New Event Announcement - Collectormania London

showmasters

We are pleased to announce our latest event

COLLECORMANIA LONDON!

Earls Court Olympia 2

28th - 29th November 2009

This event will be replacing our usual Milton Keynes autumn Collectormania due to the Stadium MK's main hall not being finished in time. We are very excited about the new venue and are looking forward to seeing you there.

thanks

The Showmasters Team

just to let you know,Olympia is in West Kensington,not in Earls Court.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same weekend as another London event :thumbup:

I seem to be the only one who doesn't know what this other event is!

I'm not sure I'll be able to afford to go yet, 4 Dr Who events in November already. Two of them Showmasters. Still I'll keep my eye on it!

Same weekend as another London event :P

Yes many have already said that, and this may be blunt, but put up with it.

There's a tube ride not even an hour from location to location, so it's easily doable.

Now can we stop talking about this other event and look forward to Collectormania LONDON! :dance:

I will probably go, hopefully with some Twilight guests as it's so close after the New Moon movie comes out...

Ooohh and some Buffy and Veronica Mars guests...

does any one know if tom baker is going to be at that one in november

No reason to assume he will do both, they are only 4 months apart. I hope he does one somewhere towards the end of the year though, now he is returning to the role on audio.

Why could we not go back to the MK Centre for just the one show? Collectormania was unique for many things and its location was one of them, that and free entry. I just hope that CM does not become a semi-LFCC part II.

Because it's been said time and time again that it was the MK: Centre that decided NOT to have Collectormania there anymore, it was not SM decision. Therefore SM can't go back there for this one occasion.

It seems whenever SM choose a date that happens to clash with something else in their lives people just complain, insead of actually taking the time to think of a way around it.

They seem to think if they moan enough that SM will bow to the pressure and move dates, even though those that complain don't even think that possibly just possibly SM had no other available dates for venues or particular Guests that they wanted.

Now can we stop talking about this other event and look forward to Collectormania LONDON! :D

Olympia is a great venue - tube station,plenty of buses (on the main road between Hammersmith and Kensington), decent area, comfortably less than an hour on the tube for those flying into Heathrow (and only £3.20 on the tube, or £1.10 at the weekends if you buy an Oystercard). Seems splendid to me.

:D

Noooooooooooo, its a shame that a more central location could not be found. as it can be a git for people outside london to get to. but i have heard its a great venue.

whats the area like for food and places to stay over??

Maybe to people with alot of disposable income, but not everyone. Then there is the hassle of actually having to leave one venue to physically travel from one spot to another. In theory easily doable. In reality I'd wager that you'll find it rather a different experience.

I hate the other show so it's not a problem for me, but you're absolutely right. For example: I went to London on Friday. I arrived at 12 midday. I had 7 hours free! I went to a museum, and then to the hotel to get changed, and then to get something to eat, and we were LATE for the show! That's NOTHING - and it took 7 hours because of the travelling. It's not just a case of how long between stopping and starting the train... you have to leave the arena, walk to the station, fight through the barriers, walk down (or up) to the tracks, sometimes quite extensively), then do the same on the other side. If anybody has a photoshoot or anything timetabled at one show, I doubt that they'll go to the other show that day.

Edited by Psychosis

Bad time of year for me, could probably make it, but we had a meal at my house last year that time of year, sort or a honorary Birthday for my friend as well, cause no one could do anything with her on her birthday that year.

As it went so well we said we would do it again next year (this year) at the same time which would be that exact weekend, hmmm maybe I could just go one day only.

The meal was such a success I would hate for it to never happen again just cause of a signing event, plus its something I want to keep doing every year. Could hold it the week before? Rather defeats the object of having it on her birthday weekend...

At least thats all I have to worry about.

:unsure:

LLAP :dance:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been answered already, but what convention is on during the same weekend?

Just check out the links section on the massive events website.

And dont say that is against forum rules because I am only directing someone to massive events!