Showmasters: What is going on?

Lambourne

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I don't get it, isn't the post from MikeDonovan something official?

As Lambourne said, Bregi, MikeD was just joking... he's just one of us, not one of SM lol

Ah ok.. I don't see what all your 'badges' mean :thumbup:

damn it ^_^

Personally i think SM/ME should stop running conventions (or at least just 1 or 2 a year) and concentrate on their main attractions Collectormania and London Film & Comic Con.

They've bitten off more than they can chew and the events suffer for it.

Michael Emerson should be moved to LFCC and the Abrams Inc Con should be cancelled. I can see it being just like Eclipse 3, maybe even worse. Lack of actors and lack of ticket sales. There are just too many events and people cannot afford the tickets/hotels/travel/spending money.

This will be Eclipse 3 all over again.

Personally i think SM/ME should stop running conventions (or at least just 1 or 2 a year) and concentrate on their main attractions Collectormania and London Film & Comic Con.

They've bitten off more than they can chew and the events suffer for it.

Michael Emerson should be moved to LFCC and the Abrams Inc Con should be cancelled. I can see it being just like Eclipse 3, maybe even worse. Lack of actors and lack of ticket sales. There are just too many events and people cannot afford the tickets/hotels/travel/spending money.

This will be Eclipse 3 all over again.

And what shall people like me do who spent a lot on their flights etc. already?!?!? I want this convention to take place for any reason.

For me, there are several Lost actors who have relatively small roles but because they're great characters and are central to the plot, would be every bit as welcome as a main cast member. Examples: Nestor Carbonell, Alan Dale.

For me, there are several Lost actors who have relatively small roles but because they're great characters and are central to the plot, would be every bit as welcome as a main cast member. Examples: Nestor Carbonell, Alan Dale.

Exactly. I think it's fair to say that the reason for all of this can't be due to difficultly getting guests. When you take into the main stars AND important guest stars from all of Alias, Fringe and Lost the list of potential guests must be pushing 40-50.

As a massive Lost fan I'd just be happy with ANYONE that has been in it to be honest!

I mean, it's been going for 5 years. There's sooo many characters to pick from that arent in it anymore. Are these type of guests even being considered?

Like I would LOVE to meet Neil Hopkins who played Charlie's brother Liam, Brett Cullen aka Goodwin, Kimberly Joseph aka Cindy, Michael Bowen aka Pickett......the list is endless really *sigh*.

A weekend with Ian and Maggie?!

I would prefer lots of minor guests compared to SM struggling to get the big guns, failing and having nothing!

xxxx

As a massive Lost fan I'd just be happy with ANYONE that has been in it to be honest!

I mean, it's been going for 5 years. There's sooo many characters to pick from that arent in it anymore. Are these type of guests even being considered?

Like I would LOVE to meet Neil Hopkins who played Charlie's brother Liam, Brett Cullen aka Goodwin, Kimberly Joseph aka Cindy, Michael Bowen aka Pickett......the list is endless really *sigh*.

A weekend with Ian and Maggie?!

I would prefer lots of minor guests compared to SM struggling to get the big guns, failing and having nothing!

xxxx

I agree, anyone from Lost would be awesome (although I do draw the line at the "Third woman at back with bandanna" types LOL). Neil Hopkins is a guest I would LOVE to meet. Marsha Thomason is another guest on my dream list, she was announced for one of the other events but had to cancel, it would be great is SM could get her...

I think if SM/ME were confident that this event was going ahead as planned they would have posted on here and reassured everyone by now. The fact that they haven't does not fill me with much hope. I feel this event will go down the pan!!!

Heh, see the manchester forum and realise that you are not alone.

Took them a LONG time to tell us it wasn't going to be on, and when they did they announced it by accident on another events forum! (eclipse I believe)

I think if SM/ME were confident that this event was going ahead as planned they would have posted on here and reassured everyone by now. The fact that they haven't does not fill me with much hope. I feel this event will go down the pan!!!

So there's what, 90 tickets sold for this event?

And 48 days left...

And 1 guest...

I don't think many have much hope left for this event!

I just feel gutted for people who have paid out so much money on their flights, hotels etc :P

The lack of informatation given has servely put me off putting down cash for any ME/SM future events unless they sort out their communication and focus on doing like 3 events or whatever a year not 15 or how ever many it is

Heh, see the manchester forum and realise that you are not alone.

Took them a LONG time to tell us it wasn't going to be on, and when they did they announced it by accident on another events forum! (eclipse I believe)

On the bright side we won't have to wait too long as the convention is only 48 days away, meaning we know we'll eventually get information at some point within the next 48 days. Although I wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear anything and there just hoping if they ignore us we'll go away, leaving us all to turn up at Northampton in a month to find an empty hotel.

I am anxious to hear about the status of this event too but we do not know all the stuff that goes on behind the scenes. They may still have HOPES to pull this off and thus won't say much untill there is no turning back.

Yes I know time is running out for many regarding buying train tix, flights or whatever you need to get there. I need to know soon too cos of flights. Still it hasn't put me off going to any future events. I am going to the Eternal Twilight 2 convention and those tix have already been sent out (gold and silver for now first then standard ones soon). So they clearly are well organized.

It just seems to when it comes to a Lost related event as this too is they seem cursed :-(. I hope they can pull it off...I really do.

I am anxious to hear about the status of this event too but we do not know all the stuff that goes on behind the scenes. They may still have HOPES to pull this off and thus won't say much untill there is no turning back.

Yes I know time is running out for many regarding buying train tix, flights or whatever you need to get there. I need to know soon too cos of flights. Still it hasn't put me off going to any future events. I am going to the Eternal Twilight 2 convention and those tix have already been sent out (gold and silver for now first then standard ones soon). So they clearly are well organized.

It just seems to when it comes to a Lost related event as this too is they seem cursed :-(. I hope they can pull it off...I really do.

with twilight, there's an eager fan base who will buy tickets with no guests, while with lost events it requires effort, it seems when they do conventions about shows which are no longer 'the most popular shows' they usually fail because they use the same techniques for every show.

while there is still a huge lost fan base i feel sometimes they don't make enough effort (or maybe they simply don't have enough hours in the day), and not to bring up the debate again but running events on consecutive weekends i'm sure isn't helping - maybe hire more staff if you insist on running so many events lol !!

has anyone tried phoning them? or emailing?

with twilight, there's an eager fan base who will buy tickets with no guests, while with lost events it requires effort, it seems when they do conventions about shows which are no longer 'the most popular shows' they usually fail because they use the same techniques for every show.

while there is still a huge lost fan base i feel sometimes they don't make enough effort (or maybe they simply don't have enough hours in the day), and not to bring up the debate again but running events on consecutive weekends i'm sure isn't helping - maybe hire more staff if you insist on running so many events lol !!

has anyone tried phoning them? or emailing?

True I esp agree with you with all the events they got lined up. Too much in too short time. Something has to suffe :-(

As for phoning them or emailing, they are currently AT some event I think so they won't answer anything on the phone me thinks. Time will tell if we get any answer regarding the status of this convention. I just hope we get an answer soon.