New Event Announcement - Collectormania London

showmasters

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How awesome is the line up already? I am seriously spoilt for choice.

They could stop now, and I would still think it is awesome! :blink:

I agreed awesome line up so far

but us fans are very greedy - MORE GUESTS PLEASE

the dude :thumbup:

decent guests but not blown away yet, billy dee is cool, shannon hot, im still hoping for some big doctor who, TW or stargate guests or someone major like lenard nimoy (cant believe i missed him earlier in the year, never forgive myself for that) , kiether sutherland, richard dean anderson or jodie foster

wouldnt it be nice if someone like david tennant attended instead of swanning off the the american ones lol ;-)

i wish peter davison wasnt doing glasgow and was doing this instead, im working when glasgow is on plus thats along and expensive way to go from london lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

This is intended to fill in for the MK one, and then they'll be back there for C16 next year.

Milton Keynes isn't that much further than London realistically? I can understand Glasgow, that's a long way :thumbup:

This is intended to fill in for the MK one, and then they'll be back there for C16 next year.

Milton Keynes isn't that much further than London realistically? I can understand Glasgow, that's a long way :thumbup:

from london mk is quite easy to get to but the stadium ive never been to, looks in the middle of nowhere, 20-40 minute walk from stations but then that might help stem crowds

my plan next year is to take a few days off, visit my folks in luton and persuade my mum to go shopping at mk and drop me off on the way and pick me up when ready ;-) lol

though the london events are brilliant for me, 30 minutes on the tube and im there mostly, and i work at earls court these days so even better! although im at the bottom of the food chain in the cleaning and waste there id be more than happy to help showmasters if they need anything that i may be a able to help with

Thanks, We went to the MK con year before last when it was still in the shopping centre and although it was good apart from a cancellation it took forever on the train and the fare was so expensive ( I Dont drive) So the same applies to glasgow, manchester and who wars etc. I just thought london would be good for another event although I realise they have to cater for everyone.

why are some of the guest announcements in the forum topic section and others in topic title?

All the newest announcements go in the top section... there is only room for a certain number of topics in the top section, so when something new gets announced, something old has to be moved down. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

alot of guests so far and im hoping for more, just noticed on the website its promoted as a festival, could that mean bigger than other collectormanias? we already have new zones, comic and sports guests a plenty. and the amazing guest still to be announced

The last Collectormania in MK was a 'festival' as well. And a fantastic event that was!

alot of guests so far and im hoping for more, just noticed on the website its promoted as a festival, could that mean bigger than other collectormanias? we already have new zones, comic and sports guests a plenty. and the amazing guest still to be announced

The last Collectormania in MK was a 'festival' as well. And a fantastic event that was!

wish I had gone to it

• 2 weeks later...

What an excellent guest list, but why on earth has it been shifted from Milton Keynes to London? Earl's Court is too expensive to get to.

Isn't it enough having London Film and Comic Con there? I've been annoyed in previous years where a great guest cancels from MK and end up being rescheduled for LFCC rather than the next MK.

Why not simply stick all events in London, it will save me a lot of money because I wouldn't be going to them!

What an excellent guest list, but why on earth has it been shifted from Milton Keynes to London? Earl's Court is too expensive to get to.

Isn't it enough having London Film and Comic Con there? I've been annoyed in previous years where a great guest cancels from MK and end up being rescheduled for LFCC rather than the next MK.

Why not simply stick all events in London, it will save me a lot of money because I wouldn't be going to them!

They can't use the MK venue this time, so they decided to put a show on in London rather than just not have one.

• Showmasters Admin

As you may know we had to move the MK event from the shopping centre. We had no choice.

We found a new venue at the Dons stadium. There will be a new room for us to use next year, but it's not finished yet. As people that came to C15 will tell you, it's a bit open at the stadium and so having an event there in October/November was never a possibility without the new room being finished.

There are also issues with the previous venue for CM:Midlands.

But SM wanted to have an autumn Collectormania and so looked for a venue. The Olympia venue was available so they chose to go for it.

Sorry you don't like London events, but surely it's better than no event at all.

Edited by Too Tall

Please don't. I don't have that much money :D . Coming from outside UK London is a much more attractive place for a location because there is much else to do. I doubt I would go to an event in MK though I gotta admit C16 is looking pretty good.

Anyway, it is my understanding, that it will be back in MK from next year and onwards. I do hope, that Collectormania London will continue as a line of events though. ^_^

• Moderators

As they say, different strokes for different folks... some people will find MK easier to get to, some others (like me) find it hard to get to MK so London is much more convenient...

<sarc>

I don't know, all these shows in London and Milton Keynes, how rude of them to expect me to get out my local town/village just to get to see these people! Don't they know it would be so much easier for me, and I only care about me, and any inconvenience to others, tough, it would be so much easier for me if LFCC/CM and Autographica was hosted next door.

No facilities to host a show like Autographica etc, no transport links, no parking or anything, but so much easier for me. And Why should I have to use transport? What with Student Rail Cards given away with Student Bank accounts, and online websites where you can get brilliant discounts if you buy far enough in advance and not a student, its way to hard to get my travel costs down.

Please excuse me as I'm off to complain to Tesco that their local store isn't local enough, it's 3 doors away!

</sarc>

:D

I am SOOO excited about this event as I'm exhibiting this year!! YAY!!

I do wish for a few more LARGER named guests too, I think all the named people are amazing in there own right but I am a HUGE Buffy/Angel fan and would just LOVE it if one guest came from a Jossverse then I could feel even more like a fan!! B)

Please come visit my booth and have a natter!! The Tamify banner should direct you to my stall!! :D

www.tamify.com :smile: