The website

Hart

Is there any reason why www.collectormania.com isnt being updated? Or have Showmasters just not got round to doing it yet? The only reason I ask is because I keep seeing posts about actors/actresses on here that are supposed to be going to the event but they're not coming up on the website. Is it just my computer not wanting to load it?

Hi there I'm guessing the web site hasn't been updated as Showmasters have been busy with Eclipse 3, I'm sure when they have recovered it will be updayed. I can't wit to C15 it will be a fun weekend :P

That cant be the reason as Tony Amendola who was announced at the beginning of April as still not been put on yet.

• Moderators

Hi there I'm guessing the web site hasn't been updated as Showmasters have been busy with Eclipse 3, I'm sure when they have recovered it will be updayed. I can't wit to C15 it will be a fun weekend :P

That cant be the reason as Tony Amendola who was announced at the beginning of April as still not been put on yet.

Plus we've had Midlands/Autographica

just look at the front page - it's not been updated since at least August 2006!

http://showmastersonline.com/

If anyone just stumbled across that, they might think the company had ceased trading.

My thoughts exactly.

This has nothing to do with C15 website :o

No not really, but in a small way they do as they are both sites for the same company, and depending on what you were to type in a serch engine such as google the http://showmastersonline.com/ webpage might be the first one you stumble accross.

And having an event on and using that as a reason for not updating the main homepage isn't really a good reason for not doing it, especially when that is a major port of call for a lot of people who want updates on who is going and don't like trawling through forums to find the answers all the time. Plus if people were to assume that the homepage of places like C15 were regularly updated with guest info, then not seeing any new guests on there some people may think there arn't any new guests especially people who are new to conventions and signing events or just showmasters events in general.

Also how come even though events may be going on all the time, some showmasters/massive events sites are updated more regularly then others?

:o

LLAP :o

• Moderators

What I don't get is when people complain about the website not being updated when they're on here?

Obviously some people are new, but when regulars do it, surely you get all the info you want on here anyway?

I can fully understand it raising concerns, even with regular posters. Showmasters have now deligated maintenance of their websites, where I believe Andrea used to do it when she had time. To be fair to slaycandy, she has been very consistent with this job - most guests have appeared on sites within 24 hours of being announced, often quicker. But for whatever reason, C15 is running behind. LFCC is quite a bit later and is bang up to date (even if Ray Park looks a lot like Danny Trejo).

Any guest(s) not being added to a website within a reasonable length of time - like guests not having attendance days confirmed when most others have - is bound to concern people that a guest's attendance is no longer guaranteed.

Any guest(s) not being added to a website within a reasonable length of time - like guests not having attendance days confirmed when most others have - is bound to concern people that a guest's attendance is no longer guaranteed.

That never bothers me although I can see why it may concern some people. The forum always appears to be the inital place for guest announcements (and cancellations).

I do look at the websites though. They are nicely done (credit to whoever is responsible). Plus I find there can be a certain 'wow' factor looking at one page that displays the current lineup of everyone that will be attending. I tend ot get a 'this will be a great event' vibe from it.

I can fully understand it raising concerns, even with regular posters. Showmasters have now deligated maintenance of their websites, where I believe Andrea used to do it when she had time. To be fair to slaycandy, she has been very consistent with this job - most guests have appeared on sites within 24 hours of being announced, often quicker. But for whatever reason, C15 is running behind. LFCC is quite a bit later and is bang up to date (even if Ray Park looks a lot like Danny Trejo).

I think its true to say SJ (slaycandy) has not worked on this site , not sure who does it

Edited by scruffy

What I don't get is when people complain about the website not being updated when they're on here?

Obviously some people are new, but when regulars do it, surely you get all the info you want on here anyway?

Personally I worry because I don't want people who are unaware of SM events to simply see the main page and leave thinking they went out of business...the more attendees (thus bigger guests etc) the better, for all of us!

After reading a few topics on the forum, i really think people should cut Showmasters a bit of slack. They are putting on a great show, at a new venue and getting GREAT guests! Is the fact a internet page isn't fully updated really that big a problem?!! :dance:

• Showmasters Admin

No it's not :dance:

The collectormania one will be updated soon.

There is an issue with the showmastersonline.com website that is stopping it from being updated at the moment. It is being looked at and SM are very much aware of it.

I have more then a few friends who don't have the interenet at home (one who uses it for 2hrs a week at the library) and two friends that don't have much time to go on it, and I don't think it should be my job to update them on guests that I know about and they don't due to the guests only being on the forums and not the main home page.

Basically I have friends who find it hard if the information is not on the main homepage to find it, and I just wanted really to know why some showmasters events homepages take so long to get updated or look like they are never getting updated. I'm not reallc complaining and I know Showmasters are the ones that want the business not me, so surely its in there best interest to keep the homepage as uptodate as possible is it not?

I know I can find the info and give it to my friends but then if everyone who went on the forums did that, the homepages would never need to be updated and you may loose hundreds of new customes who suddenly stumble upon a showemaster/massive events events homepage.

Sorry if you thought I was having a go

:dance:

LLAP :borg:

Edited by zebredy

After reading a few topics on the forum, i really think people should cut Showmasters a bit of slack. They are putting on a great show, at a new venue and getting GREAT guests! Is the fact a internet page isn't fully updated really that big a problem?!! :huh:

There lies a big problem, how do people who only view the homepage once in a while, know this? How do they know they have (as you put it) great guests.

You kind of answered your own question there.

I have more then a few friends who don't have the interenet at home (one who uses it for 2hrs a week at the library) and two friends that don't have much time to go on it, and I don't think it should be my job to update them on guests that I know about and they don't due to the guests only being on the forums and not the main home page.

Basically I have friends who find it hard if the information is not on the main homepage to find it, and I just wanted really to know why some showmasters events homepages take so long to get updated or look like they are never getting updated. I'm not reallc complaining and I know Showmasters are the ones that want the business not me, so surely its in there best interest to keep the homepage as uptodate as possible is it not?

I know I can find the info and give it to my friends but then if everyone who went on the forums did that, the homepages would never need to be updated and you may loose hundreds of new customes who suddenly stumble upon a showemaster/massive events events homepage.

Sorry if you thought I was having a go

Very well put Zebredy! :borg:

hope to see Ben Browder up on the website soon :dance: then when people google him, the event will come up and more people will come to C15 to meet him and Amanda and everyone wahooo! :YAHOO:

surfy sah xx

Edited by Queen_Sindel

• Showmasters Admin

i do not do the web site and i have asked Davey to before the weekend but he did not get around to correcting this and he gets back in tomorrow so it will be done then :P

as to updates we are a lot better now than we used to be as we now have more people to help us

now i can come on here and deal with this stuff of go of and keep booking nice guests for the shows i think i know what people want me to do :P

so this will all be fixed in the next few days and this post will be irrelevant

i am now off to book new guests and new events , which is what i like doing :thumbup:

jason :YAHOO: