello,

Doubt if we'll go again.

Should of held out a little longer, around 5.20 Scott went to Open Queue. Nothing to do with the organisers as everyone was working really work to make sure things were going smoothly.

Hello,

Doubt if we'll go again.

Seems you were warned well in advance that there was no way you would meet him so not sure what your complaint is, as it must have been SO obvious well in advance that your number could not be reached

To meet a top guest it is always necessary to go early so not sure which bit of the organisation was to blame.

Hello.

If it was THAT obvious,why allow pics to be personalised? I don't know what else could've been done different.All i know is that when i met george kennedy,ernest borgnine and mickey rooney at another event,the most i waited was was about 10 minutes.And these are legends.Why not make it one signing per person and like i said,no personalising.Kinda simple no?

Hello,

Doubt if we'll go again.

Hello.

If it was THAT obvious,why allow pics to be personalised? I don't know what else could've been done different.All i know is that when i met george kennedy,ernest borgnine and mickey rooney at another event,the most i waited was was about 10 minutes.And these are legends.Why not make it one signing per person and like i said,no personalising.Kinda simple no?

I just reckon if someone warned me it was unlikely to get near him with a high number I would be regularly checking how quick it was going

At 4.30 someone has said they were around 650 so long before that it would have warned me that a number around 1000 wasnt possible unless I was willing to wait till end of day hoping for an open queue which did happen

Simple? No. You're talking about Autographica which is totally different from LFCC, much smaller crowds, guests who may be Hollywood legends but they won't get long lines of young (and not-so-young) fans, queuing from early morning.

Getting an autograph personalised is a unique experience, some big guests don't do it so it's nice to see one who does and who gives more than just a grunt (Hello Mr Shatner).

I'm afraid the mistake here is yours, not Showmasters. Come back to a Collectormania or next year's LFCC but come early, see all the guests you want to see and enjoy the day.

Edited by sagart

Simple? No. You're talking about Autographica which is totally different from LFCC, much smaller crowds, guests who may be Hollywood legends but they won't get long lines of young (and not-so-young) fans, queuing from early morning.

Getting an autograph personalised is a unique experience, some big guests don't do it so it's nice to see one who does and who gives more than just a grunt (Hello Mr Shatner).

I'm afraid the mistake here is yours, not Showmasters. Come back to a Collectormania or next year's LFCC but come early, see all the guests you want to see and enjoy the day.

well said - someone arriving after 1100hrs and complaining that the VT's were long for one of the top stars should not blame the organisers

i have seen it so many times, with James Marsters and John Barrowman at past CM and Elijah wood at past LFCC - if you arrived 3 hours after opening what do you expect the ticket number to be??????

ONCE AGAIN - GREAT SHOW - CAN NOT WAIT TILL THE NEXT ONE

Hello.

Just a shame,that's all.Missus was most upset.I agree that personalising Is important,heck i always get mine personlised where poss,but at 11am,if they knew it was so busy already why not do sigs only so that everyone can enjoy the day.And like i said , maybe one sig only per person.Just an idea,that's all.

I went there today with Scott being the main person I was there for, however, due to transport issues and having to take a detour, we ended up an hour later than intended (9.30am). Even then, after seeing the queues I had my doubts as to whether I'd get to see Scott. So I don't see how someone who gets there at 11am can really expect to be curtain of seeing one of the top guests.

In the end I managed to get ticket 604 but was constantly checking around 4pm to make sure. I did get to see him but was told no personalisations, which didn't matter really. He was very friendly and said it's nice to see you etc. I even finally got my pic of Sam and Al finished off as Dean Stockwell had already signed it. Scott even said that he didn't think many people had duel autographs from both of them, so that felt quite nice coming from him :thumbup:

I went there today with Scott being the main person I was there for, however, due to transport issues and having to take a detour, we ended up an hour later than intended (9.30am). Even then, after seeing the queues I had my doubts as to whether I'd get to see Scott. So I don't see how someone who gets there at 11am can really expect to be curtain of seeing one of the top guests.

In the end I managed to get ticket 604 but was constantly checking around 4pm to make sure. I did get to see him but was told no personalisations, which didn't matter really. He was very friendly and said it's nice to see you etc. I even finally got my pic of Sam and Al finished off as Dean Stockwell had already signed it. Scott even said that he didn't think many people had duel autographs from both of them, so that felt quite nice coming from him :thumbup:

I think the thing you did that some may not have is "constantly checking"

Thats common sense so well done for getting to meet him and to others who came in later, suss it out for next time as its worth it if you really want to meet someone

In the end I managed to get ticket 604 but was constantly checking around 4pm to make sure. I did get to see him but was told no personalisations, which didn't matter really. He was very friendly and said it's nice to see you etc. I even finally got my pic of Sam and Al finished off as Dean Stockwell had already signed it. Scott even said that he didn't think many people had duel autographs from both of them, so that felt quite nice coming from him :D

I think the thing you did that some may not have is "constantly checking"

Thats common sense so well done for getting to meet him and to others who came in later, suss it out for next time as its worth it if you really want to meet someone

totally agree - constant checking and updating with boards/crew members helpful and is common sense

you can not believe the amount of people that turn up and expect or think they will automatically be able to enter the queue with number 796, when the board states 37 - crazy???? :poki:

Hello.

Just a shame,that's all.Missus was most upset.I agree that personalising Is important,heck i always get mine personlised where poss,but at 11am,if they knew it was so busy already why not do sigs only so that everyone can enjoy the day.And like i said , maybe one sig only per person.Just an idea,that's all.

problem here is you end up having people complain the guests dont personalise or they dont look up and you are treated like cattle, some people just cant be pleased.

just have to do all you can for yourself in future and if you know a guest you want to meet is likely to be popular then arrive as early as possible and expect to stick it out for a day.

out of interest why did Scott Bakula have a open queue at 5:20pm if at that point the VT's were at 650 but over 1,000 had been given out.

can someone explain it to me please?

thanks.

Because not everyone that takes a VQ tickets waits to get their signing at the end of the day,

I got a signed picture early in the day - not much after nine and then after the talks went back hoping the queue would open at the very end of the show, the crew did an amazing job and after calling tickets under 1100 opened the queue to anyone who wanted a signing at that point. this was gone five as previously posted.

I had a very long but brilliant day patience at the end really paid off for me.

hi i was wondering does any know if scott bakula will be personalising his autographs ??

fatdragon

yes he did - signed mine "to Lee - nice to meet you"

Hi the dude, you got the same name as me, he put on mine, to Lee nice meeting you oh boy best regards.

HEY A FELLOW LEE AND A FELLOW SCOTT FAN - :D

I felt so great/honoured in meeting Scott, in having watched Quantum leap way back when it was first shown in the UK on BBC

Truely a great memory and was well worth meeting scott - i found him to be friendly and happy to be there meeting the fans

the dude :D

was really lucky today no waiting or voucher needed for scott to sign and personalise my autograph even time for a handshake and quick chat it`s taken me 20yrs to get to see him and boy was it worth the wait ,what a brilliant bloke and so so friendly there at right time i guess

In the end I managed to get ticket 604 but was constantly checking around 4pm to make sure. I did get to see him but was told no personalisations, which didn't matter really. He was very friendly and said it's nice to see you etc. I even finally got my pic of Sam and Al finished off as Dean Stockwell had already signed it. Scott even said that he didn't think many people had duel autographs from both of them, so that felt quite nice coming from him :D

Number 604... I remember you.

I was crewing the queue... you did come back to check an awful lot!! :D

Usually I'm not nervous before meeting guests, but for some reason I was bricking it before meeting Mr. Bakula. I've been watching and admiring the guy on television for years. Fortunately I had no reason to be worried as he turned out to be an absolute gentleman more than happy to shake hands, briefly chat and personalise the autograph with a lovely message for the person I was collecting it for.

Couldn't ask for more out of a guest. More like this please, guys.

met him after the last call announcment on today and he was really nice, he said hello to me and my neice who was with me, he asked if she had been dragged along by me i pointed out that there were Twilight guests here so i was dragging her nowhere

He laughed and answered my question and said thanks for coming and shook my hand.

very nice guy

also, big thanks to the gent in the que ahead of me who gave me his QL pic to get signed instead of a Enterprize one, very good of you, i hope you Scott experience was as good as mine.

Can anyone who attended his talk, describe any of the highlights... im guessing someone must have asked about a QL reunion, the one which has been talked about for years but nothing has happened with it.

Mike.

Edited by Mike7883uk

Hello,

Doubt if we'll go again.

Should of held out a little longer, around 5.20 Scott went to Open Queue. Nothing to do with the organisers as everyone was working really work to make sure things were going smoothly.

We arrived at 10 40ish and i got given no. 910 and the fella who handed me my ticket said you have no chance of seeing him today try tomorrow i cant understand why bother handin out more tickets to other fans ????? and unlike others couldnt make it on two days i am not loaded.If Mr E Wood frodo got threw over 1200 signing when he was there in one day i cant understand what went wrong i hope that Mr Bakula enjoyed himself and that he will come back again,all in all not a bad doo at all [please be gentle this is my first post and i have been attendin doo for about 18 years so i know what to expect] x :gorgeous:

Cany anyone who attended his talk, describe any of the highlights... im guessing someone must have asked about a QL reunion, the one which has been talked about for years but nothing has happened with it.

Mike.

yes - please let us know what he talked about

thanks

the dude :gorgeous: