LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT - Edi Gathegi

Massive Events

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tbh sometimes I think it's harsh on this forum how people try and talk down to others because they'd like to see diff guests, not everyone is the same and they are allowed to have opinions, and I'm sure actors are tough enough to not be offended if someone would like to see someone as well as them... it's understandable

i couldnt agree with you more, at least someone is thinking the same as me :) xx

• Showmasters Admin

tbh sometimes I think it's harsh on this forum how people try and talk down to others because they'd like to see diff guests, not everyone is the same and they are allowed to have opinions, and I'm sure actors are tough enough to not be offended if someone would like to see someone as well as them... it's understandable

i couldnt agree with you more, at least someone is thinking the same as me :) xx

It was never any one's intention to "talk down to people" and we certainly aren't saying you can't have an opinion or that your option is wrong.

All I did was politely asked everyone not to post suggestions in this guest announcement thread. I'm not sure how what I or other mods have written is harsh? I'm sorry if you feel that way it was certainly never written with that intent.

All that we ask is that you voice your opinion in the right place. And to us an announcement thread is not the place for suggesting other people you want to see. There are plenty of guest suggestion threads specifically for this purpose.

Edited by Too Tall

SM aren't thinking "Oh, let's get Edi, Gil and Billy because no one really wants Robert, Kristen and Taylor", they're sending out offers, and these 3 have accepted. Think about it, the main ones will be the most busy. They may have no idea of their schedules that far in advance, so can only commit a month or so before, or they are at high risk of cancelling and then everyone on here would blame SM for it. As they always do.

This announcement is about Edi... it is an announcement not a suggestion thread. And yea, actors can come on here and read things! Imagine if you told a friend that you could make their party. And then you read online that they'd put "Glad they can come, but I'd rather see someone else"... and then see that repeated in a 5 page thread. You then think "Why bother?" and pull out. Does anyone then want this guest to cancel?

SM have every ability to get the main main cast, and they're not dumb- of course they'll be contacting them! But they know the best way to run a con, and that is why you all have forked out your money to go. And, seriously as I've seen this with Heroes, the true Twilight fans should be happy to see any of the main cast- and 3 have been announced so far, in addition to the ones everyone has already met.

Be happy with the 3 you have got! Look forward to future announcements!! You have 2 more cons soon to be announced, and ET2 isn't till October!! Be patient and you will be happy! For Eclipse1, the main line up wasn't finalised until a few weeks before, so you should could yourselves lucky you have these 3.

People be happy, spread love and joy for Edi!!

That's true, but Too Tall's was asking us to keep this thread for Edi's announcement, not to stop asking for guests (even though that is kinda pointless, but I digress). There are other threads for guest discussions.

Anyhoo, look what I posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb here at say Edi (you know you want him there :D) sometime during April.

Do we get a prize if we're right? :thumbup:

Where do I claim my prize? :D

That's fantastic news! Awesome! Just recently watched the vid of him and Kellan dancing at the Australia con! Made me laugh! I really hope Kellan goes to ET2 too! And Jackson and Ashley! I'd be so excited if Rob was there but don't wanna pin my hopes too high lol!

okay i am still dancing around about this announcement :P

I dont think i have fan girl screamed like i did when i saw this ;):o

I wonder if he will bring his wig for us :(

Cannot wait to meet him our first bad vampire :D

I'm really excited to meet him, Gil and Billy. I think msot people dont realise that it must be quite hard to get guests at the moent as a lot of the actors are filming and dont really know what they will be up to later this year.

• 2 weeks later...