New Pre-Orders Autographs serves now being run in house by ourselves

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

New Pre-Orders serves for Autograph collectors

we have now decided to take this serves back into our hands so as to be able to guarantee that you get the Autographs you order as we will be looking after your order Personally ourselves ;)

This serves is very simple if you want to buy an autograph from a guest thats attending any of the events we run all you need to do is contact us though this email address derek@tenthplanetevents.co.uk

The price of the Autograph will be the same as what it would cost at the event , plus a £5 extra charge for this serves plus £2 p&p in the UK

if you need it to be dedicated this is also posable and will costs another £5 extra

if an Autograph show price is £10 it will cost you £17 total to your door

if you wanted the same Autograph dedicated as well then it will cost £22 delivered to your door

if you order more than one item it will not cost you more postage money the £2 will cover 1 to 10 items

we manly run events, but we also know some of you cannot get to all the events we run so we are offering you this reliable serves to help all the collector every were

if your order has to be shipped abroad please state were it need to go to and our people will get back to you with the price, also if you want it Insured as well please ask for the cost for this too

derek@tenthplanetevents.co.uk

we hope this is of help to you :D

jason :WAVE:

new press release and more info

PRE-ORDER SIGNED PHOTOGRAPHS

We now are offering a new service; if you are unable to attend any of the shows we are attending you can pre –order your signed photographs from us. The photographs will be sent out on the Monday after the show.

Re: Pre-orders Signed photographs

10th Planet Events are delighted to be able to offer this service for all 10th Planet Events, Showmasters & Massive Event Shows.

Please note there will be a standard charge of £5 added to each show price for autographs, and an extra £5 for dedication if you wish, (we will do our best to get dedications done, but from time to time this may not be possible, due to time, queues etc.) if we are unable to get you picture dedicated we will re-fund the £5 charge.

P&P please note postage and packing is going to be £3.25

If there is a particular item or DVD you would like signed please call the office on 01438-718137 and we will be pleased to help you.

derek@tenthplanetevents.co.uk Office telephone: 01438 718137

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea, but way way to expensive if you want it personalised.

Persoanlisation should cost no more than £1, possibly £2. I fail to see how an additional £5 charge can be justified.

Edited by clloby

I have to agree that charging extra for a personalisation does seem a but strange given the personalisation actually decreases the value of the item

The only thing I would say is that MSPG used to add an extra �10 regardless of personalisations on top of their pre orders so from that point of view it is at least giving you a cheaper option. No one is actually any worse off through this system and at least now there is a reliable pre order system in place, which for whatever the reason, you couldn't say before.

Edited by showmasters

I have to agree that charging extra for a personalisation does seem a but strange given the personalisation actually decreases the value of the item

The only thing I would say is that MSPG used to add an extra �10 regardless of personalisations on top of their pre orders so from that point of view it is at least giving you a cheaper option. No one is actually any worse off through this system and at least now there is a reliable pre order system in place, which for whatever the reason, you couldn't say before.

Exactly. I paid an extra 10 through MSPG for an unpersonalised picture as the guest wasn't personalising for anyone, so really, what's the difference? That's the system that's been in place up until now, if you haven't used it before I can understand the 'outrage' (not really, but there you are) but it still works out cheaper than attending for one signature (and is a lot less tiring on the feet in the case of LFaCC). If people think it's too dear they won't pay, then SM/ME will probably rethink - but I bet it takes off as a tenner extra per signature is still less than hotels, entrance, travel...

I dont see any problem.

Its a new service offered , use ir or not thats the choice .

I am sure there are a few people who would prefer to use it when only interested in maybe 1 guest rather than pay transport then entry to some events then wait in a queue , just to head home again.

:headscratch:

I have to agree that charging extra for a personalisation does seem a but strange given the personalisation actually decreases the value of the item (though I think using the term 'absolutely disgusting' is putting it a bit strongly, there are a lot of things in the world that are absolutely disgusting and this isn't one of them).

I can actually see why a personalisation costs extra, although I agree, it does seem odd at first.

If you've got 50 pre-orders unpersonalised with 10 asking for a picture from show A, 20 from show B and 20 from movie C you can simply leave a stack of photos at the guest's table which the guest can sign when there's no one in line.

If there's personalisations involved, it's simply more work because someone has to make sure that the picture from show A gets made out to John, while the photo from movie C gets personalised to Bob.

Extra work costs money. It's pretty much the same everywhere.

When you bring your car to the garage because it's losing oil you will probably pay more for the time and work to locate the leak than you pay for the replacement part.

Edited by showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

we are charging an extra £5 because of the extra responsibility as we will need to get the right text or saying or name needs and this is going to take a lot more work and time to get it right.

people have been asking for this serves for some time and i have to put a team onto this to help it to run ,

if you want to come along to the event and get it at the show price than you still can, no one is stopping you and we would prefer you did that or get a friend thats going to the event to get it for you, whatever you want to do , but if you cannot attend then this could be of help to you,

thank you for your time

jason :headscratch:

There's a cost involved in dedicating, as Jason says, because it then isn't just a stack of pics and a "sign these please". It's a specific, "please write this on this 10x8 and that on that 10x8", etc. Might not sound much for one pic, but if there are a large number of orders it makes for a lot of organising.

So guests who doesn't personalize autographs at the event WILL personalize with this order, 100% guaranteed?? If we can't send in something to be signed for ourselves, how do we know what picture will get signed by the guest?

I'd love a personalized autograph from Nimoy, but I don't think he will be personalizing them at the event. I'm going to CM with a few pics to sign, i would be a shame if the one I ordered for personalization would be the same one I got home already signed by the man.

SM I appreciate the comments and fully understand the idea behind the charges. However, I still cannot see why you need to charge an extra £5 for an item to be dedicated. It is not in my nature to ruffle feathers, but on this topic I feel the urge to voice my opinion.

You state that people are paid etc... so just how much does a person get paid to ensure items are correctly signed, with correct spelling etc? How was this figure calculated? There must be a break down that demonstrates how you arrived to this figure? I have used many other websites that obtain autographs in the past (including MSPG) and I have never been charged additional money for a dedication! I fully understand the additional money on top of the autograph price as you are paying for the service. But sorry I cannot understand the dedication price.

I applauded and thankful of the service you provide, which enables me to meet many guests but not this time.

• Showmasters Admin

Jason

Can you confirm whether or not you can send in your own

items to be signed.

Thanks.

no, i do not think we want to be responsible for your items that could have some extra value

thats getting a bit to scary we are happy to get autos signed for you from the images at the event

just lease with Derek by email and we will try to get what you want signed if the film or Tv show is a little part we may not have an image from that show as we do not have images from every thing a guest has done but we will try and its best to email us at derek@tenthplanetevents.co.uk if you need to know more

hope this helps

jason

£5 for personalisations depends on what he personalisations are going to be. if it is going to be a detailed personalisation i.e. To (name) sorry you couldn't be here, (actor) then one can argue the point that £5 is reasonable. If it is along the lines of To (name) best (actor) then £5 is way off base for a charge.

Will people have the choice of what picture to choose, if it is only one then then the process will be even more simple for organisers, - will involve a post-it with the name and if required what personalisations.

• Showmasters Admin

SM I appreciate the comments and fully understand the idea behind the charges. However, I still cannot see why you need to charge an extra £5 for an item to be dedicated. It is not in my nature to ruffle feathers, but on this topic I feel the urge to voice my opinion.

You state that people are paid etc... so just how much does a person get paid to ensure items are correctly signed, with correct spelling etc? How was this figure calculated? There must be a break down that demonstrates how you arrived to this figure? I have used many other websites that obtain autographs in the past (including MSPG) and I have never been charged additional money for a dedication! I fully understand the additional money on top of the autograph price as you are paying for the service. But sorry I cannot understand the dedication price.

I applauded and thankful of the service you provide, which enables me to meet many guests but not this time.

i do not think me going into a complete brake down off all the costs and time managment but i will just say two thinks

1 its what we think we need to cover to make it work and not to loose money and i will also point out that most of the event we charge for the entry and this income helps to make the event pay for its self and the guest that come to and this price helps to not under cut the price of coming to the event , as we do not want less people to come to the event as this is what helps keep the event working and brings in the income it need to make it cover the cost of the show .

2 you talk about (MSPG) and how you have never been charged additional money for a dedication, but MSPG charge £10 if you want a dedication or not so in a way you have paid for it anyway if you need it or not so at least this way you get a Choice

i hope you can see were we are coming from on this

jason :dance:

About the service.

I think its a good idea but what about the still you recieve?

As many of us take our own stills as a lot of guests dont always have good stills on offer i take it is just pot luck what you recieve,i know it may be a problem but a choice of stills would be nice to chose from.

I learnt my lesson when I went to see Bruce Campbell at CM Mid 1 and didnt take my own stills assuming hed have these images which are probably THE most iconic Bruce images.

bruce_campbell_army_of_darkness.jpg

tn_Horror--EvilDead2.jpg

He didnt have them and all he had were some ropey stills so i had to put up with the ones on offer which im still kicking myself for as i doubt hell come back.

Also another query say IF Bruce Campbell was back at a show you couldnt attend can you say - Signed Evil Dead 1 pic please not Army Of Darkness,Xena or Bubba Ho Tep?

I think a page to chose a still from is a good idea but as ive noticed most or all guests take their own i dont know how that would work.

Edited by showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

So guests who doesn't personalize autographs at the event WILL personalize with this order, 100% guaranteed?? If we can't send in something to be signed for ourselves, how do we know what picture will get signed by the guest?

I'd love a personalized autograph from Nimoy, but I don't think he will be personalizing them at the event. I'm going to CM with a few pics to sign, i would be a shame if the one I ordered for personalization would be the same one I got home already signed by the man.

if a guest at the event is personalizing the it will be personalized if it cannot be done for what ever Reason then the fee for personalizing will be returned and the Option not to have the auto and get a full refund will also be aloud

i hope this also clears this up

few i am starting to think this was a bad idire to offer this its starting to get to be a hole world of hurt anyway i know there is alot of you out there that keep emailing us that will be happy with this

jason :D

• Showmasters Admin

I just noticed - Does this mean there is not going to be another CM Midlands this year then?

About the service.

I think its a good idea but what about the still you recieve?

As many of us take our own stills as a lot of guests dont always have good stills on offer i take it is just pot luck what you recieve,i know it may be a problem but a choice of stills would be nice to chose from.

�22 for a �10 guest is a lot to pay for an image that you are not happy with as after all these things or for display.I think a page to chose a still from is a good idea but as ive noticed most or all guests take their own i dont know how that would work.

Also another query say Bruce Campbell was back can you say - Evil Dead pic please not Army Of Darkness,Xena or Bubba Ho Tep?

we ask that you tell us what photo you will want your auto on if its to rare and we do not have one it will not be signed and you will get a full refunded or you can give us an option of which image you would want

thats the beast we can do sorry if you have a rare image you want to get singed then its best you come along your self to the event or give to someone that s going to the event

hope this helps

You might think £5 for a personalisation is outrageous but MSPG are charging £10 for photos WITHOUT personalisations. You're not being ripped off anymore now than you were before. Instead of thinking of it as a charge for personalisation, think of it as a discount for no personalisation! :dance:

• Showmasters Admin

few i am starting to think this was a bad idire to offer this its starting to get to be a hole world of hurt anyway i know there is alot of you out there that keep emailing us that will be happy with this

I think your right, just do what other companies do, after an event post images of signed photos available and sell them though the online shop, theres no hassle then :headscratch:

and £5 for a personalisation is outrageous.... you get them for free at the event.... (insert money grabbing icon here)

do you not read anything i am saying here ?

ok will you be happy if i just charge a £10 fee for this serves and if you want a personalisation or not its up to you ? this way it will cost all the fans more money and we will make more money and people will not bale to say

"£5 for a personalisation is outrageous"

and the people that are coming on here and saying this are you even going to use this serves or are you just having a go for the sake of it ?

soon i am just going to just pull this hole thing i am getting sick of all this

YOU DO NOT NEED TO USE THIS SERVES

if you do not think its worth it to you please do not go for it

j